Chipotle doesn't want our business

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Chipotle doesn't want our business

Postby Randygmn on Mon May 19, 2014 5:30 pm

I wouldn't eat their slop anyway, but they've decided today that they don't want our business. Please oblige.

http://news.yahoo.com/chipotle-dont-bri ... 8AzivQtDMD
Randygmn

Re: Chipotle doesn't want our business

Postby xd ED on Mon May 19, 2014 5:53 pm

Where did they say that?

However, this would not be the first time some jackwagons carried ARs into a restaurant and effed things up for people with nothing to prove or exhibit.

TheTexas guys should have just bought big trucks to deal with their inadequacies, and left their rifles in the safe.
The clowns that pull these stunts have an agenda, and it's obviously not furthering gun rights, given the fairly consistent response they get.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Mn01r6 on Mon May 19, 2014 5:57 pm

Full chipotle statement from a Forbes article:

“The issue of gun ownership or gun rights has become one of the most contentious debates in the country. Chipotle has never taken a position on this issue, as we focus instead on our mission to change the way people think about and eat fast food.

Recently participants from an “open carry” demonstration in Texas brought guns (including military-style assault rifles) into one of our restaurants, causing many of our customers anxiety and discomfort. Because of this, we are respectfully asking that customers not bring guns into our restaurants, unless they are authorized law enforcement personnel.

Historically, we felt it enough to simply comply with local laws regarding the open or concealed carrying of firearms, because we believe that it is not fair to put our team members in the uncomfortable position of asking that customers refrain from bringing guns into our restaurants. However, because the display of firearms in our restaurants has now created an environment that is potentially intimidating or uncomfortable for many of our customers, we think it is time to make this request.

We acknowledge that there are strong arguments on both sides of this issue. We have seen those differing positions expressed in the wake of this event in Texas, where pro-gun customers have contacted us to applaud our support of the Second Amendment, and anti-gun customers have expressed concern over the visible display of military-style assault rifles in restaurants where families are eating. The vast majority of gun owners are responsible citizens and we appreciate them honoring this request. And we hope that our customers who oppose the carrying of guns in public agree with us that it is the role of elected officials and the legislative process to set policy in this area, not the role of businesses like Chipotle.”
Mn01r6

Postby Citiot on Mon May 19, 2014 6:27 pm

I really like Chipotle. Their statement is very good "marketing speak." Each side can say they won, and each side can say they lost. I'm still going to eat there.

Open carrying "military-style assault rifles" (huh!? selective fire?..... yes Chipotle got that wrong) is not helping in my opinion. I see lots of pictures that are not very complimentary of "gun people" from these "events."

I do understand why the open carry folks are doing it.... but jeeeeze, don't forget to see the forest through the trees. It's not helping at all.

A better portrayal of gun rights is in the "And I carry" video. (and a much better chance of changing minds)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h4ZtouvCOE
Last edited by Citiot on Mon May 19, 2014 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Citiot

Postby xd ED on Mon May 19, 2014 7:42 pm

Citiot wrote:I really like Chipotle. Their statement is very good "marketing speak." Each side can say they won, and each side can say they lost. I'm still going to eat there.

Open carrying "military-style assault rifles" (huh!? selective fire?..... yes Chipotle got that wrong) is not helping in my opinion. I see lots of pictures that are not very complimentary of "gun people" from these "events."

I do understand why the open carry folks are doing it.... but jeeeeze, don't forget to see the forest through the trees. It's not helping at all.

A better portrayal of gun rights is in the "And I carry" video. (and a much better chance of changing minds)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h4ZtouvCOE

I agree with most of what you said, except the part about understanding why they do this, as I don't. The results of these 'stunts' tend to bring similar, negative results.
Chiptle isn't being anti-gun, (if they follow through with a ban) they are making a business decision forced upon them by a group of customers, not unlike a bar banning 'colors' after rowdy bikers create disturbances.

I wonder(well not really) how much time these guys spend supporting/ participating in events like ''Women on Target, youth/ scouting shooting, etc to great a positive firearms experience to the neophyte.

And at this writing the Chipotle in Maplewood is not posted.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby gunforhire on Mon May 19, 2014 8:07 pm

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=866056770087790&set=o.124149619252&type=1&theater&notif_t=photo_comment

I just posted this comment to their timeline. lets see how long it takes before they take it down. you guys might not agree with me, but that's fine, it's what I think and believe. these guys just wrecked it for evveryone else.

I just got home not too long ago to see this pic from the moms demand gun.....something or another. While I do carry a firearm, I wouldnt ever do something as asinine as this. Guys like this are what make us gun owners look bad. The actions of a few give the folks that won't reason with the rest of us that are responsible far too much ground. We are not bad people. We do not wave our guns around willy nilly and cause murders. We are Doctors, Lawyers, Teachers, Construction workers, Office executives, First responders, Students, Mothers, Fathers, Sons and Dughters too. Us LEGAL carry permit holders are growing in number daily, and hopefully the other carry permit holders will read this and take heed to this advice: Look at this picture. while this is legal, this is also stupid and irresponsible. When carrying a firearm, be respectful, dress better than these two at least, and for pete's sake, Don't be touching your gun and posing for pictures! Guns are a tool. they are made for hunting, defense and sport. they are not made to secure your spot in the jerk hall of fame. While I don't agree with Chipotle Mexican Grill's stance, they are a business and they are free to conduct business as they wish. Just like you are free to do as you wish in your home or business. I am probably going to get lit up from both sides of the conversation, I don't much care. this needed to be said for both sides to read. Chipotle, please don't remove this from your page. I am a constant patron of your stores and conduct myself as nothing but a gentleman there and I plan to continue as such. Thank you for your time and the burritos, they are delicious.

Kind Regards,
Zack Frank

Also, did I mention concealed is concealed yet? :mrgreen:
Last edited by gunforhire on Mon May 19, 2014 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You're not tactical enough to view that video. Practice some rolls for a while, maybe dual wield an airsoft pistol and an Xacto knife, then try again."

~some arfcom user that deserves a beer or 8 from my fridge
gunforhire

Postby TTS on Mon May 19, 2014 8:08 pm

Guys like this are the problem... I fully support open carry but guys like these are to the Second amendment what Westboro Baptist is to the First Amendment.
Owner
Tactical Training Solutions
Specializing in Self Defense and Firearms Training
http://www.minnesotaccw.com
TTS

Postby gunforhire on Mon May 19, 2014 8:21 pm

TTS wrote:Guys like this are the problem... I fully support open carry but guys like these are to the Second amendment what Westboro Baptist is to the First Amendment.

Exactly. these idiots are why we cant have nice things!
"You're not tactical enough to view that video. Practice some rolls for a while, maybe dual wield an airsoft pistol and an Xacto knife, then try again."

~some arfcom user that deserves a beer or 8 from my fridge
gunforhire

Postby Hmac on Mon May 19, 2014 10:41 pm

I'm going to side with Chipotle on this one.

Anyway, concealed is concealed...won't scare the other customers or get me kicked out. A business posting that they ban guns wouldn't keep me from shopping there. I'd either ignore the sign or leave it in the car.
Hmac

Postby Nougat on Mon May 19, 2014 11:49 pm

it is possible they are that stupid, isn't it?
I like to think ''anti's'' would pay someone to be a scapegoat to further their agenda, but I guess thats kind of a stretch.
lots of people would take the money knowing that they don't have to be scared. even if they were exposed for what they did none of their good guy buddies would be willing to believe the ''other'' side.
Nougat

Postby cobb on Tue May 20, 2014 5:58 am

TTS wrote:Guys like this are the problem... I fully support open carry but guys like these are to the Second amendment what Westboro Baptist is to the First Amendment.

Oh, but they are educating the public... :roll:

Some people push the limit and then wonder why more restrictions are put in place. And for those that preach that you must use a right or you will lose it, well be stupid and abuse a right and it will be lost.
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby xd ED on Tue May 20, 2014 6:13 am

Nougat wrote:it is possible they are that stupid, isn't it?
I like to think ''anti's'' would pay someone to be a scapegoat to further their agenda, but I guess thats kind of a stretch.
lots of people would take the money knowing that they don't have to be scared. even if they were exposed for what they did none of their good guy buddies would be willing to believe the ''other'' side.

I've been wondering the same thing.

One of the anti-gun websites posted the little dork's facebook page link https://www.facebook.com/flakoo.delcampo?fref=photo, (It now appears to have restricted access -changed from yesterday) which is interesting for at least two reasons- how did they get the link, and are people really this stupid?

One of the pro-gun sites was suggesting the stunt was astro-turfed by the head of 'moms against scary stuff, inc as she is/ was some high powered media savvy pr person .

To me it's almost a toss up, was it staged, or are they really that stupid. Sadly both seem quite possible.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby ex-LT on Tue May 20, 2014 7:00 am

I only have one thing to say to these jackwagons...

GET OFF MY (insert expletive here) SIDE!!!!
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby photogpat on Tue May 20, 2014 7:02 am

This is why we can't have nice things...
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby LePetomane on Tue May 20, 2014 7:03 am

These two idiots are exactly what we don't need. The disgusting slob on the left needs to stay out of Chipotle and go on a diet. Both of them need gun safety classes. It's too bad that stupidity is not painful because these guys would be hurting.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Next

Return to In The News