Virginia MN Credit Union robbed at gun point.

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Virginia MN Credit Union robbed at gun point.

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:44 am

http://www.northlandsnewscenter.com/new ... 66591.html

"Virginia, MN (NNCNOW.com) - Police need your helping looking for two men involved in an armed robbery at the Virginia Cooperative Credit Union."

I strapped on the M&P9 fullsize for carry today...
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Re: Virginia MN Credit Union robbed at gun point.

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:08 am

crazy but not too shocking. I grew up there and the area definitely has its problems. Hard to watch the decline. Lots of great people up there but it certainly isn't immune from the plagues of the modern world.

Frankly, I'm surprised no one at the credit union was carrying. Most every guy I know has gone for the carry permit and carry religiously.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Heffay on Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:58 am

yukonjasper wrote:Frankly, I'm surprised no one at the credit union was carrying. Most every guy I know has gone for the carry permit and carry religiously.

They probably were, but were smart enough not to try to draw when someone has a gun in their face.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby westhope on Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:45 pm

Does anyone know if the Virginia CU was posted?

Our Owatonna Hometown CU is POSTED, so obviously they couldn't be robbed at GUNPOINT.
Because I care, I carry.
westhope

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:38 pm

I'll make some calls and post if i can find out.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:43 pm

word on the street is that the Community College had football tryout last week, so the speculation is that with people coming in from other parts of the country, it is possible that they made a withdrawl prior to leaving town to return to their home jurisdictions. There has been a spike in violence, garage robberies and car break ins around the time of the try-out both Football and Basketball.
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby CraigJS on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:19 pm

Isn't a CU owned by its members? So how can IT, post a ban. Who decided, "it's members" or a weenie on "the board".
CraigJS

Postby PHATSPEED7x on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:03 am

I'm not a member of any CU, or bank in the area so I wouldn't know if it was posted or not. I try and avoid the public as much as possible. There are some real gems up here... all burnt out on meth and ****.
"Amateurs train until they get it right... Professionals train until they get it wrong"
PHATSPEED7x

Postby Heffay on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:47 am

PHATSPEED7x wrote:I'm not a member of any CU, or bank in the area so I wouldn't know if it was posted or not. I try and avoid the public as much as possible. There are some real gems up here... all burnt out on meth and ****.

This is the saddest post I've ever seen on MGT. :-(
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby ex-LT on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:00 am

CraigJS wrote:Isn't a CU owned by its members? So how can IT, post a ban. Who decided, "it's members" or a weenie on "the board".

Why don't you ask Affinity Plus FCU? I know the St. Paul - Lafayette, Roseville, and Lakeville branches are posted. I don't recall if the downtown Mpls branch is posted or not.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby CraigJS on Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:40 pm

Why when I can ask my CU or just ignore the sign... ;)
CraigJS

Return to In The News