Zimmerman Arrested for "Disturbance"

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby Mn01r6 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:50 pm

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162- ... -fla-home/

Not sure if it belongs here or in OT.
Mn01r6

Re: Zimmerman Arrested for "Disturbance"

Postby DoxaPar on Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:24 pm

Reports are he pointed a gun at his girlfriend.

If true, I'm embarrassed I defended this loser. His track record since his trial has been crappy. Sounds like he's the type of guy that makes me want to carry a firearm.
DoxaPar

Postby LePetomane on Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:36 pm

To the left, this could not have come at a better time. With the one year anniversary of the Newtown killings this is one more thing to deflect public attention from the failing Obamacare.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby jshuberg on Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:54 pm

He was never a poster boy for carrying a firearm. From the very beginning when he entered the public eye he demonstrated the remarkable ability to make extremely poor choices. In the incident with Trayvon, he was legally justified in pulling the trigger when he did, according to the law, all of the evidence, and a jury of his peers. He's still an idiot though, and is likely to show up in the news again from time to time the same way that Rodney King did. We shouldn't expect anything less from this guy.
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby PileDriver on Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:03 am

Tired of hearing about this d-bag. He was lucky enough to be rightfully acquitted after that s***show, now he's blowing it. True or not (how easy is it now for anyone to say "George pointed a gun at me!"), he's allowing himself to be in these situations. Don't speed, don't be in an unstable relationship- don't be such an easy target. And if this recent allegation is true, time for him to go bye bye. Friggen embarrassment.
PileDriver

Postby loose on Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:46 am

Dejavu? I swear there were allegations of this same thing a while back. I thought his old lady was leaving him??
loose

Postby chopper on Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:29 am

Not much different than OJ Simpson They both got out of a crime of thier life but don't have enough brains to stay out of trouble because people are waiting to make a charge that they can make stick.
chopper

Postby jbrawny on Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:41 am

DoxaPar wrote:Reports are he pointed a gun at his girlfriend.

If true, I'm embarrassed I defended this loser. His track record since his trial has been crappy. Sounds like he's the type of guy that makes me want to carry a firearm.

Same here. After all the people that came to defend him, you'd think he would be responsible enough to stay off the spotlight.
jbrawny

Postby TH3180 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:56 am

Who cares?
MrVvrroomm wrote:What time is lunch? I'm having a colonoscopy that morning at 1000. I'm sure I'll be hungry.
TH3180

Postby gunsmith on Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:44 pm

Zimmerman mentioned suicide: bond hearing. No firearms / ammo permitted.

Zimmerman is indigent.
gunsmith

Postby DoxaPar on Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:54 pm

loose wrote:Dejavu? I swear there were allegations of this same thing a while back. I thought his old lady was leaving him??

That time was his wife and the allegations of him pointing a firearm at her turned out to be untrue.
DoxaPar

Postby Ironbear on Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:25 pm

Many people have commented that Zimmerman didn't handle the Trayvon incident very well, and I think that they can make reasonable argument there. However, I'm not really interested in defending or condemning him, but I find myself wondering if some of his subsequent actions aren't actually a result of the incident.

Consider some of the following factors.

• Neurological: The evidence does seem to indicate that he got his head pounded on pretty solidly.
  • Physiological: Post-Traumatic Stress/Guilt/Remorse... aren't these all things the experts tell us can result in from shooting someone in self-defense?
  • Political: How many people warrant a personal directive from the White House for .gov to shine a flashlight into every crevice of your life? Image the worst nightmare of some anti-government, conspiracy-theory nutjob... and then having that nightmare becomes your daily reality! If you think "Driving While Black" gets you profiled... imagine what "Driving While George Zimmerman" is like.
  • Media: Every media jackal out there has his name, his family's names, and the names of anyone close to him on their search lists; hoping to score some media clout points by digging up dirt on him. Why else would speeding tickets and divorce become national news? Based on the reporting, most of the media jackals would be perfectly happy to see him burn, especially if they sold more papers or advertising because of it. Just how much pressure would constant media scrutiny be? Think it might be a little hard on... say... a marriage?

It is easy to blame Zimmerman for "irresponsible" behavior; but between the stress and shock of the shooting, injuries, the trial, political grandstanding and the media circus; there seems to be more than enough stress and pressure to break down a person and tear at their relationships.

I wonder, is what we are seeing, what Zimmerman is, or what he was made into?

The sobering thought, is wondering how well any of us would stand up to such a malestrom?
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby DoxaPar on Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:33 pm

It's def. a possibility the guy just... snapped. There is no doubt that being one of America's most hated men could do that to a guy.

My guess is that that the Martin incident, controversy, media coverage, and subsequent nightmare pretty much ruined this guy's life.
DoxaPar

Postby jshuberg on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:18 pm

Ironbear wrote:....

You make a very good point that I hadn't considered. Thank you.
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby gman1868 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:42 pm

Living the Armed Lifestyle
gman1868

Next

Return to In The News