Bwahahaha! Armed Robbery at Old Country Buffet

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Bwahahaha! Armed Robbery at Old Country Buffet

Postby hammAR on Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:36 am

Packrat wrote: I don't lead a life of crime and don't know the in's and out's, but why stick arround after you rob somepalce ?

Because there are idiots out there -
some rob OCB's then sit down and eat and some post Bwahahaha threads........... :cogitating:
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby old guy on Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:23 pm

hammAR wrote:
Packrat wrote: I don't lead a life of crime and don't know the in's and out's, but why stick arround after you rob somepalce ?

Because there are idiots out there -
some rob OCB's then sit down and eat and some post Bwahahaha threads........... :cogitating:

Chuckle :lol:
old guy

Postby bummey on Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:53 pm

Well, can you pass by the cinnamon roll station without stopping to have a few?
bummey

Postby XDM45 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:14 pm

Guns or lack of guns aren't the problem --- people are.

People killed before guns and if guns wouldn't exist, they'd kill using something else. Let's face it, you could have a federal agent tag along with every single person in the US, more dictatorial than naz Germany and you'd STILL have rape, murder, illegal sales of items like guns, drugs, etc. So if OCB said "Hey ya'all, bring you your full auto 50 cal Ma Duece and slap it on the table aimed at our front door" I can promise ya, stuff would still happen because there are PEOPLE out there just plain bat shyte crazy enough to go against such things. Some a-hat would just toss in a few frag grenades from around the corner or use an RPG or whatever else they chose to take you out first. With drones becoming affordable, they could even use one of those, who knows. There's ALWAYS a way "in".

We as a community REALLY need to not focus on guns, but instead on people. The anti-gunners focus on guns and gun control because they want to divert people away from the cause of the problem, which is PEOPLE. People have never and will never be 100% controlled, but the AGers figure a THING such as a gun can be. It's also political suicide for a politician or anyone in that area, to say that "people are the real problem, we can't control, and going after guns is useless." Of course we feel the need to defend GUNS, and we also never address the real issue and problem that it's PEOPLE and not GUNS which are the issue. In a way, we're just as bad in that area as the AGers are.

So how do we change people to not be nutjobs? Well, some you can't, some you can, and some you'll never know about until it's too late. There isn't a 100% guarantee in life. Life is dangerous and that's the way it is. You can't live in a shell of bubble wrap. The best we can do is to try and identify threats, change people's attitudes, be vigilant and not reduce freedoms. I wish I had a step by step plan for all of this, but I don't. What I DO KNOW, is it's the only truly effective way to solve the problem of people and not just treat the symptoms of it (which AGers see as guns in this case.)
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Postby Lumpy on Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:38 am

XDM45 wrote:I can promise ya, stuff would still happen because there are PEOPLE out there just plain bat shyte crazy enough to go against such things.
The Guy Who Tried to Rob a Gun Store: http://www.snopes.com/crime/dumdum/gunshop.asp
Lumpy

Postby XDM45 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:51 pm

Lumpy wrote:
XDM45 wrote:I can promise ya, stuff would still happen because there are PEOPLE out there just plain bat shyte crazy enough to go against such things.
The Guy Who Tried to Rob a Gun Store: http://www.snopes.com/crime/dumdum/gunshop.asp

Yupperdoodles. Just one batshyte crazy person example right there. :)

/begin_sarcasm - I'm certain the AGers would blame the gun for robbing the gun store. The AGers would also blame the guns in the gun store for not defending the gun store too; so therefore guns aren't used to defend, only attack, and therefore all guns need to be controlled or outright banned....you know.....for the sake of the children. - /end_sarcasm
Gnothi Seauton
XDM45

Previous

Return to In The News