Suspect caught fed some lead

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Suspect caught fed some lead

Postby Greg on Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:32 pm

When it comes to execution I think any Vet could do the job with no trouble, they routinely put down everything from cats to horses with no pain or strain.

That said, while I have a personal "better dead" list, I have no intention of doing anything about it. Society in general and our "Justice" system does a poor enough job finding the truth that I don't think we can execute people with any certainty of justice. It would be cheaper to do the life without parole route, and when we screw up we can say "sorry" and pay damages. It costs one to two million dollars per execution and I don't think that includes the jail time which runs 10-25 years. That isn't going to change any time soon and we have better things to spin our wheels on. We need prisons just for the life without parole crowd since they have nothing to lose. I'd rather be executed than serve life, but that's just me.

I don't think there is any doubt about the guilt of the latest cop killer, but there is a whole continuum from totally certain to iffy and our system across many states can't be trusted to make the distinctions any more than they can manage the VA or health care.
Diesel Boats and tube radios forever!
Greg

Postby gunsmith on Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:57 pm

I'm thinking a variation of the Guillotine. The Guillotine would be set up on a stage maybe...2 stories high...

The platform would be in the shape of a 4 sided pyramid with 200 steps.

pyramid.jpg
pyramid.jpg (49.99 KB) Viewed 1939 times

Once the blade did it's work the decapitated head would then bounce down the steps a few times and then finally wind up at the very bottom step. which would be maybe 100 feet wide.

At the bottom step would be a 'Catching Area' for the severed head divided into 20 sections. Numbered 1-20.

See Illustration:

pinball-deluxe-machine.jpg
pinball-deluxe-machine.jpg (22.74 KB) Viewed 1983 times

Pinball Machine style 'Bumpers' would be placed strategically on the 20 steps to make sure there was an equal chance for the 'Noggin' to wind up in any of of the numbered sections.

"Witnesses" would be able to place cash bets and buy tickets for a number 1-20. Beer would be sold. Small rock concert preceding 'The Big Chop' with Tastefully Attired 'Go-Go Dancers' All proceeds would go to victim restitution.

Everybody's happy. Cost of execution covered. Victims compensated. Quick and painless for bad guy. Little thugs see the 'wages of sin'. The Rabble get a good laugh. (and some cash back possibly)

Each 'Celebration of Justice' would feature at least 20 'Chop-ees' and it could be spread out to provide a good hour's worth of entertainment. Tickets would start at $20...a dollar a head.......literally. :o :shock: :( ;) :) :D :? :o :o :o
gunsmith

Postby jshuberg on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:32 am

Just throw him in the wood chipper. No need to get fancy.
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Postby gunsmith on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:32 am

You mean like this......love that grinding sound.

gunsmith

Postby xd ED on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:52 am

Greg wrote:When it comes to execution I think any Vet could do the job with no trouble, they routinely put down everything from cats to horses with no pain or strain.

That said, while I have a personal "better dead" list, I have no intention of doing anything about it. Society in general and our "Justice" system does a poor enough job finding the truth that I don't think we can execute people with any certainty of justice. It would be cheaper to do the life without parole route, and when we screw up we can say "sorry" and pay damages. It costs one to two million dollars per execution and I don't think that includes the jail time which runs 10-25 years. That isn't going to change any time soon and we have better things to spin our wheels on. We need prisons just for the life without parole crowd since they have nothing to lose. I'd rather be executed than serve life, but that's just me.

I don't think there is any doubt about the guilt of the latest cop killer, but there is a whole continuum from totally certain to iffy and our system across many states can't be trusted to make the distinctions any more than they can manage the VA or health care.

I share your opinion.
No doubt this turd resides deeply in the 'yeah, he did it' end of the continuum, especially in light of his attack on the St Paul Police who apprehended him, and if he's found hanging from his shoelaces I won't loose any sleep. But a government that cannot be trusted to do correctly much of that which it attempts, cannot be trusted to decide which of it's citizens live or die.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby 2in2out on Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:45 pm

xd ED wrote:But a government that cannot be trusted to do correctly much of that which it attempts, cannot be trusted to decide which of it's citizens live or die.

+1000
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby Ironbear on Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:10 am

xd ED wrote:But a government that cannot be trusted to do correctly much of that which it attempts, cannot be trusted to decide which of it's citizens live or die.

It's not like they kick in the wrong doors or anything.... :shock:
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Previous

Return to In The News