Mississippi River defensive gun use

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Mississippi River defensive gun use

Postby Kelor on Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:07 pm

xd ED wrote:These Cars Get the Most Traffic Tickets

It's long been rumored that red cars get stopped the most by police. Although that's proved to be an urban legend, it turns out the vehicle you're in may play a part in how often you're pulled over, according to a study from Insurance.com

The car insurance comparison-shopping website looked at data from 526 models and more than 557,000 recent customers to determine which vehicles received the most traffic violations and the Subaru WRX sped to the top of the list. The study found a whopping one in three drivers of the turbocharged sport-compact has a recent traffic violation, ranking it the most-ticketed car overall.

“Cars don’t get tickets, drivers do — but those drivers like the WRX,” Insurance.com Managing Editor Des Toups noted in a statement about the study.

Here are the top 20 vehicles that get the most tickets:

1. Subaru WRX – 33.6%

2. Pontiac GTO – 32.7%

3. Scion FR-S – 32.6%

4. Toyota Supra – 30.8%

5. Subaru Tribeca – 29.7%

6. Volkswagen Rabbit – 29.6%

7. Mercury Topaz – 28.8%

8. Scion tC – 28.8%

9. Toyota FJ Cruiser – 28.4%

10. Mazda2 – 28.1%

11. Hyundai Veloster – 28.1%

12. Volkswagen GTI – 28.1%

13. Suzuki Reno – 28.1%

14. Scion xA – 27.8%

15. Pontiac G8 – 27.7%

16. MINI Cooper S Countryman – 27.5%

17. Mitsubishi 3000 GT – 27.4%

18. Saturn Aura – 27.1%

19. Infiniti QX56/QX80 – 27.1%

20. Toyota Prius C – 27.0%

Cause/effect problem with that list. The list suggests to me that liberal communities tax more (ticket more) than non-liberal communities. I'd bet my last Pinot Noir on it. I mean seriously. Look at that list. There is no doubt they are talking about California. :mrgreen:
Kelor

Postby LePetomane on Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:11 am

I drive an old beater Toyota on locally because the roads are so bad. There is no sense in buying an expensive car here with the roads in the condition that they are in and no end in sight.

In response to YukonJasper's post on stereotyping, I have also been slapped and called an arrogant prick by a Minnesota nice liberal because of the Mercedes in my garage.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Heffay on Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:31 am

LePetomane wrote:In response to YukonJasper's post on stereotyping, I have also been slapped and called an arrogant prick by a Minnesota nice liberal because of the Mercedes in my garage.

Hahaha, right. I'm sure that actually happened... :roll:
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby LePetomane on Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:54 pm

Heffay, with the limited credibility you have and you're calling me a liar??
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby BigBlue on Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:59 pm

Smells like fish in here. Lots of trolling going on...

Trolling, trolling, trolling...
BigBlue

Postby Heffay on Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:57 pm

LePetomane wrote:Heffay, with the limited credibility you have and you're calling me a liar??

Yes. Yes I am.

Nobody came up and slapped you just because you have a Mercedes in the garage. Either you were never slapped and made up the whole thing (something you've done on this forum in the past), or you're intentionally omitting a ton of details about the encounter that would show the reason you were slapped had absolutely nothing to do with the car you had in your garage.

So any way you look at it, it's either an outright lie or a lie of omission. A lie no matter how you look at it.
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby LePetomane on Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:36 pm

Are you that literal and dense? The word, slapped is used to describe the typical liberal self righteous beat down.
LePetomane

Postby cobb on Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:16 pm

Thread has run it's useful course and now resulting in nothing more than unpleasant innuendos.

Locked.
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Previous

Return to In The News