Shots fired, Chattanooga, TN

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Shots fired, Chattanooga, TN

Postby minnesotatv on Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:48 am

The U.S. Navy tweeted Thursday that there has been a shooting at a Navy reserve center on
Amnicola Highway in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The Navy also said it was investigating a
shooting at another Navy building in the city.

One officer is "down" in connection with the shooting, Chattanooga Mayor Andy Berke told reporters.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/16/us/tennes ... index.html
minnesotatv

Re: Shots fired, Chattanooga, TN

Postby atomic41 on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:30 pm

One officer shot, he is in surgery now. Four Marines shot and killed. No word on who the shooter was, but reports are saying the shooter is dead.

RIP to those Marines.
atomic41

Postby Ghost on Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:57 pm

Damn, of all people who shouldn't be sitting ducks because of a gun free zone...

Makes you think of what could happen with a coordinated attack in several locations.
Ghost

Postby shooter115 on Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:12 pm

I have to admit I wasn't shocked when I heard the shooters name.

"The gunman, who has yet to be publicly identified, was killed at the scene. But multiple news outlets identified the suspected shooter as 24-year-old Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez."
shooter115

Postby MXGreg on Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:13 pm

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. -- A gunman unleashed a barrage of gunfire at two military facilities Thursday in Tennessee, killing at least four Marines and wounding a soldier and a police officer, officials told CBS News. The suspect also was killed.

Chattanooga Mayor Andy Berke said five people died in all, including the gunman. Two law enforcement sources told CBS News that the shooting suspect was identified as Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-poli ... ng-center/
MXGreg

Postby Bearcatrp on Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:57 pm

Looks like all the secret surveillance our government does on the populous didn't catch this guy planning this crap. This is such a tragedy. Us to be an army recruiter many years ago. Pretty much a sitting duck if targeted.
Bearcatrp

Postby LePetomane on Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:07 pm

shooter115 wrote:I have to admit I wasn't shocked when I heard the shooters name.

"The gunman, who has yet to be publicly identified, was killed at the scene. But multiple news outlets identified the suspected shooter as 24-year-old Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez."

I was expecting a name like that.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Rodentman on Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:21 pm

I don't understand why a recruitment office is a gun-free zone.
Rodentman

Postby farmerj on Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:35 pm

Rodentman wrote:I don't understand why a recruitment office is a gun-free zone.

Same reason a reserve center or training and community center (tacc) [formerly armory] is.

It's considered federal property.
We reap what we sow. In our case, we have sown our government.
Current moon phase
farmerj

Location: The edge of the universe in the vertex of time on the space continuum of confusion

Postby Rmfcasey on Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:16 am

It is probably dereliction of duty for the president to continue a policy of preventing our military from defending themselves.after what happened at Ft Hood obama has no excuse for allowing this travesty to continue. It is past time for some General with a spine to fight this policy.
Casey
Rmfcasey
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Rmfcasey

Return to In The News