Another example that goes against the anti's rhetoric

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Another example that goes against the anti's rhetoric

Postby Chunkychuck on Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:39 pm

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/07/ ... ontebello/

A preliminary investigation determined both suspects were armed with handguns attempted to rob the victim, a local business owner, striking the victim once, according to Lt. Andy Vuncanon.

“Officers arrived and determined that the victim of a street robbery was actually able to defend himself and there was a subsequent shooting. The victim was approached by two suspects on foot and both those suspects were armed. The victim was as well armed and he was able to defend himself,” Lt. Vuncanon said.

“One of the suspects fired a couple of rounds at the victim and the victim was able to return fire and as a result we had two suspects that were killed in the robbery,” he said
Chunkychuck

Re: Another example that goes against the anti's rhetoric

Postby Bearcatrp on Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:51 pm

2 less lowlifes to worry about now. Works for me. Kudos to the business man who returned fire and kill the lowlifes. Justice served!
Bearcatrp

Postby Citiot on Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:16 pm

I know the full story isn't out. With what was said, the store owner chased the other robber.

With the limited details, wouldn't it have been proper for the store owner to stay at the store and NOT chase the robber since he was out of danger at that time?

I suppose one could argue that he believed the other robber was in the process of doubling back to kill him.

Still, I think there will be some repercussions on the part of the store owner.
Citiot

Postby LarryP on Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:24 pm

In Ca yikes! I'm sure they find him guilty of murder
LarryP

Postby Chunkychuck on Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:49 pm

Citiot wrote:I know the full story isn't out. With what was said, the store owner chased the other robber.

With the limited details, wouldn't it have been proper for the store owner to stay at the store and NOT chase the robber since he was out of danger at that time?

I suppose one could argue that he believed the other robber was in the process of doubling back to kill him.

Still, I think there will be some repercussions on the part of the store owner.

I guess it may depend on where the stolen watch and billfold were recovered. Were they with the running perpetrator or the other one? If with the running one it is certainly not smart to chase, but chasing is not against the law. Could end up being the like the case in S. Minneapolis in 2011 when the permit holder chased down a mugger, asked him to give back the woman's purse, and when the mugger pulled his gun he was shot and killed by the permit holder. He was not charged. But we will have to wait and see.
Chunkychuck

Return to In The News