Mississippi River defensive gun use

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Mississippi River defensive gun use

Postby BigBlue on Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:17 pm

photogpat wrote:There were a number of people who expressed outrage that the guy whose car (and guns) were stolen wasn't charged.

The herd needs some serious thinning...
BigBlue

Postby xd ED on Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:21 pm

The excerpt about the stolen auto reminds me of long ago listening to comrade nick coleman, when he had a radio show.
At the time he lived in a similar liberal enclave, across the river in S Mpls.
It seems one night the Coleman's minivan was stolen, and poor nickolas was inconvenienced by being late for something important.

You could hear the spittle hitting the microphone as he ranted about what a heinous crime it was to steal his vehicle. As I recall capital punishment was advocated; and I believe he was serious.
As they say, a conservative is a liberal who got their minivan stolen.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby photogpat on Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:31 pm

xd ED wrote:The excerpt about the stolen auto reminds me of long ago listening to comrade nick coleman, when he had a radio show.
At the time he lived in a similar liberal enclave, across the river in S Mpls.
It seems one night the Coleman's minivan was stolen, and poor nickolas was inconvenienced by being late for something important.

You could hear the spittle hitting the microphone as he ranted about what a heinous crime it was to steal his vehicle. As I recall capital punishment was advocated; and I believe he was serious.
As they say, a conservative is a liberal who got their minivan stolen.

Nick is a zealous resident of MacGroveland now. He'd posted the GoFundMe link for poor manman's family on Saturday along with the photoshopped image of young manman wearing angel's wings.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby LePetomane on Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:08 pm

xd ED wrote:As they say, a conservative is a liberal who got their minivan stolen.

You left out Prius and Volvo.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby BigBlue on Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:23 am

LePetomane wrote:
xd ED wrote:As they say, a conservative is a liberal who got their minivan stolen.

You left out Prius and Volvo.

And Subaru.
BigBlue

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:06 pm

So now we are reduced to stereotyping vehicles? Lovely. Ignorance has no bounds.......unless you are only kidding :roll:
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Ghost on Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:46 pm

yukonjasper wrote:So now we are reduced to stereotyping vehicles? Lovely. Ignorance has no bounds.......unless you are only kidding :roll:

How about a Smart Car or car 2 go?
Ghost

Postby LePetomane on Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:03 pm

yukonjasper wrote:So now we are reduced to stereotyping vehicles? Lovely. Ignorance has no bounds.......unless you are only kidding :roll:

Lighten up, dude.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:30 pm

You're right, how about all those truck drivers huh, huh, nudge nudge wink wink whoa talk about nutty heh heh. Waka waka.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby photogpat on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:42 am

I drive a Subaru. I regularly get 36 mpg, its ridiculously easy to wrench on, tires cost a fraction what an SUV or pickup would run, and its indestructible on snow and ice.

I also own a gun.

The problem with stereotyping any single person is you run the risk of alienating someone who could otherwise be a powerful ally.

Such is the problem with certain people on "our side".
photogpat

Postby Ghost on Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:10 am

photogpat wrote:I drive a Subaru. I regularly get 36 mpg, its ridiculously easy to wrench on, tires cost a fraction what an SUV or pickup would run, and its indestructible on snow and ice.

I also own a gun.

The problem with stereotyping any single person is you run the risk of alienating someone who could otherwise be a powerful ally.

I know people whom have both a Prius and a Subaru, live near and have direct business dealings with Larry Potterfield (MidwayUSA) and are generally conservative. But also have no guns in their house, actually won some (from Larry) and just immediately sold them.

We all know it's not what you drive, it's how you drive it.
Ghost

Postby Heffay on Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:43 am

photogpat wrote:Such is the problem with certain people on "our side".

Tell me about it. We're our own worst enemy. It's as if people think how others view you doesn't matter in life, or has no effect on the things that they do. When in reality if people don't learn how to behave properly in society, society will throw them out along with the rest of the bad apples.

Adapt or die. Those are your options. It's time for some of us to shed the dinosaur skins and start at least pretending we know how to interact with real people.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby xd ED on Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:09 pm

These Cars Get the Most Traffic Tickets

It's long been rumored that red cars get stopped the most by police. Although that's proved to be an urban legend, it turns out the vehicle you're in may play a part in how often you're pulled over, according to a study from Insurance.com

The car insurance comparison-shopping website looked at data from 526 models and more than 557,000 recent customers to determine which vehicles received the most traffic violations and the Subaru WRX sped to the top of the list. The study found a whopping one in three drivers of the turbocharged sport-compact has a recent traffic violation, ranking it the most-ticketed car overall.

“Cars don’t get tickets, drivers do — but those drivers like the WRX,” Insurance.com Managing Editor Des Toups noted in a statement about the study.

Here are the top 20 vehicles that get the most tickets:

1. Subaru WRX – 33.6%

2. Pontiac GTO – 32.7%

3. Scion FR-S – 32.6%

4. Toyota Supra – 30.8%

5. Subaru Tribeca – 29.7%

6. Volkswagen Rabbit – 29.6%

7. Mercury Topaz – 28.8%

8. Scion tC – 28.8%

9. Toyota FJ Cruiser – 28.4%

10. Mazda2 – 28.1%

11. Hyundai Veloster – 28.1%

12. Volkswagen GTI – 28.1%

13. Suzuki Reno – 28.1%

14. Scion xA – 27.8%

15. Pontiac G8 – 27.7%

16. MINI Cooper S Countryman – 27.5%

17. Mitsubishi 3000 GT – 27.4%

18. Saturn Aura – 27.1%

19. Infiniti QX56/QX80 – 27.1%

20. Toyota Prius C – 27.0%
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby rtk on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:25 pm

photogpat wrote:I drive a Subaru. I regularly get 36 mpg, its ridiculously easy to wrench on, tires cost a fraction what an SUV or pickup would run, and its indestructible on snow and ice.

I also own a gun.

My wife drives a Volvo and she is pretty good with a Glock 19 :P
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby photogpat on Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:49 pm

I know a soccer Mom drives a Mercedes like Danica...I think she's a ticket or two away from losing her license.

The WRX is an amazing drive...it MAKES you WANT to drive it to excess...

That being said, we were talking about stereotypes.

I drive a Subaru and own a gun - I'm on your side, quit trying to alienate people.
photogpat

PreviousNext

Return to In The News