Gouger Mtn. strikes a blow to sportsmen

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby Lights on Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:56 pm

If what I have been reading is correct, The CEO's wife does not want dead animals in the store. Hence the resone they have been taken down. Their Facebook page is pretty swamped with complaints. I have been saying for about 2 years now they are going the way of Dicks sporting goods. Cabelas in Woodbury can not open soon enough for me.
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified RSO
Lights

Postby JP5EDC on Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:46 pm

That's too funny to be true...
JP5EDC

Re: Gouger Mtn. strikes a blow to sportsmen

Postby Nougat on Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:17 pm

outdoor stuff is being phased out...it's just an excuse for you to want firearms and ammo for something 'normal', so it has got to go so firearms can be labeled as more extreme.
Nougat

Postby Spartan on Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:46 am

AS if you need another reason to avoid GM
Spartan

Postby Hmac on Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:09 am

I guess I really don't care whether or not my sporting goods store has a bunch of stuffed dead animals scattered around inside.
Hmac

Postby bensdad on Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:37 am

Hmac wrote:I guess I really don't care whether or not my sporting goods store has a bunch of stuffed dead animals scattered around inside.

O.K. But... their NAME is GANDER Mountain. When you sell guns and ammo, and most of your clothing is cammo, and you sell GOOSE decoys (among others), and fishing gear, you've pretty much marketed yourself as a HUNTING and FISHING store. A GANDER, for those keeping score at home, is a male goose... favorite target of more than a few HUNTERS.

If some bosses wife doesn't want dead animals in a HUNTING store, maybe they could change their name to "Kayaking Metrosexuals Mountain."

ETA: Ooh, I got it! "Trendy Winterwear and precious little ice-fishing bobbers Mountain."
I got nothin'
bensdad

Postby Lights on Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:24 am

JP5EDC wrote:That's too funny to be true...

Just Google it and you will see for yourself.
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified RSO
Lights

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:48 am

I did a search for "gander mountain ceo's wife" and "gander mt stores removes heads", all I'm coming up with is the same unsubstantiated rumor on hunting and archery forums.

Do you have a more reputable source?
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Erud on Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:55 am

Rip Van Winkle wrote:I did a search for "gander mountain ceo's wife" and "gander mt stores removes heads", all I'm coming up with is the same unsubstantiated rumor on hunting and archery forums.

Do you have a more reputable source?

What, more reputable than the inter-tubes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Erud

Postby Hmac on Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:20 am

bensdad wrote:
If some bosses wife doesn't want dead animals in a HUNTING store, maybe they could change their name to "Kayaking Metrosexuals Mountain."

Yeah..that's my confusion. I care about the merchandise selection, the prices, and the customer service. I don't care what they call it or how they decorate it. I'm not a particular fan of Gander Mountain but it has nothing to with taxidermy presence or absence. Seems like a dumb thing to get worked up about or direct a shopping choice, even for this place.
Hmac

Postby Rmfcasey on Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:02 pm

I don,t know the truth in this but I remember gong to Herters as a kid and admiring the mounts
Good memories
I grew up near Waseca . My sister dated a guy from Louisiana who had a boyhood dream of going to the Herters store.
Rmfcasey
Rmfcasey
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Rmfcasey

Postby Sietch on Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:51 pm

bensdad wrote:maybe they could change their name to "Kayaking Metrosexuals Mountain."

:lol: :lol:

But, I seriously doubt it's true. Google "David Pratt", the CEO in question. This would be an awfully strange time for a guy like him to start making major corporate image changes on a whim because of his wife's decorating ideas.

If it is true, then they're going to learn a hard lesson.
Tony Martin. It could happen to us.
Sietch

Postby Stugotz on Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:35 pm

Lights wrote: Cabelas in Woodbury can not open soon enough for me.

Exactly where will this store be located?
Speed is Fine, Accuracy is final....but accurate hits at extremely high speed is final much faster.
I don't think you understand, these boys killed my dog!
Taking the gun off safe increases the velocity by 100%
Stugotz

Postby brad3579 on Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:08 pm

Stugotz wrote:
Lights wrote: Cabelas in Woodbury can not open soon enough for me.

Exactly where will this store be located?

http://woodbury.patch.com/groups/business-news/p/woodbury-cabela-s-project-to-begin-in-july
The 85,000-square-foot store will be built at the southwest corner of Radio Drive and Interstate 94, just north of Tamarack Village. It’s set to open in the fall of 2014.

The Woodbury location will be small compared to other Cabela’s stores, the Pioneer Press reported earlier this month, as some span 250,000 square feet. Kraus-Anderson built Minnesota’s other three Cabela’s stores, according to the Pioneer Press story.

Cabela’s expects to hire 185 full- and part-time workers, according to a January news release.
brad3579

Return to In The News