SWAT kill 107 year old man, in standoff

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby Collector1337420 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:42 pm

http://www.thenewsstar.com/viewart/2013 ... 7-standoff

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24011751

This made international news. Sure makes us look pretty bad.

Anyone else closer to admitting we live an authoritarian Police State yet?

SWAT must have been really scared. They are no match for a 107 year old with a pistol.

Sounds more like an execution by firing squad, than a police operation.

I guess it's true what they say...

"We get the government we deserve."

Or, should I say, "We get the Police State we deserve."
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
Collector1337420

Re: SWAT kill 107 year old man, in standoff

Postby Thunder71 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:48 pm

How does it make 'us' look bad? It's not like they got a call, showed up, shot him on a whim, and left.

Pretty sure it was a legit kill. Anyone with ill intentions when armed with a gun and shooting at people is a valid threat to life. The fact that he was 107 doesn't really mean squat, he had the physical and mental ability to draw his weapon and fire at people.

What should they have done, whisper sweet nothings in his ear?
Taze him from 100 yards?

A 107-year-old man was killed in a shootout with police, after he held two people at gunpoint in the US state of Arkansas, authorities said.

Officers had the threatened pair leave the home and approached a bedroom. Police say Isadore shot through the door at officers but missed hitting them.

More officers were called, including a SWAT team that inserted a camera into the room and confirmed Isadore had a handgun.

Police say SWAT officers released gas into the room when negotiations didn't work. They say Isadore shot at officers and they fired back, killing him.

He just needed a few more balloons.

Thunder71

Postby Collector1337420 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:12 pm

So what if he shot at them.

If you're so scared, you can't take a few warning shots fired in your general direction, then you are unfit to be a peace officer.

You have a team of guys, with body armor, and full autos, but your scared of a 107 year old with a revolver?

Sounds like some pretty pathetic "police" to me.

But none of that is really even the point.

The point is that we live in a police state where executions by firing squad are now SOP.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
Collector1337420

Postby Thunder71 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:15 pm

Collector1337420 wrote:You have a team of guys, with body armor, and full autos, but your scared of a 107 year old with a revolver?

Did you even read the stories you linked to?
Last edited by Thunder71 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thunder71

Postby Collector1337420 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:29 pm

Thunder71 wrote:
Collector1337420 wrote:You have a team of guys, with body armor, and full autos, but your scared of a 107 year old with a revolver?

Did you even read the stories you linked to?

One article says "hand gun." I said revolver because of his age.

Irrelevant though, as this is a complete deflection, so you don't actually have to address anything I said.

Collector1337420

Postby xd ED on Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:34 pm

Collector1337420 wrote:So what if he shot at them.

If you're so scared, you can't take a few warning shots fired in your general direction, then you are unfit to be a peace officer.

You have a team of guys, with body armor, and full autos, but your scared of a 107 year old with a revolver?

Sounds like some pretty pathetic "police" to me.

But none of that is really even the point.

The point is that we live in a police state where executions by firing squad are now SOP.

Sounds like suicide-by-cop to me; the old guy controlled the situation (and his destiny) right up until it controlled him.
My regards to those who had to confront this crazy bastard.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby illbits on Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:40 pm

I think it's laughable that anyone who has used a gun would think it's no big deal to have someone shooting at them. That mind **** me a little bit. I agree with some of the other posters that say this was a good shoot. On the other hand, if I live to 107 years old I'm goin' out the same damn way just on principle alone.
illbits

Postby Collector1337420 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:42 pm

xd ED wrote:
Sounds like suicide-by-cop to me; the old guy controlled the situation (and his destiny) right up until it controlled him.

Plausible explanation.

What does that say though, that he could just wait in his house to be killed?

What happens when the day comes for confiscation?

Should we just wait in our homes for Homeland Security to come murder us?

Collector1337420

Postby Thunder71 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:44 pm

Collector1337420 wrote:
xd ED wrote:

Plausible explanation.

What does any of that have to do with the linked stories? The guy was holding people at gun point, the cops didn't randomly stop here because they knew he had guns in the house, they had reason to be there - and reason to shoot.

Either your tinfoil is too tight, or your trollin' hard.
Thunder71

Postby Collector1337420 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:45 pm

illbits wrote:I think it's laughable that anyone who has used a gun would think it's no big deal to have someone shooting at them. That mind **** me a little bit. I agree with some of the other posters that say this was a good shoot. On the other hand, if I live to 107 years old I'm goin' out the same damn way just on principle alone.

A warning shot through a door is not the same thing as "to have someone shooting at them."

If he kept shooting. Then that would be true.

Collector1337420

Postby Collector1337420 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:47 pm

Thunder71 wrote:
Collector1337420 wrote:
xd ED wrote:

Plausible explanation.

What does any of that have to do with the linked stories? The guy was holding people at gun point, the cops didn't randomly stop here because they knew he had guns in the house, they had reason to be there - and reason to shoot.

Either your tinfoil is too tight, or your trollin' hard.

The point isn't just the face value of the story.

Collector1337420

Postby Thunder71 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:50 pm

Collector1337420 wrote:The point isn't just the face value of the story.

What is the point, the make believe stuff you added? Surely you must have way more experience with being shot at by grandpa's than the rest of us, since you seem to know that SWAT was out of line here by not knowing the difference between a warning shot and actually being shot at.

I guess they should have just walked in, handed him his pipe and said listen old man that's enough... go back to watching Andy Griffith re-runs.

Thunder71

Postby Collector1337420 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:58 pm

Thunder71 wrote:
Collector1337420 wrote:The point isn't just the face value of the story.

What is the point, the make believe stuff you added? Surely you must have way more experience with being shot at by grandpa's than the rest of us, since you seem to know that SWAT was out of line here by not knowing the difference between a warning shot and actually being shot at.

I guess they should have just walked in, handed him a pipe and said listen old man that's enough... go back watching Andy Griffith re-runs.

Cops are not judge, jury, and executioner.

This is America. Not Nazi Germany. We are citizens with rights.

So, shooting a hole in your door, or anything he did for the matter, is a capital crime now?

No one, not even the police were in immediate danger. The shooting is not justified.

Collector1337420

Postby xd ED on Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:06 pm

Thunder71 wrote:
Collector1337420 wrote:
xd ED wrote:

Plausible explanation.

Either your tinfoil is too tight, or your trollin' hard

THIS
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Collector1337420 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:58 pm

Yeah ok. Tinfoil hat on super tight.

Even though entire books have been written, recently, on the issue.

http://www.amazon.com/Rise-Warrior-Cop- ... 1610392116

Welcome to the Police State. Brought to you by the Military-Industrial Complex.

Collector1337420

Next

Return to In The News