Was there an incident at Bills (Robinsdale) Today?

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Was there an incident at Bills (Robinsdale) Today?

Postby Grappler on Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:13 pm

I hesitate to post this because I can't find anything other than social media to back this up.

Grappler

Re: Was there an incident at Bills (Robinsdale) Today?

Postby mrp on Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:53 am

What, Sept 19th again, already?

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=46525&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Does that site just recycle crap year after year to generate traffic?
mrp

Postby Slayer_MN1 on Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:54 pm

There was another suicide at the range.
"From time to time the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants, and patriots."

Aquitas et Veritas
Slayer_MN1

Postby LePetomane on Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:14 am

Slayer_MN1 wrote:There was another suicide at the range.

Why do these people insist on doing this in public for all to see? Go do it in private.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Slayer_MN1 on Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:33 am

I know, if you feel that you need to take your own life fine. I don't understand why someone would want to subject so many other people to that. I feel for the poor kid behind the counter at the range that day, he had to see something that you can't just unsee, and he rented them the gun to do it with.
"From time to time the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants, and patriots."

Aquitas et Veritas
Slayer_MN1

Postby Synergy on Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:39 pm

Thats horrible that someone would do that, so selfish but I guess their mind is so far gone they don't care.

From what I understand this is now the third time this has happened. I was wondering what happens with all the other shooters that are at the range that day? Are they considered a suspect and are their guns confiscated or is it so obvious that it was a suicide?
Synergy

Postby Randygmn on Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:38 pm

How has this managed to stay out of the press?
Randygmn

Postby Mn01r6 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:50 pm

Randygmn wrote:How has this managed to stay out of the press?

Unlike mass shootings, the media is aware of the Werther Effect in suicidal behavior and tends to not publicize them.
Mn01r6

Postby Slayer_MN1 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:39 pm

their are surveillance cameras covering the entire range so there is not much to investigate i'm sure

Aquitas et Veritas
Slayer_MN1

Postby Randygmn on Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:09 pm

Got a little more info-
The man was relatively young, in his 30's and on the short side
He asked about calibers before settling g on a 38. Initially, he inquired about a 44.
Apparently, he wrote a suicide note on the firing line. There were four other people, besides staff, who were there at the range when this happened. Before taking his own life, them an laid down on the floor before the shooting. IMO, he did have the safety of others on his mind before taking his fatal actions.

Very sad all around. Apparently, there were no glaring concerns before renting the man the pistol. I feel sorry for the man who rented him the pistol and hopefully he isn't taking it too hard.
Randygmn

Postby UnaStamus on Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:39 pm

If someone wants to kill themselves, they're going to do it. There's no two ways around it. The only real "solace" one can really look at in this is that a pistol GSW cuases relatively minor visible damage for the head. If it had been a rifle, it would have been a lot more gruesome. Speaking from experience from the early days of the OIF 1 and 2, people tended to better handle death when there wasn't much gore to be seen. Still though, definitely not an ideal place for it to happen. Glad everyone else there is safe.

The media have an unspoken rule that they don't cover obvious suicides. The one exception is obviously celebrities like Robbin Williams. As stated above, they know the dangers of publicizing suicide and the encouragement that it could create. Unfortunately they don't see that same concept with all of the coverage they give to mass murderers/active shooters.
Learning Firearms - Training and Firearms Industry Video Production
http://www.learningfirearms.com
UnaStamus

Return to In The News