Harvey Weinstein's next movie

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Harvey Weinstein's next movie

Postby MXGreg on Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:18 pm

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... movie-att/

Movie producer Harvey Weinstein announced for the first time on Howard Stern’s radio show that he is making a full feature drama to try to destroy the National Rifle Association.

Mr. Stern asked Mr. Weinstein on Wednesday whether he owned a gun. The Hollywood heavyweight replied that he did not and never would. “I don’t think we need guns in this country. And I hate it,” the producer said. “I think the NRA is a disaster area.”

Mr. Weinstein then revealed his secret project about the gun rights group. “I shouldn’t say this, but I’ll tell it to you, Howard,” he said. “I’m going to make a movie with Meryl Streep, and we’re going to take this head-on. And they’re going to wish they weren’t alive after I’m done with them.”
MXGreg

Re: Harvey Weinstein's next movie

Postby gunsmith on Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:44 pm

MXGreg wrote:http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jan/15/harvey-weinstein-and-meryl-streep-making-movie-att/

Movie producer Harvey Weinstein announced for the first time on Howard Stern’s radio show that he is making a full feature drama to try to destroy the National Rifle Association.

Mr. Stern asked Mr. Weinstein on Wednesday whether he owned a gun. The Hollywood heavyweight replied that he did not and never would. “I don’t think we need guns in this country. And I hate it,” the producer said. “I think the NRA is a disaster area.”

Mr. Weinstein then revealed his secret project about the gun rights group. “I shouldn’t say this, but I’ll tell it to you, Howard,” he said. “I’m going to make a movie with Meryl Streep, and we’re going to take this head-on. And they’re going to wish they weren’t alive after I’m done with them.”

Here's where an alliance between 1st amendment activists and 2nd amendment activists would be helpful.

Otherwise Harvey Weinstein is making himself a target for some 'Dead Ender Biker Rapist-Sadist-Nazi-Jew-Haters'...(as seen in Pulp Fiction, one of his movies)....he himself could wind up Kidnapped and 'wishing he weren't alive after they were done with him'

Hate is not a wise life-strategy. He needs a visit from his Rabbi.
gunsmith

Postby loose on Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:41 pm

So since he is that against guns is he gonna stop using them to make money, lots and lots of money?

They put anti NRA stuff in the lethal weapons too, very annoying, it's like watching a Michael Moore movie.

But unless he has pics of all NRA higher ups balls deep in some young boys from some small far away village I think we're to the point that no amount of **** talking is gonna move anyone from their current positions on their views of the NRA.
loose

Postby Tronster on Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:15 pm

Feinsteins Folly. In it he mentions hollywood types that make millions off movies featuring gun shootings with huge body counts but who also condemn guns and gun owners.
about the 15 minute mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlzZyoHILa0
Tronster

Postby 2in2out on Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:52 pm

I really like Kiwi Ted, and subscribe to his youtube channel. He did a tour of Normandy and had a guide that specialized in the Band of Brothers. That was really cool.

Anyway, I think Weinstein was fantasizing out loud. Sounds like bravado to me.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:25 pm

I got an idea, he could title it "Bowling for Columbine". Oh wait, that's already been done.

Mr. Weinstein arrogantly believes he's far more powerful than he actually is.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby cobb on Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:08 am

“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby gunsmith on Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:34 am

One of the 'Big Four' on Fox interviewed Sen Cruz or Sen Paul and his answer was 'Let the Marketplace take care of it....'these kind of attempts at propaganda have flopped in the past' I agree.
gunsmith

Postby Lumpy on Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:45 am

Is this the one featuring a fictional NRA president based on Charlton Heston, or was that a different one?

ETA: Different one; Sundance channel movie "Cold Dead Hands" :oops:
Last edited by Lumpy on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lumpy

Postby gunsmith on Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:49 pm

Cruz on Greta:

Talking about Weinsteins's anti-NRA movie hypocrisy

"One rule for me and one rule for Thee"
gunsmith

Return to In The News