Officer shoots motorist, Charged with murder

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby captnviper on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:10 am

Anybody have any thoughts on the cincinati officer shooting?
http://heavy.com/news/2015/07/ray-tensi ... ndictment/
Looks to me like he should not have fired but it is not worthy of a murder charge. I say he should not of fired for a couple reasons but the one that stands out to me is if he doesn't shoot and the man kills somebody fleeing at least he would not end up being crucified like he is now. Also is this cop on foot? In this politically charged atmosphere I am surprised that anybody wants to be an officer of the law. Just doesn't seem worth the risk.
"It's better to have a gun and need it then not have one and not need it" Ricky.
captnviper

Re: Officer shoots motorist, Charged with murder

Postby Heffay on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:16 am

Good.

Not sure why anyone would think "putting a bullet in the head of someone fleeing" should be considered anything other than murder.

I'm interested in seeing what happens to the other officers who filed false reports in order to try to cover it up.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby captnviper on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:46 am

That's your thoughts "good". How insightful thank you for adding such deep thoughts. Also I was not asking for you to validate my opinion. Give your own thoughts.
"It's better to have a gun and need it then not have one and not need it" Ricky.
captnviper

Postby Heffay on Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:55 am

captnviper wrote:That's your thoughts "good". How insightful thank you for adding such deep thoughts. Also I was not asking for you to validate my opinion. Give your own thoughts.

:roll:

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Next time he should try to not assassinate someone who is driving away from him in a car.

The whole coverup and falsifying reports tells me everything I need to know about these particular cops.

The proper response for an officer when someone is *fleeing* is NOT "shoot them".
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby BigBlue on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:16 am

captnviper wrote:That's your thoughts "good". How insightful thank you for adding such deep thoughts. Also I was not asking for you to validate my opinion. Give your own thoughts.

Pink pony is an industrial strength troll. Don't play with the troll. Just ignore.
BigBlue

Postby captnviper on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:22 am

Maybe I should of said I don't think he will be found guilty of murder. The suspect was not compliant and it was a split second decision he made the wrong choice but a good lawyer will in my opinion get reasonable doubt. It does not look cut and dry.
captnviper

Postby yuppiejr on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:26 am

captnviper wrote:Looks to me like he should not have fired but it is not worthy of a murder charge. I say he should not of fired for a couple reasons but the one that stands out to me is if he doesn't shoot and the man kills somebody fleeing at least he would not end up being crucified like he is now. Also is this cop on foot? In this politically charged atmosphere I am surprised that anybody wants to be an officer of the law. Just doesn't seem worth the risk.

The victim was acting like a dumbass and clearly made some bad choices, but nothing I saw in that video justified purposefully putting a gun to his head and pulling the trigger. The cop will (and should) have his day in court, but I certainly think a murder charge IS justified based on what the body camera footage revealed.
yuppiejr

Postby OldmanFCSA on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:27 am

Some states do not require a front license plate.
Whether that applies here is unknown.
But the aggressiveness of the stop does stand out, regardless of fact driver did not obey the officer's commands.
His holding the door shut against officers attempt to open is resisting.
After that the video is not clear on what exactly happened in what order.

my 2 cents.
OldmanFCSA

Postby yuppiejr on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:38 am

Did you miss the other 44 words he posted?
yuppiejr

Postby Heffay on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:53 am

captnviper wrote:Also I was not asking for you to validate my opinion.

You also didn't say to NOT validate your opinion.

Also, you didn't say Simon Says before telling people to give their opinions, so this whole thread is a foul.
Heffay

Postby captnviper on Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:06 pm

BigBlue wrote:

Pink pony is an industrial strength troll. Don't play with the troll. Just ignore.

I'm well aware of pink pony. Guess he was released for good behavior been awhile since he's trolled here. Oh and the Simon says very clever! Last time I heard that one I fell off my dinosaur.
captnviper

Postby LarryP on Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:29 pm

You're back :x

Heffay wrote:
captnviper wrote:Also I was not asking for you to validate my opinion.

You also didn't say to NOT validate your opinion.

Also, you didn't say Simon Says before telling people to give their opinions, so this whole thread is a foul.
LarryP

Postby Heffay on Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:35 am

LarryP wrote:You're back :x

Try to keep up.
Heffay

Postby MasonK on Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:41 pm

Heffay wrote:Try to keep up.

I'm keeping up; this site just went back to being entertaining.

So with that I'll just say...
Attachments
Drinking.jpg
MasonK

Postby jshuberg on Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:35 am

This one is a little more nuanced than some of the other police shootings that were obviously wrong.

The claim is that the officer was knocked to the ground as the car began moving. Obviously a car can be used as a weapon, and if the officer was knocked to the ground, his perception could reasonably have been that he was in danger of being ran over.

The dash cam of the car behind him did show he was knocked to the ground. The prosecutors office released a statement to the media that they don't believe he was knocked to the ground by the movement of the car, he was knocked to the ground from shooting his gun.

So, I'm going to reserve judgement here, I simply don't have all the facts. It all comes down to what the officer perceived in that instant. He was knocked to the ground, and the prosecutors version of the events is just complete and absolute ********.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Life Member
MCPPA Certified Instructor
Gulf War Veteran
jshuberg

Next

Return to In The News