Suspect caught fed some lead

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby CraigJS on Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:16 am

Suspect caught, injested some lead ( a good thing). Quite the nice guy (not). Trying to avoid 36 mo. in St. cloud, now killed a cop, destroyed families, most likely will get life wo parole (good) . Welcome to Oak Park Heights resort.. This is senior, where is junior ?
Remember first reports of a "white aprox. 20yr old male" being involved?? Was this a mistake by wittnesses or was jr. the guy/involved?
CraigJS

Re: Suspect caught fed some lead

Postby sigman on Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:23 pm

The arresting officers showed a lot of restraint in not finishing him off, probably more than he deserved.
sigman

Postby jshuberg on Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:54 pm

Strap him down, spark him up.
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby Rodentman on Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:00 pm

I heard on the news that the authorities recovered a firearm that may be the one "that killed Officer Patrick." The gun did not do the killing. Reporters and editors should be more careful. I don't know if such comments are deliberate or ignorant.
Rodentman

Postby Bearcatrp on Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:04 pm

Can't believe they let the scum bag live. Should have finished him off before anyone local got close to witness. We need the death penalty back in this ***** state.
Bearcatrp

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:21 pm

Rodentman wrote:I heard on the news that the authorities recovered a firearm that may be the one "that killed Officer Patrick." The gun did not do the killing. Reporters and editors should be more careful. I don't know if such comments are deliberate or ignorant.

You don't expect modern journalists to know how to use additives and modifiers do you?
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby tman on Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:14 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Can't believe they let the scum bag live. Should have finished him off before anyone local got close to witness. We need the death penalty back in this ***** state.

Really? No due process?
Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

Postby Sorcerer on Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:12 pm

With the cop cams and citizens cell phones now days most LEOs know thay have to try and keep them selfs in check. That and evidently no ARs. Cell phone vids show a bunch of holes in the SUV.
Sorcerer

Postby Greg on Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:21 pm

Sorcerer wrote:With the cop cams and citizens cell phones now days most LEOs know thay have to try and keep them selfs in check. That and evidently no ARs. Cell phone vids show a bunch of holes in the SUV.

Should be a lesson to the woman that lent him the car, now it's a crime scene, evidence and full of holes. Awwww!
Diesel Boats and tube radios forever!
Greg

Postby Erud on Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:32 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Can't believe they let the scum bag live. Should have finished him off before anyone local got close to witness. We need the death penalty back in this ***** state.

Having the cops finish people off before they get a trial seems like a really bad idea to me.
Erud

Postby tman on Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:33 pm

Erud wrote:
Having the cops finish people off before they get a trial seems like a really bad idea to me.

There are days...
Badged Thug & MN Permit to Carry Instructor
Slowly growing 1911 Glock collection. Donations accepted
tman

Postby ijosef on Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:40 pm

Erud wrote:

True. While I completely understand the desire for vengeance when a human cockroach does something horrible like this, we need to remember that hard cases make bad law. The protections of due process are there for the normal, average person whose life is actually worth something. Unfortunately the laws and individual rights are tested by subhumans like this douche, but we need to hold firm on principle. If we change the law or redefine rights so we can extract every pound of flesh from someone or something we abhor, it will put us on a path we definitely want to avoid.

That last think we want to do is give law enforcement the green light to go all John Wayne in search of a suspect. Anyone recall the actions of the LAPD during the Christopher Dorner manhunt and cops spraying innocent people's vehicles with bullets?

This guy, regardless of what he has done, is innocent until proven guilty in the eyes of the law and deserves due process. I believe if he's found guilty (which he most certainly is) he should be executed, and I'll echo the sentiment that it's unfortunate Minnesota doesn't have capital punishment. I prefer hanging over any other method. Electric chair second. Lethal Injection would be my last choice.
ijosef

Postby LePetomane on Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:52 am

ijosef wrote: I believe if he's found guilty (which he most certainly is) he should be executed, and I'll echo the sentiment that it's unfortunate Minnesota doesn't have capital punishment. I prefer hanging over any other method. Electric chair second. Lethal Injection would be my last choice.

You forgot to mention the firing squad.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby CraigJS on Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:51 am

Seven wounds in shoot out.. Enough for now. Trial, verdict, hang him (so to speak). Still wonder about "Jr" though.
CraigJS

Postby ijosef on Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:45 am

LePetomane wrote:
ijosef wrote: I believe if he's found guilty (which he most certainly is) he should be executed, and I'll echo the sentiment that it's unfortunate Minnesota doesn't have capital punishment. I prefer hanging over any other method. Electric chair second. Lethal Injection would be my last choice.

You forgot to mention the firing squad.

True, I haven't created a whole top ten list of execution methods (yet). Hanging is my favorite, sparky would be second, and others like the firing squad and the gas chamber would be in the middle. Lethal injection is last.

I guess I'm a bleeding heart in the world of death penalty advocates. The 8th Amendment prohibits draconian styles of execution (it didn't apply to the states until incorporation doctrine under the 14th amendment but that's a different topic) and we shouldn't be mimicking our European ancestors by putting people in the iron maiden, using the pear, thumbscrews, drawing & quartering, burning at the stake, etc. Obviously the 8th amendment has been stretched a great deal by 200+ years of jurisprudence, but I still believe in its original intent. A hanging, when done properly, is a very quick and human way of execution - much more so than the needle.
ijosef

Next

Return to In The News