Home Invader shot dead in Northern MN.

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby gunsmith on Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:50 am

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S3516364.shtml?cat=1

Sheriff's officials in northern Minnesota say a home invasion has ended in deadly gunfire.

Authorities say a man came to the door of a home in Koochiching County asked for help Saturday. When the female homeowner opened the door, the suspect assaulted her. The homeowner's son then shot the suspect.
gunsmith

Re: Home Invader shot dead in Northern MN.

Postby Ghost on Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:58 am

I would like to hear more about this story. Sounds good so far.
Ghost

Postby Bearcatrp on Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:35 pm

One less low life among us.
Bearcatrp

Postby 2in2out on Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:35 pm

Sounds like he first went to another house and tried to rob them, but got his a$$ handed to him.

http://www.kare11.com/story/news/crime/2014/07/28/suspect-fatally-shot-during-home-invasion/13260191/

I'm positive that I saw a quote about the suspect on KARE11's web site earlier today that said he was a recovering alcoholic, and hasn't ever done anything like this before. That must've been pulled, because I can't find it now.

I'm glad none of the victims was seriously hurt.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby gunsmith on Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:44 pm

This is Funny....At the first home he broke in they HIT HIM WITH A GUN...and he fled.

At the second house, THEY SHOT HIM WITH A GUN and he died.

He should have stayed in bed today.
gunsmith

Postby Nougat on Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:25 am

first guy is lucky he only got his stock broken! :shock: You'd think the business end would be toward you? maybe it had just been emptied though, otherwise not a good plan for use.
Nougat

Postby tman on Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:17 am

Nougat wrote:first guy is lucky he only got his stock broken! :shock: You'd think the business end would be toward you? maybe it had just been emptied though, otherwise not a good plan for use.

If I had to guess, either the shotgun wasn't loaded and was going to be used to scare the burglar, OR, the homeowner just doesn't have the will to kill. Not everyone does.

Sent from my iPad using that app which shall not be named.
Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

Postby Thunder71 on Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:32 am

Possibly further proof that contrary to popular belief, "racking the slide of a shotgun", isn't always enough to make them wet their pants and run out the door.
Thunder71

Postby xd ED on Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:57 am

Thunder71 wrote:Possibly further proof that contrary to popular belief, "racking the slide of a shotgun", isn't always enough to make them wet their pants and run out the door.

Yeah, I've never understood that TV stunt(racking the action) anymore than the tactical tommy in a vest who runs up to the door, and just before kicking the door, racks the slide on his Glock.

If someone is outside, beating on your front door, he won't hear the shotgun doing anything. Once inside, the thunder and lightning should briefly get his attention.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Nougat on Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:37 pm

tman wrote: If I had to guess, either the shotgun wasn't loaded and was going to be used to scare the burglar, OR, the homeowner just doesn't have the will to kill. Not everyone does. .

right. the not a good plan for use would cover that then. should have bought a club/bat of some sort instead, especially if it was loaded! I guess I keep mine unchambered so I could consider hitting someone with it but if I did it would be more of a stabbing than clubbing action than the handing it over move, maybe it did work how he wanted though and the stock got broke when the perp was submitting=begging for his life?
Nougat

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:33 pm

Nougat wrote:
tman wrote: If I had to guess, either the shotgun wasn't loaded and was going to be used to scare the burglar, OR, the homeowner just doesn't have the will to kill. Not everyone does. .

right. the not a good plan for use would cover that then. should have bought a club/bat of some sort instead, especially if it was loaded! I guess I keep mine unchambered so I could consider hitting someone with it but if I did it would be more of a stabbing than clubbing action than the handing it over move, maybe it did work how he wanted though and the stock got broke when the perp was submitting=begging for his life?

The report stated there was a struggle, so since we are speculating, maybe they struggled for the weapon and the owner got the better of the situation then as the perp turned to run decided that either A) it had de-escalated to the point that he was no longer in danger, or B) hesitated as he did not want to deal with the aftermath of a different outcome and in that time the situation changed.
Holland&Holland

Return to In The News