Lake Phalen Update

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Lake Phalen Update

Postby princewally on Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:45 pm

Everything sent here will go to Tom, to help Tammy.
Of the people, By the People, For the People. The government exists to serve us, not the reverse.
princewally

Postby chunkstyle on Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:53 pm

I've got this SiG P225 9mm just sitting around, gathering dust.... I could just plain borrow it to her, (indefinitely).
"In his library at Simi Valley, dead Reagan waits dreaming"
chunkstyle

Postby ttousi on Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:47 pm

Looks like mid Oct for an actual class for her and family group. She is still restricted to lifting 1 lb or less with her hands. :( Hopefully in a month she will be ok to shoot ..........if not we will do it when she can.
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby Don L on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:02 pm

Count me in for a donation, along with range time, ammo, etc.
NRA Regional Training Counselor
MN, IL, & Utah Instructor
Lots of Other Stuff
Minnesota Cary Permit Class - MN Carry Permit .com
Don L

Postby 1911fan on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:38 pm

Willing to help however needed, I will load some "popper" loads if needed for early training before she's up to recoil, also if you need some platforms to try for size, let me know, I will gather up a " gun care " kit of the appropriate stuff when she makes a pic. (case, brushes, rod, etc,)
1911fan

Postby plblark on Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:39 am

If she or her family either can't make your Oct class or want to sit through another one, I have one on the 19th they could come to for free.
private or small grou permit classes available
"I'll take a huge order of fiscal responsibility, a side of small government, hold the religion please. " Paraphrase from Tamara K
RIP 1911Fan
plblark

Postby jac714 on Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:29 pm

Whatever I can do to help let me know.
"The 1911 was the design given by God to us through John M. Browning that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and is true now."

IFIA MCPPA Instructor
DNR FAS Instructor
jac714

Postby ttousi on Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:34 pm

jac714 wrote:Whatever I can do to help let me know.

You were already on my list ;) thanks
MN Permit Instructor
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby ttousi on Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:04 am

Tammy attended the breakfast on Sat and got to meet a few folks. Thanks to everyone for welcoming her.

She will be attending class on the 17th and we will be starting her with a .22 to see how the hands do. They are still somewhat swollen but she seems to have pretty good range of movement. We will progress into larger calibers as she can handle them. Down the line hopefully those of you who volunteered time and Bill's range passes will be able to work with her.

Once again thanks for your support

notes.........westberg has provided several items including ear protection (thanks Ron) so she will be prepared. Also prince wally has a paypal acct set up for her with the intent of assisting in the funding of firearm for her. (thanks to SAM for his extremely generous start up donation)
MN Permit Instructor
DNR FAS Instructor

ttousi

Postby nyffman on Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:21 am

I didn't spend much time talking with her but was impressed with her general attitude and outlook. She's an amazing person. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
our quarrel is not about the value of freedom per se, but stems from our opinion of our fellow men … a man’s admiration of absolute government is proportionate to the contempt he feels for those around him --Alexis de Tocqueville--
nyffman

Postby ttousi on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:59 pm

Incredible Generosity

Was at Bills south today and talked with a number of folks...........from the owner on down.

So here is the story:

Squib Joe had 2 donated range passes for Tammy, dropped off with him. Can't remember who from....sorry (but thanks) At any rate they had expiration dates and Joe suggested that he might be able to convert them to tokens with no expiration. So off he went to speak with the powers to be............leaving me to shop :roll:

He came back awhile later and said he was unable to convert them to tokens :(
<
<
<
<
<
<

Instead he handed me a set of paperwork giving Tammy a silver membership for 1 yr :goofydance: ....additionally it also included a free class as well as the opportunity to purchase a firearm at cost :shock: :shock:

:booyah: :booyah: :booyah:

I spoke a little later with Tom and John and expressed my gratitude.....I am just about speechless.......(ya right)

This is (IMO) above and beyond especially since it was given freely without being asked.

THANK YOU BILL'S :!: :!:

ETA: Those of you who frequent Bill's please thank them for this.........much appreciated
MN Permit Instructor
DNR FAS Instructor

ttousi

Postby princewally on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:27 pm

Impressive.
Of the people, By the People, For the People. The government exists to serve us, not the reverse.
princewally

Postby westberg on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:49 pm

Great job Bill's.
westberg

Postby TC95GT on Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:32 pm

Wow very classy of Bill's to come through like that.
"It is not enough to just obey Big Brother, you must love him, too." 1984 by George Orwell
TC95GT

Postby ttousi on Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:47 pm

Sam........Thanks for asking..........been too busy to update.

She attended class and did very well in the classroom and on the range. She had private one on one tutoring on the range. One of the forum members spent about an hour with her while I worked with the other students. I will ask if he minds being identified or he can chime in. Thanks again, masked man.

She was able to handle a .22 and was very accurate. She had the opportunity to try out both revolver and semi .22's. She did take several shots with a .380 but at this time the recoil is still a little much. She may end up using a .22 initially and then upgrading in the future. I suspect a double action revolver may be the firearm of choice. Too early to tell.

I am not sure where the firearm fund stands .........I know several have made contributions lately. Maybe prince wally can update you via PM or post . I think we are still short. (BTW thanks for you generous donation)

Next phase will be more shooting one on one and we will take advantage of the Bill's membership especially when it gets colder.

On a separate note her 2 children..........19 &16( IIRC) both attended the class as well. I suggested that they do to ensure they had training since there would be a firearm in the house. They had an opportunity to shoot and did very well. There was no charge for them as well. Also had another individual come and help with the kids by the name of secret squirrel. Thanks to him as well.

Thanks to all for your support. :D :D
MN Permit Instructor
DNR FAS Instructor

ttousi

PreviousNext

Return to In The News