Let's play troll or not troll?

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Let's play troll or not troll?

Postby Citiot on Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:47 am

Picture from a legitimate news outlet in Illinois. Not photo shopped.

http://patch.com/illinois/northbrook/group-protests-marianos-over-allowing-guns-suburban-stores-0

Most comments on this believe the these people (holding "signs save lives") are naive anti-2A people. Not many people think they're trolls. They must be trolls who infiltrated the protest. If so, they are BRILLIANT. What do you folks think?

Citiot

Re: Let's play troll or not troll?

Postby LePetomane on Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:50 am

These are the people Karl Marx described as "useful idiots" in his writings.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Citiot on Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:12 pm

LePetomane wrote:These are the people Karl Marx described as "useful idiots" in his writings.

"useful idiots" true. But who is our Karl Marx?

---------------------------------------

But I just can't believe anyone could be this stupid. I just can't. They appear to have survived to reach into their 60s. They must have some wisdom.

Could this be a planned PR/Advertising campaign for the grocery chain? "even bad press is good press"

Sorry for venting, I'm just totally in denial. My brain went <TILT>< ERROR><REBOOT><BLOW CIRCUIT BREAKER>

.... thinking .... thinking .... thinking .... thinking ................................more thinking

ARG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still upset. Heck, I tend to be a left leaning conservative (if there is such a thing), but JEEZE, I have a freaking brain. I'm far from perfect, make mistakes and know the I don't know anything compared to the vastness of the universe.... BUT MY GOSH ARE PEOPLE STUPID!!!!!!

OK, this is going to sound like I'm in therapy...... I know why I'm upset.... my whole life I've been surrounded by motivated people who are smarter than me (I choose friends smarter than I to help me stay motivated). At my job, pretty much all of my coworkers are modestly brilliant. They all think critically. Facts before emotions.

I've never been exposed to this level of stoooopid.

It is appearing that the movie "Idiocracy" is coming true:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

I'm going to leave the internet for a while to cool off.

THE CITIOT
Citiot

Postby george on Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:25 pm

I wouldn't call eight people at a protest successful, Two who may be protesting the protesters in my opinion. (that spoon made Rosie O'Donnell fat)
"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."
-- President Bill Clinton, August 12, 1993
george

Postby rtk on Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:58 pm

Citiot wrote:
LePetomane wrote:These are the people Karl Marx described as "useful idiots" in his writings.

"useful idiots" true. But who is our Karl Marx?

---------------------------------------

But I just can't believe anyone could be this stupid. I just can't. They appear to have survived to reach into their 60s. They must have some wisdom.

Could this be a planned PR/Advertising campaign for the grocery chain? "even bad press is good press"

Sorry for venting, I'm just totally in denial. My brain went <TILT>< ERROR><REBOOT><BLOW CIRCUIT BREAKER>

.... thinking .... thinking .... thinking .... thinking ................................more thinking

ARG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still upset. Heck, I tend to be a left leaning conservative (if there is such a thing), but JEEZE, I have a freaking brain. I'm far from perfect, make mistakes and know the I don't know anything compared to the vastness of the universe.... BUT MY GOSH ARE PEOPLE STUPID!!!!!!

OK, this is going to sound like I'm in therapy...... I know why I'm upset.... my whole life I've been surrounded by motivated people who are smarter than me (I choose friends smarter than I to help me stay motivated). At my job, pretty much all of my coworkers are modestly brilliant. They all think critically. Facts before emotions.

I've never been exposed to this level of stoooopid.

It is appearing that the movie "Idiocracy" is coming true:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

I'm going to leave the internet for a while to cool off.

THE CITIOT

Get help!
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby Citiot on Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:28 pm

OK, I got some help by going outside to enjoy the hot day. Life is good.

Not upset anymore. Going to accept that they are trolls to make the anti-2A gang look dumb. It's the only logical conclusion.

-citiot
Citiot

Postby LePetomane on Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:39 pm

Y
Last edited by LePetomane on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Rodentman on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:07 am

I should have been out there with MY sign:

WHAT DO WE WANT?
TIME TRAVEL
WHEN DO WE WANT IT?
IT'S IRRELEVANT
Rodentman

Postby prushin on Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:14 am

Nope. They're not trolls. The purpose of the protest was to get the grocery chain to post that guns were not allowed in the store.

So these 2 suburbanites really believe that if Mariano's will put up a sign banning guns there will be no chance of a shooting in the store.

So, not trolls...Just pitifully sheltered morons.
prushin

Postby yuppiejr on Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:46 am

Technically if the signs were made of 1/2" AR500 steel they might save lives, they do have a point. :)
yuppiejr

Postby Citiot on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:56 pm

prushin wrote:Nope. They're not trolls. The purpose of the protest was to get the grocery chain to post that guns were not allowed in the store.

So these 2 suburbanites really believe that if Mariano's will put up a sign banning guns there will be no chance of a shooting in the store.

So, not trolls...Just pitifully sheltered morons.

I think you're right.

I like the response from certain companies along the lines of "...we will follow all laws in this matter, and will not put any of our employees at risk by asking someone to disarm..."

Think about it, if a certain mall store has three employees, 2 workers and an assistant manager, with no one over the age of 20, would any corporation require a $9/hr 16 year old to ask someone to disarm?

I'm preaching to the choir here. "You can't fix stupid."
Citiot

Postby 2in2out on Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:44 pm

I like Rodentman's sign better.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby 20mm on Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:17 pm

Rodentman wrote:I should have been out there with MY sign:

WHAT DO WE WANT?
TIME TRAVEL
WHEN DO WE WANT IT?
IT'S IRRELEVANT

It's somewhat relevant as to when you get time travel. Haven't you seen the movie Primer?
"Go 20mm" - Sigfan220
""Real men shoot 20mm." - FJ540
"If I could be reincarnated as a fabric, I would come back as a 38 double-D bra." - Jesse Ventura
20mm

Return to In The News