Another reason to not live in California.

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Another reason to not live in California.

Postby gunsmith on Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:34 pm

http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/12/democ ... lot-drive/

It's just not fair that 13 year old boys can't vote...the ultimate teenage fantasy is to be the Invisible Man in the Girls Locker Room.

California conservatives say they’ve collected enough signatures to prevent a law from taking effect that would allow transgender public school students to choose the bathrooms they want to use and the sports teams they want to join regardless of their sex at birth.

State officials must verify that the signatures come from registered voters, reports the San Francisco Chronicle.

The signature verification process could take several weeks.

If the state deems that at least 505,000 of the 620,000 submitted signatures are valid, the law — commonly known as Assembly Bill 1266 — will no longer be implemented on Jan. 1. Instead, the issue will appear on a November 2014 ballot.

California voters would then decide if students with penises should use bathrooms and locker rooms designated for males and students with vaginas should use restrooms designated for females, or if those places should be free-for-alls based on how students say they feel.

The primary architect behind this ballot battle is Republican strategist Frank Schubert. His group, Privacy for All Students, worked closely with socially conservative churches to gather the signatures.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/12/democ ... z2kTdehc8T
gunsmith

Re: Another reason to not live in California.

Postby LePetomane on Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:13 pm

Nothing out of that crazy state surprises me any more.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Sietch on Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:37 pm

As anywhere, the majority of voters in CA probably have no clue about this and won't until (if) it's enacted or on the ballot. I'm sure that the assemblymen from less affluent Latino districts will be happy to carry the water for their moonbeam colleagues and explain to their constituents why they should vote to let the boys watch their daughters shower. :roll: If you didn't know better, you'd assume "California" was a Cirque du Soleil tour.
Tony Martin. It could happen to us.
Sietch

Postby loose on Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:56 pm

The crap that comes out of that state is unbelievable.
loose

Postby loose on Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:08 pm

The crap that comes out of that state is unbelievable.
loose

Postby DoxaPar on Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:15 pm

You can say that again.

8-)
DoxaPar

Postby gunsmith on Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:29 am

Some of it is spreading to Colorado....Bloomberg just helped finance a ballot measure to increase taxes which was roundly defeated. They have one more gun ban related recall which would shift the balance of power in the legislature...
gunsmith

Postby Vikingsfan93 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:31 pm

From what I have heard Colorado is turning into the California East. These progressive morons are migrating there.
Vikingsfan93

Postby goaliemn on Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:43 am

this isn't some boy saying "I think I want to be a girl" and given immediate access to the locker room.. this is one that has gone through therapy and possibly started treatment to transition. Its not something most boys would do to just gain access to a locker room.
http://www.mncarrytraining.com
Minnesota Carry Permit Instructor
Check my website for class schedule and fees.
goaliemn

Postby Erud on Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:35 am

goaliemn wrote:this isn't some boy saying "I think I want to be a girl" and given immediate access to the locker room.. this is one that has gone through therapy and possibly started treatment to transition. Its not something most boys would do to just gain access to a locker room.

Ok, so what is the criteria? If a male student thinks it over for awhile, he can use the girls' facilities, as long as he's sure? Why would it make sense to potentially make the whole girls' locker room/restroom uncomfortable and awkward for everyone there, just to make one (or a few) person/people less uncomfortable or awkward in their own area? Should there be separate facilities for every possible sexual orientation or preference, or does it just make more sense for males and females to use the facilities provided for their actual gender, and accept the fact that sometimes the cruel world just won't be able to accommodate every idea you have?
Erud

Postby goaliemn on Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:46 pm

Erud wrote:Ok, so what is the criteria?

If they've started therapy to transition via a licensed psychologist, they'd be considered transgendered at that point.

I don't see it being abused, as it does require psych eval, as well as the fact most boys wouldn't want to be considered transgendered or identified as such unless they really are..
goaliemn

Postby Erud on Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:14 pm

goaliemn wrote:

If they've started therapy to transition via a licensed psychologist, they'd be considered transgendered at that point.

I don't see it being abused, as it does require psych eval, as well as the fact most boys wouldn't want to be considered transgendered or identified as such unless they really are..

What about my follow up questions?
Erud

Postby ericinmn1970 on Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:28 pm

Erud wrote:
goaliemn wrote:

What about my follow up questions?

I'm actually with both of you on this. I consider myself to be pretty open minded and prefer to let people live as they wish, as long as no one else's rights, freedoms, privileges, immunities, or protections under the law are not being violated.

AFAIK, what goaliemn stated is true, the "boys" can't just wake up one day and decide they're "transgendered" and need to start using the restroom of the opposite sex in order to feel more comfortable. And while that's a start, I also see where Erud (and many others) are coming from. In my humble opinion, if transgenders want to use a different restroom than what their body parts indicate they should be using, then transgenders should have to complete their "transformation" via a sex change, hormone therapy, psychological therapy, the works. Until then, yes they'll just have to avoid using public facilities or learn to deal with their discomfort until the proper arrangements can be made.
"The man who lies asleep will never waken fame, and his desire and all his life drift past him like a dream, and the traces of his memory fade from time like smoke in air, or ripples on a stream." -Dante Alighieri
ericinmn1970

Postby goaliemn on Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:40 pm

your followups

Erud wrote: If a male student thinks it over for awhile, he can use the girls' facilities, as long as he's sure?

as long as he's started treatment/therapy, he'd be able to. This isn't just a boy thinking it over, then jumping into the locker room
Why would it make sense to potentially make the whole girls' locker room/restroom uncomfortable and awkward for everyone there, just to make one (or a few) person/people less uncomfortable or awkward in their own area?

So should someone who may have breast development make everyone in the mens/boys locker room feel uncomfortable when they go into the shower? Either way, people may feel uncomfortable.
Should there be separate facilities for every possible sexual orientation or preference, or does it just make more sense for males and females to use the facilities provided for their actual gender, and accept the fact that sometimes the cruel world just won't be able to accommodate every idea you have?

boys are generally more cruel towards those that are different than girls. If a boy was starting the transition and was on hormones, he could face substantial harm in the boys locker room. I don't know if its worth that exposure, vs allowing them to use another locker room..

If there's a teachers locker room, I'd support opening that up to transgendered students. It gives them extra safety, and minimal impact on other students.
goaliemn

Postby 20mm on Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:55 pm

goaliemn wrote:If there's a teachers locker room, I'd support opening that up to transgendered students. It gives them extra safety, and minimal impact on other students.

Why should we have locker rooms separated by sex anyhow? We're all humans!

People should really think about how wasteful it is to have multiple bathrooms and locker rooms. Unisex is where it's at!

ericinmn1970 wrote:or learn to deal with their discomfort until the proper arrangements can be made.

Legally your sex can be changed by a Judge. Just like your name.
"Go 20mm" - Sigfan220
""Real men shoot 20mm." - FJ540
"If I could be reincarnated as a fabric, I would come back as a 38 double-D bra." - Jesse Ventura
20mm

Next

Return to In The News