Ferguson

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Ferguson

Postby BigBlue on Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:53 am

Lumpy wrote:Kinda strange- people are claiming that the prosecution was botched simply because it was fair, instead of the usual "go for the throat" DA tactics. What does this say about our criminal justice system? :cry:

There was an article (may have been in the Red Star) yesterday where someone was crying about how 'unfair' the process was and that they felt a special prosecutor should have been used. Excuse me, but the standard, normal grand jury process was used that is used in any similar situation. It was made up of a cross-section of people and was, from all appearances, exceptionally in-depth and thorough. If that's not the definition of 'fair' I don't know what is. Certainly, appointing a special prosecutor would have been abnormal and, in my opinion, have less chance for fairness.

BB
BigBlue

Postby Ghost on Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:58 am

BigBlue wrote:normal grand jury process was used that is used in any similar situation. It was made up of a cross-section of people and was, from all appearances, exceptionally in-depth and thorough.
BB

And they were empaneled in May, well before MB got lead poisoning.
Ghost

Postby greenfarmer on Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:07 am

Lumpy wrote:
Grayskies wrote:Legal scholars praise ferguson grand jury for fairness beyond the norm.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... -fairness/

Kinda strange- people are claiming that the prosecution was botched simply because it was fair, instead of the usual "go for the throat" DA tactics. What does this say about our criminal justice system? :cry:

I'll say this much: whatever happened during the shooting, the reaction reveals a serious distrust between the mostly black population of Ferguson and its mostly white police force. Ferguson desperately needs a more representative police force, because as it now stands the police are regarded more as an occupying army than a civil constabulary based on Peelian principles.

Well, maybe instead of those "African Americans" standing around, rioting, looting, destroying peoples businesses, state and county owned vehicles, and a logical person's perspective on them, and the situation. Maybe, Just Maybe..... Some of those "African Americans" should expend some of that energy on getting an education, and a job with the ferguson pd....

What people like Martin Luther King JR did to help the black community out, guys like Sharpton, and jesse Jackson have destroyed and then some. Add in our worthless President, and you have the three stooges. The black community praises these baffoons, and believes everything they say to be gospel. if they would just stand back, and look at the big picture, they would realize that those three people have done more to hurt their community than anything!

These "protests" do nothing good for their agenda. Look at what happened on Lake street yesterday. What good came from that? What did they change? What actually was their "agenda"? Did they accomplish anything at all? No! They just made themselves out to look like a bunch of welfare collecting, food stamp using, drug addicted fools! That block traffic and think they are above the law and that their reasoning for standing in the middle of an intersection and blocking traffic is more important than being concerned about impeding their agenda on everyone else around them.

For my part, if someone would have went flying thru a green light there, and took out a couple dozen of them. I would say he/she should be able to walk... They have the green light, and i'm willing to bet that the people standing there in the crosswalk didn't have the "walk" sign! It's their own stupidity that got a few of them hit by a car yesterday. And I have zero sympathy for the ones that were hit.... You want to have your little "protest".... Then find a parking lot! Find a park! Find a place where your out of our sight, and out of our mind. Don't drag everyone else into your idiocy!
greenfarmer

Location: kinda by the SW Metro, but a little further out in the sticks.

Postby westhope on Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:25 am

I just happened to walk through the room as the wife was listening to Whoopie Goldberg on the "View" discussing the shooting in Ferguson. (I usually try to be in another part of the house where I cannot hear the show.)

She said "Why is it police policy to "Shoot To Kill" and not just to shoot them in the kneecap."

Most people in this country have no concept of their life being threatened. People have lead such sheltered lives in this country, dependent on others for their safety and well being, that they cannot conceive of what may be necessary to protect oneself or family. They have no concept of the stress involved in such a situation and how to react.

Police are not perfect. Most are very good, a job I would not want, but it is very difficult to get rid of the bad cops with the civil service system and unions. That is what I see as most of the problem along with America must accept that every encounter with minorities is not racist. A few are really criminals and need to be dealt with.
Because I care, I carry.
westhope

Postby Ghost on Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:49 am

Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:54 am

and the footage leading up to the car hit???
Holland&Holland

Postby greenfarmer on Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:00 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:and the footage leading up to the car hit???

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S3632350.shtml?cat=1

Watch from the top of the intersection... People come running up to the car as it approaches the intersection....

Exactly why these "protests" are stupid, and should be moved to a park, or parking lot... Or wastewater treatment plant!
greenfarmer

Postby photogpat on Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:02 pm

Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:15 pm

greenfarmer wrote:

Watch from the top of the intersection... People come running up to the car as it approaches the intersection....

Exactly why these "protests" are stupid, and should be moved to a park, or parking lot... Or wastewater treatment plant!

Yup.

So is Eric Holder going to prosecute the protesters here who tried to deny the civil rights of the motorists or not?
Holland&Holland

Postby greenfarmer on Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:39 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
greenfarmer wrote:

Yup.

So is Eric Holder going to prosecute the protesters here who tried to deny the civil rights of the motorists or not?

Probably not.... The motorist was probably white, and the protesters where probably a different ethenticity... And we are slowly becoming the minority in this country.
greenfarmer

Ferguson

Postby AgAuTHORITY on Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:52 pm

From watching the video most of the people were white that was around the car
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln
AgAuTHORITY

Postby Grayskies on Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:05 pm

Well the author of the story is a lost cause, but Kevin Sorbo gets it :D

http://time.com/3605606/ferguson-in-defense-of-rioting/

Note: Page really hates my Ipad!

Oh, being an ex-resident of MPLS, I would like to point out that there are many places to eat, and shop, such outside of MPLS were you lessen your chances of running into rioters.
Last edited by Grayskies on Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby JJ on Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:05 pm

Tony Stewart.jpg
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby Ghost on Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:23 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
greenfarmer wrote:

Yup.

This is a situation where the motorist had to be committed to whatever happened when they drove into the mess. I would have probably been pissed but made a u-turn and gone down a block. I commend the effort though.

EDIT: After a re-watch I see the other cars were able to make a left with no significant problems.
Last edited by Ghost on Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost

Postby Grayskies on Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:37 pm

It is too bad all people do not have too take the permit to carry class, the motorist should have stayed away unless they had to be there for something uber important, like chemotherapy.

I might be worried if I were the motorist, the mob could make their life interesting.
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

PreviousNext

Return to In The News