Dianne Sawyer: special 'YOUNG GUNS' Get out the Barf Bag

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby gunsmith on Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:36 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/2020

Couldn't find it on the ABC website but saw the preview tonight....Barf Bag(s) will be required. They're hiding (unloaded) guns in houses and having the kids find them. It will air next Friday.

Any chance this is going to be 'Fair and Balanced' :)

.....Likes to Cry...

diane sawyer.jpg
gunsmith

Re: Dianne Sawyer: special 'YOUNG GUNS' Get out the Barf Bag

Postby shotz90s on Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:18 am

About as much of a chance that it will be 95º and humid tomorrow. I wonder if they will next do a story where they go to Colorado to see if the kids can find their parents weed stash.
shotz90s

Postby gunsmith on Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:49 am

This photo of Diane is really growing on me:

gunsmith

Postby brad3579 on Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:50 am

brad3579

Postby 2in2out on Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:28 am

**Do YOU know what's in your NEIGHBOR's house?????** Must be ratings week again.

I wonder if it's more important to let people know what's NOT in our neighbor's house…..
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby LePetomane on Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:35 am

I wonder how many guns of those featured in this show are legally owned. Once again, shifting the blame from human stupidity to an inanimate object.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Sietch on Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:01 pm

Count on zero mention of parents simply talking openly and honestly with their kids about guns.

I ask anti-leaning friends if their kids know where they keep their cars, and their keys, and why their kids don't take the cars out for a spin when they're not around? "My kids know better than that."

So why not guns? Why do they have to be a secret? What, your otherwise smart kids are rendered instantly retarded and unable to resist guns?
Tony Martin. It could happen to us.
Sietch

Postby ex-LT on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:35 am

2in2out wrote:**Do YOU know what's in your NEIGHBOR's house?????**

Nope, and I don't give a rat's furry arse, either. As far as my neighbors knowing what I have in my house, as long as what I have or what I'm doing isn't illegal, it's none of their d@mn business. If Ms Sawyer and the nannystaters in the MSM have a problem with my attitude, they can kiss my sizable, lily-white backside.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby Evad on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:05 am

Sietch wrote:Count on zero mention of parents simply talking openly and honestly with their kids about guns.

I ask anti-leaning friends if their kids know where they keep their cars, and their keys, and why their kids don't take the cars out for a spin when they're not around? "My kids know better than that."

So why not guns? Why do they have to be a secret? What, your otherwise smart kids are rendered instantly retarded and unable to resist guns?

I have a relative who is so anti it isn't funny. Once when the subject came up, I asked if she would rather be gang raped and beaten, or have a chance at self defense because of one of her comments. She actually said she would. I motioned to her sons in the other room, asked if she would rather have a gun to protect them, or watch them get murdered. My mom walked away when she heard her answer. So did I.

We don't talk about it. I believe she would get on the stand against anyone who used a gun, even if it meant she had a live child vs a dead one. Some people willl hate guns no matter what. Some peole will NOT change. I focus on the ones who will.
Evad

Postby steve4102 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:33 am

Evad wrote:
Sietch wrote:Count on zero mention of parents simply talking openly and honestly with their kids about guns.

I have a relative who is so anti it isn't funny. Once when the subject came up, I asked if she would rather be gang raped and beaten, or have a chance at self defense because of one of her comments. She actually said she would. I motioned to her sons in the other room, asked if she would rather have a gun to protect them, or watch them get murdered. My mom walked away when she heard her answer. So did I.

We don't talk about it. I believe she would get on the stand against anyone who used a gun, even if it meant she had a live child vs a dead one. Some people willl hate guns no matter what. Some peole will NOT change. I focus on the ones who will.

She Lies!

Reminds me of the character in the Last Rambo film that hated all things firearm and killing. Said taking a life is Never an option, ever. Till it was he and his woman's life, then he killed with his bare hands and a stone.

She lies!
steve4102

Postby Evad on Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:05 am

steve4102 wrote:She Lies!

Reminds me of the character in the Last Rambo film that hated all things firearm and killing. Said taking a life is Never an option, ever. Till it was he and his woman's life, then he killed with his bare hands and a stone.

She lies!

I agree with you. But, any discussion was out of the question.

Wait till I host thanksgiving next year :twisted: I may have to mount a couple ARs on the kitchen wall. :lol:
Evad

Postby steve4102 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:26 am

Evad wrote:
steve4102 wrote:She Lies!

She lies!

I agree with you. But, any discussion was out of the question.

Wait till I host thanksgiving next year :twisted: I may have to mount a couple ARs on the kitchen wall. :lol:

Open carry a nice big 1911 would be a nice touch as well.

You could also say to her children, "hear that guys, Your Mother would rather a Bad Guy come into your home and kill all of you instead of having me save your lives with my handgun" Nice Mom you got huh!"
steve4102

Postby tman on Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:18 pm

Evad wrote:

I bet that conversation made her think. She just wouldn't / won't admit it.

No one likes to admit they're wrong. Ever.
Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

Postby Evad on Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:51 pm

tman wrote:I bet that conversation made her think. She just wouldn't / won't admit it.

No one likes to admit they're wrong. Ever.

I hope it does make her think. Even a little.
Evad

Postby gunsmith on Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:00 pm

It's on at 9:00 tonight...not going to watch...more of the same.

This has become my favorite picture of Diane:

gunsmith

Next

Return to In The News