Suspect in East Side beating found not guilty on all counts

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Suspect in East Side beating found not guilty on all counts

Postby mc762x54R on Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:03 pm

farmerj wrote:http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/tag/raymond-widstrand/

that gives you the background as I know it.

There are just parts of town I won't go into. East side being one of them as well as North. Even when we ran snowplow for the state, there were places we knew to stay out of.

I try to stay out of MPLS and St.Paul as much as possible.
I have coworkers who live in St.Paul, my favorite response when I tell them of some brutal crime that happened there..."well was it at night?"...Why would someone willing move somewhere that they know isn't safe at night?? :?: :?: :?: :?:
mc762x54R

Postby farmerj on Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:11 pm

mc762x54R wrote:..........snip..............Why would someone willing move somewhere that they know isn't safe at night?? :?: :?: :?: :?:

that's a rather naive statement....

I came from Fargo/Moorhead. My last residence we lived across the street from an elementary school. The house next to the school was busted for cocaine. A rather large sum of cash and coke was had there. 4 houses east of the same school, pot house. one block north and a little east, another drug house. Same block as us and across the alley and 3 doors down, meth house. That one was finally gutted and remodeled after 3 years. two blocks north of us, murder. 5 blocks north of us, arson/murder. All this in 2 years.

we moved to small town mn, pop 295. 6 blocks from where I live now, level 1 sex offender, had a couple of out of town drug lords decide to have a turf war here too. Lord knows how much drug traffic occurs in the county. And we aren't even in the metro area.

Drive between Minneapolis and Benson MN on US 12/I394. You'd be amazed at the level of drugs and other crap that happens in rural mn.
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Postby mc762x54R on Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:47 pm

farmerj wrote:
mc762x54R wrote:..........snip..............Why would someone willing move somewhere that they know isn't safe at night?? :?: :?: :?: :?:

that's a rather naive statement....

I came from Fargo/Moorhead. My last residence we lived across the street from an elementary school. The house next to the school was busted for cocaine. A rather large sum of cash and coke was had there. 4 houses east of the same school, pot house. one block north and a little east, another drug house. Same block as us and across the alley and 3 doors down, meth house. That one was finally gutted and remodeled after 3 years. two blocks north of us, murder. 5 blocks north of us, arson/murder. All this in 2 years.

we moved to small town mn, pop 295. 6 blocks from where I live now, level 1 sex offender, had a couple of out of town drug lords decide to have a turf war here too. Lord knows how much drug traffic occurs in the county. And we aren't even in the metro area.

Drive between Minneapolis and Benson MN on US 12/I394. You'd be amazed at the level of drugs and other crap that happens in rural mn.

I'm not saying there's no crime outside the cities, but you don't hear about people being beaten to death for walking around at night in Fargo or small rural towns, generally speaking.
mc762x54R

Postby loose on Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:46 pm

LePetomane wrote:Reverse the racial make up of the perpetrator and the victim or let's say the victim popped this little hoodlum with a bullet and there would be outrage from the white libs in this area. Why do we tolerate it?

Well didn't Ya know only white people can be racist!

And I have been told this by a hard core liberal before, he got mad when I told him he was a white uncle Tom.
loose

Postby captnviper on Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:33 am

I have walked thru that exact area. Never been bothered, it was daytime and Burt was with me 85# male boxer maybe he helps. My wife's grandparents live about 2 blocks from where this occurred.
"It's better to have a gun and need it then not have one and not need it" Ricky.
captnviper

Postby xd ED on Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:42 am

captnviper wrote:I have walked thru that exact area. Never been bothered, it was daytime and Burt was with me 85# male boxer maybe he helps. My wife's grandparents live about 2 blocks from where this occurred.

Those who describe the east side as a bad neighborhood know not of what they speak.
Anyone familiar with the city, or capable of reading a map will note the east side is a region of the city, not a neighborhood. It is unique in that there are no other similarly defined regions of the city, with the possible exception of the west side, which is really the south side, and about 1/3 the size of the east side.
So when various neighborhood's statistics (which might be analyzing 2-3 % 0f the population) are compared to 'east side' statistics (30% +/- city population) distortions can be common.
That neighborhood, described as lower Payne Ave, or 'down by Swede Hollow', like every working class area of the metro, has suffered from the industrial manufacturing exodus. Yet within a very short walk of this incident's location remains one of the most authentic Italian restaurants to be found.
My barber, and car mechanics have shops in the area, and I walk to them regularly. I wouldn't at night, but there aren't many populated areas I would walk at night.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby DoxaPar on Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:56 pm

While in no way should this guy have been hurt I just keep wondering WTH was he thinking walking through / by / near those guys.

Makes me wonder if his conscience told him he was being racists and that morality demanded he not be scared and continue onward.

No street smarts for sure.
DoxaPar

Postby gunsmith on Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:47 am

from interviews I've read it looks like his whole family is what you'd respectfully call 'Walter Mondale, Bleeding-Heart Liberals...with a little Wellstone thrown in'

Not Good.

It's an insane clash of cultures. Soul-less Gangsta & Wellstoners.

Wellstone, before he took the "roller-coaster ride from hell" into the rich soil of Minnesota, was going to embark on a 'Poverty Tour'....

I really can't be coherent on the subject....it's so completely WRONG.

The Ramsey County Attorney's office had better be feeling the heat on getting the other thugs convicted but they'll all be back on the street when they're 21.

I can't stand to look at either of these pictures.

They represent Collossal Failure of the Culture from 2 different ends of the spectrum. And support my contention that 'America has Fallen'

Each of their faces could tell a short story.

"Happy Artist Boy missing part of his Brain" And the other one with dreadlocks: A Descendant of "American Slaves"

If you read any of what was called 'Abolitionist' writings before The Civil War they were clearly alarmed at the Evil of Slavery...and it's looking us right in the face.

And the Abolitionists predicted this...How do you un-do the Evil of Slavery.....CLEARLY WE DON'T HAVE A CLUE.

Al Sharpton and Trayvon the Thug were recently elevated to Sainthood and the first Black president deliberately sets one group against another for politics.

Can I get into a Time Machine and go back to 1947? :D :D :D

gunsmith

Postby LePetomane on Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:14 am

C'mon, lighten up. You wouldn't be overjoyed if your daughter brought home a guy like Mr. Maiden?
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby gunsmith on Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:29 am

LePetomane wrote:C'mon, lighten up. You wouldn't be overjoyed if your daughter brought home a guy like Mr. Maiden?

If a local TV station did an after the 6:00 pm news re run of "All In The Family" they'd have great ratings....That show was so ridiculously funny. Wonder if it's on DVD?

gunsmith

Postby damian_mb on Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:26 pm

tazdevil wrote:So when do the caucasian's start rioting ? Isn't that the normal thing to do after these verdicts?

you will be called racists by their community :roll:
"It can never happen in Amurika"
damian_mb

Postby LePetomane on Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:09 pm

damian_mb wrote:
tazdevil wrote:So when do the caucasian's start rioting ? Isn't that the normal thing to do after these verdicts?

you will be called racists by their community :roll:

Being racist used to mean that you didn't like ethnic minorities. Now it means that ethnic minorities don't like you.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Brunsi on Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:19 am

That part of town has always been f-d up, remember the east side gangsters...the hells outcasts.....black gangs white gangs it doesn't matter anyway you look at it it is a wormhole of sh!t. Lets hope karma gets these clowns because the jury and legal system do not seem to be working.
Brunsi

Previous

Return to In The News