Nothing to debate

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Nothing to debate

Postby Ghost on Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:00 am

I don't believe this has been mentioned here but it's quite and interesting story for those whom haven't heard about it.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/07/08/theres-no-debate-about-guns-im-alive-and-so-is-my-husband-because-had-one-in-my-purse.html
Bottom line: Assailant DOA in the parking lot. My hero recovering from five gunshot wounds. We both are alive.

Now, ask me how I feel about the right to bear arms.

Here's the truth:

1. Criminals will always have guns, this is not about them.

2. Americans have a constitutional right to bear arms. Humans have a right to defend themselves. If we didn't have the Second Amendment, we would create it.

3. You can't control everything; but if it makes you feel better, go with a simple law preventing violent offenders from buying firearms. Make it "violent" offenders rather than "white collar" offenders, or most of Capitol Hill won't be allowed to own them.

4. Get a gun, get legal, be responsible, trust yourself. Don't trust yourself? Then don't carry. But for God's sake then, shut the f**k up about it, because that's where your involvement ends.
Ghost

Re: Nothing to debate

Postby Big and Tasty on Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:22 am

Scary story with a happy ending. I remember watching her on CNN way back when. I am glad she wrote this and only wish it would get more press than Fox.
"Do not be far from me, for trouble is near and there is no one to help."
Big and Tasty

Re: Nothing to debate

Postby djont57 on Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:54 am

Big and Tasty wrote: I am glad she wrote this and only wish it would get more press than Fox.
I am too; but if the MSM was fair, we wouldn't have much to worry about.
djont57

Return to In The News