Very disturbing shooting and video of the alleged shooter

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby Citiot on Sat May 24, 2014 9:08 am

Cnn:
"...7 dead in California shooting rampage called 'premeditated mass murder'..."
http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/24/justice/california-shooting-deaths/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Youtube. Very disturbing. Not sure how long it will stay up. Fake?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbv5Vpa-B-0
Citiot

Re: Very disturbing shooting and video of the alleged shooter

Postby Nougat on Sat May 24, 2014 12:28 pm

for the 2nd one its 1:27 now an d its gone... whats this all about?
Nougat

Postby Citiot on Sat May 24, 2014 12:33 pm

Nougat wrote:for the 2nd one its 1:27 now an d its gone... whats this all about?

It's off of youtube, but now on theblaze. You ask, "what's this all about?" My answer, the devil is real.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/05/24/extreme-caution-this-frightening-youtube-video-may-be-the-manifesto-of-santa-barbara-mass-slayer/
Citiot

Postby JTapper on Sat May 24, 2014 4:31 pm

JTapper

Postby dcam on Sat May 24, 2014 10:31 pm

That one youtube vid is gone, but his channel is still there... for now.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgsBey ... OyQ/videos

and google+

https://plus.google.com/112420115103149734170/posts
dcam

Postby Lumpy on Sun May 25, 2014 7:07 am

<sigh>Not again.

Said the father of one of the slain:
"The talk about gun rights. What about Chris' right to live?" Martinez said. "When will enough people say: 'Stop this madness! We don't have to live like this! Too many people have died!"
He then punctuated his words as he said, "We should say to ourselves: 'Not! One! More!'" before dissolving into tears and falling to his knees as he stepped from the podium.

So what do you say to a grieving father, convinced that his son would still be alive if the private possession of guns was banned? A lecture about holding people personally responsible for their actions, or citing defensive gun uses, or the practical problems with trying to ban guns, is going to sound like rationalization. Come up with a one-sentence reply that won't simply make him angrier.

If this keeps up we will see a movement to amend the Constitution to repeal the Second Amendment. The Founders wanted to make sure the government couldn't take away peoples' guns; they couldn't have dreamed that one day a large percentage of the population would be begging the government to do so.
Lumpy

Postby Citiot on Sun May 25, 2014 8:57 am

The slain parents must be going through hell right now. As a parent, I can't imagine what they are going through.

I think the man speaking about this all being the NRA's fault is a spokesperson for the family of one of the victims. (people can say very illogical things when under grief.... blame is a big part of grieving)

The facts, however, will likely show that the shooter purchased the handguns legally in California. The guns will be California legal with 10 round magazines. There will be little coverage of the knifings he did just prior. I also see that the mental health processes started with this person complete with a law enforcement contact. Sociopaths can convince anyone, even trained and streetwise cops, that they're "normal." Heck, I bet even the best Psyc PhDs and Psyc MDs might not be able to identify a Sociopath 100% of the time.

It also sounds like the family asked for help.

Also, I noted that the shooter's father was an executive with "The Hunger Games" movie (teens killing teens). His videos looked like a Hollywood movie. Obviously the kid came from some money.

Likely will be a Democrat with the parents being Democrats.

A million more laws would not have stopped this..... Unless the antis get what they want, 100% door to door gun confiscation and everyone must take mental health exams every month.

YERON (Y)et (A)nother (R)un (On) (A)mmunition
Citiot

Postby Lumpy on Sun May 25, 2014 12:46 pm

Citiot wrote:The facts, however, will likely show that the shooter purchased the handguns legally in California. The guns will be California legal with 10 round magazines. <snip> A million more laws would not have stopped this..... Unless the antis get what they want, 100% door to door gun confiscation

If so, the anti's will say this demonstrates that CA's current laws aren't restrictive enough, because obviously this happened in spite of them. :evil:
Lumpy

Postby Citiot on Sun May 25, 2014 3:05 pm

Lumpy wrote:
Citiot wrote:The facts, however, will likely show that the shooter purchased the handguns legally in California. The guns will be California legal with 10 round magazines. <snip> A million more laws would not have stopped this..... Unless the antis get what they want, 100% door to door gun confiscation

If so, the anti's will say this demonstrates that CA's current laws aren't restrictive enough, because obviously this happened in spite of them. :evil:

Oh snap! :cry: didn't think of that.
Citiot

Postby Bearcatrp on Sun May 25, 2014 4:29 pm

One of these days, people will figure out guns don't kill people. People kill people. If guns aren't available, the sick and twisted will use something else.
Bearcatrp

Postby xd ED on Sun May 25, 2014 5:29 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:One of these days, people will figure out guns don't kill people. People kill people. If guns aren't available, the sick and twisted will use something else.

It's going to be a while before that revelation occurs. When there's a firearm involved its the center of attention. At least one news headline stated that the 'gunman' stabbed 3 people.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Bearcatrp on Sun May 25, 2014 7:23 pm

Maybe they should ban knives :o
Bearcatrp

Postby s4oak on Sun May 25, 2014 7:41 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Maybe they should ban knives :o

I know you're joking, but... http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content.as ... t_ID=26793

s4oak

Postby Rodentman on Mon May 26, 2014 6:45 am

This morning I saw in interview with the father of a slain boy who said that no one should be allowed to own 3 handguns. He might have prefixed "handguns" with "Semi-automatic" I don't recall that.

Mental health intervention? Supposed someone makes a call that they know a guy, a tattooed skinhead who has "dozens" of handguns, a reloading "factory" and enough ammo and reloading supplies to last years. He goes to the range almost every week and is seen laughing after firing some of the most powerful handguns in the world. So they haul me away and confiscate my firearms.

And it isn't that far-fetched. Remember that they hauled my arse into an investigation at my workplace because someone thought I made a funny face.

I believe the parents of the shooter were divorced, but still they should have been closer to him, as a family unit, even though he was 22. In fact they DID see the signs and it was just a little too late. A tragedy to be sure, but to blame the NRA, and how many guns he had.....???
Rodentman

Postby Nat on Mon May 26, 2014 6:58 am

I move that we intern all virgins until we get this sorted out.
Secrets are the opposite of Freedoms
Nat

Next

Return to In The News