An Important Lesson...

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: An Important Lesson...

Postby Heffay on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:36 pm

Ghost wrote:No sarcasm. Just a play on the black lives matter which I wouldn't assume that disagreement with their message means people are for killing black people either.

What part of the #blacklivesmatter movement do you have a problem with?
To the two forum members who have used lines from my posts as their signatures, can't you quote Jesse Ventura or some other great Minnesotan instead of stealing mine? - LePetomane
Heffay

Postby Ghost on Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:07 pm

Heffay wrote:
Ghost wrote:No sarcasm. Just a play on the black lives matter which I wouldn't assume that disagreement with their message means people are for killing black people either.

The fact it's racist.
Ghost

Postby shooter115 on Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:20 pm

Heffay wrote:

Maybe the part about how they portray themselves to deliver their message. Blocking traffic, looting and burning of businesses might now be the best way to win friends and influence people. Or maybe it's their fringe elements that have openly came out and said they should just kill all the white people. Maybe if the peaceful people trying to deliver a positive message would police their own and condemn the actions of a few, we would be more likely to listen.
shooter115

Postby Ghost on Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:28 pm

shooter115 wrote:
Heffay wrote:

Maybe the part about how they portray themselves to deliver their message. Blocking traffic, looting and burning of businesses might now be the best way to win friends and influence people. Or maybe it's their fringe elements that have openly came out and said they should just kill all the white people. Maybe if the peaceful people trying to deliver a positive message would police their own and condemn the actions of a few, we would be more likely to listen.

There's also their non-negotiable demands http://blacklivesmatter.com/state-of-the-black-union/
We demand an end to all forms of discrimination and the full recognition of our human rights.
We demand an immediate end to police brutality and the murder of Black people and all oppressed people.
We demand full, living wage employment for our people.
We demand decent housing fit for the shelter of human beings and an end to gentrification.
We demand an end to the school to prison pipeline & quality education for all.
We demand freedom from mass incarceration and an end to the prison industrial complex.
We demand a racial justice agenda from the White House that is inclusive of our shared fate as Black men, women, trans and gender-nonconforming people. Not My Brother’s Keeper, but Our Children’s Keeper.
We demand access to affordable healthy food for our neighborhoods.
We demand an aggressive attack against all laws, policies, and entities that disenfranchise any community from expressing themselves at the ballot.
We demand a public education system that teaches the rich history of Black people and celebrates the contributions we have made to this country and the world.
We demand the release of all U.S. political prisoners.
We demand an end to the military industrial complex that incentivizes private corporations to profit off of the death and destruction of Black and Brown communities across the globe.
Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:26 pm

Yup, they lost me. Where to start. ........ :roll:

It is a pretty sad reminder of how the entitlement culture thinks. They don't appear to be aware that most of what they demand could be and is theirs to control if government wasn't there or they chose to take control of it.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby cobb on Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:02 pm

Ghost wrote:There's also their non-negotiable demands http://blacklivesmatter.com/state-of-the-black-union/
We demand an end to all forms of discrimination and the full recognition of our human rights.
We demand an immediate end to police brutality and the murder of Black people and all oppressed people.
We demand full, living wage employment for our people.
We demand decent housing fit for the shelter of human beings and an end to gentrification.
We demand an end to the school to prison pipeline & quality education for all.
We demand freedom from mass incarceration and an end to the prison industrial complex.
We demand a racial justice agenda from the White House that is inclusive of our shared fate as Black men, women, trans and gender-nonconforming people. Not My Brother’s Keeper, but Our Children’s Keeper.
We demand access to affordable healthy food for our neighborhoods.
We demand an aggressive attack against all laws, policies, and entities that disenfranchise any community from expressing themselves at the ballot.
We demand a public education system that teaches the rich history of Black people and celebrates the contributions we have made to this country and the world.
We demand the release of all U.S. political prisoners.
We demand an end to the military industrial complex that incentivizes private corporations to profit off of the death and destruction of Black and Brown communities across the globe.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result”. - Winston Churchill

RIVER VALLEY TRAINING
MN. DPS/BCA approved training organization.

http://www.RiverValleyTraining.com
cobb

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:21 pm

There is also a good lesson on how those who defend the people and the system that oppresses people to the point that they actually produce a list like this, dissappear when they are faced with the evidence of the failed system they trust.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Lumpy on Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:41 pm

In one sense you can't fault what they want; but it boils down to demanding that life be fair.
Lumpy

Postby Randygmn on Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:17 pm

Heffay wrote:

How about one of their leading activists, Shaun King, who is actually a white guy, and who has lied about his race to get a scholarship to Moorehouse college? Seems to me that everything the BLM movement is founded on, from "hands up, don't shoot" to today's scandal of Shaunika King, is bullchit.
Randygmn

Postby 20mm on Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:37 pm

Heffay wrote:

The hashtag part, and some of the junk after that. #

#funnycat
#epic
#LosAngelesChargers
#justsayin
#mylovefromthestar
"Go 20mm" - Sigfan220
""Real men shoot 20mm." - FJ540
"If I could be reincarnated as a fabric, I would come back as a 38 double-D bra." - Jesse Ventura
20mm

Previous

Return to In The News