Papa johns delivery driver shoots robbery suspect

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Papa johns delivery driver shoots robbery suspect

Postby captnviper on Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:59 am

Papa johns will not fire driver for defending self even though they ban drivers from carrying guns.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/15/pa ... =obnetwork
What do you guys think.
http://www.papajohns.com/customer/index.shtm
"It's better to have a gun and need it then not have one and not need it" Ricky.
captnviper

Re: Papa johns delivery driver shoots robbery suspect

Postby Big and Tasty on Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:17 am

I think I might find a way to order pie from them from here on out.
"Do not be far from me, for trouble is near and there is no one to help."
Big and Tasty

Postby Lumpy on Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:43 am

I'm reminded of the SF story Acorna's Quest, which depicted an alien race, the Khleevi, who had slaughtered a race of pacifists and were looking for new conquests. When they meet humans, their reaction is "They are barbaric and vicious beyond belief: when attacked, they actually fight back!”
Lumpy

Postby EAJuggalo on Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:22 pm

As a former General Manager for Papa John's I'm shocked they didn't fire the guy immediately. This is a company whose standard procedure is to fire anyone that gets robbed, the rationale being that anyone that gets robbed must have violated a company rule at some point. In the interests of full disclosure I was fired by the company for refusing to fire an assistant who got robbed, tied up and shut in a cooler.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not". - Thomas Jefferson
EAJuggalo

Postby xd ED on Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:06 pm

That's got to be a tough job.

Last week 3 guys were robbed at the same address:

3 Delivery Drivers Robbed in St. Paul During Weekend
Someone has been robbing food delivery drivers in St. Paul, according to St. Paul police.
Three armed robberies were reported Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights on the 800 block of Marion Street just north of the Capitol, St. Paul Police spokesman Steve Linders said.
Two pizza delivery drivers and one Chinese delivery driver were robbed at gunpoint, Linders said. Two robberies happened at 8 p.m. and the Saturday robbery at 5 p.m.. . .
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Return to In The News