4 Men Charged in Minneapolis 4th Precinct Shooting

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: 4 Men Charged in Minneapolis 4th Precinct Shooting

Postby BigDog58 on Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:43 pm

LumberZach wrote:
BigDog58 wrote:Just going to throw this out here to see if I get the picture correctly (have not followed the case)

BLM puts on Demonstration March which is exercising their 1st Amendment Rights.

White guys go down to Counter Demonstrate, and exercise their 1st Amendment Rights.

White guys (not the smartest on the block) are attacked, defend themselves and are charged with crime? BLM are not charged for Assault?

I would believe that Discretion would have been warranted by the DumbA$$'s but don't they have the same right to Counter Demonstrate and not be attacked?

As I said, I have not paid much attention to this, so if someone see's me going astray of the issue, by all means enlighten me.

Had that been all there is, I would agree. However, the guy basically made a video and sent countless text messages talking about how he wanted to kill black people. It's hard to disagree with the verdict when he they prove A) he wanted to kill black people B)went to a rally to cause problems C) shot 5 black people.
Self defense is one thing, but having a history of racism turns this whole issue around.

Thanks. If he did as stated, I have to agree that he was served justice. It still doesn't answer the question as to were those that attacked him and his cohorts also charged with criminal assault? We all have the right of free speech and to disagree with one another. However, that right ends, where one person's free speech, prevents another persons free speech. Especially if it turns into violence or physical assault.

I feel that the best thing to do, is to avoid the demonstrations, thereby avoiding confrontations. In some ways, I believe the "demonstrators" are trying to invoke confrontation, and we should do everything within our power, to not assist them in their wishes.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Sorcerer on Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:29 pm

As an agresser , which he was, there is a fine line in being able claim / reclaim self defense. From what I've read and seen in the news the crowd never laid hands on them. From his own stupidity he will never legally own a firearm again. Which is a good thing. His problem now is the black gangs in Stillwater. Shiv or dick.
Sorcerer

Postby LePetomane on Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:02 am

Sorcerer wrote: His problem now is the black gangs in Stillwater. Shiv or dick.

Black gangs in Stillwater??? Seriously? That is the whitest city I have ever been in. I call it "Stillwhiter" because I have never laid eyes on a person of color there.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby xd ED on Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:39 am

LePetomane wrote:

Black gangs in Stillwater??? Seriously? That is the whitest city I have ever been in. I call it "Stillwhiter" because I have never laid eyes on a person of color there.

What it is, homes

Attachments
th.jpg
th.jpg (31.91 KB) Viewed 4185 times
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby JJ on Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:18 am

LePetomane wrote:

I thought you left, never to come back?

I know you have a compilulsive need for attention, but please seek it elsewhere.

Signed,
Everybody
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby photogpat on Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:19 am

JJ wrote:
LePetomane wrote:

I thought you left, never to come back?

I know you have a compilulsive need for attention, but please seek it elsewhere.

Signed,
Everybody

There was a racial element, cue LePetomane to rear up and comment.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby LePetomane on Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:39 am

JJ wrote:I thought you left, never to come back?

I never said I would not return. Every once in a while I need to make an appearance to check on things. I may even do an updated rant if things go well.

WJLP
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby LePetomane on Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:07 pm

photogpat wrote:There was a racial element, cue LePetomane to rear up and comment.

Don't give me this race bit. You liberals always bring up race when you have lost an argument and you need to slander people you don't agree with. That is why you lost this election on all levels because good people are tired of being called racists.
LePetomane

Postby photogpat on Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:09 pm

LePetomane wrote:
photogpat wrote:There was a racial element, cue LePetomane to rear up and comment.

Don't give me this race bit. You liberals always bring up race when you have lost an argument and you need to slander people you don't agree with. That is why you lost this election on all levels because good people are tired of being called racists.

When I see a good person here, I'll be sure not to slander them.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby BigBlue on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:26 pm

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes:

Scarsella 15 years in Prison

Apologies for using a link from the Red Star but it was the quickest one I had.

Though I certainly think lots of bad decisions were made leading up to the issue by this guy and his friends, I think that some of the responsibility should be bourne by the worthless pond scum that were illegally occupying the street, rioting, and were aggressive towards this guy's group. Basically, they should all be punished. But we all know which side will never face any ramifications. Must be nice to be treated specially.

BB
BigBlue

Postby Randygmn on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:11 pm

BigBlue wrote:Play stupid games, win stupid prizes:

Scarsella 15 years in Prison

Apologies for using a link from the Red Star but it was the quickest one I had.

Though I certainly think lots of bad decisions were made leading up to the issue by this guy and his friends, I think that some of the responsibility should be bourne by the worthless pond scum that were illegally occupying the street, rioting, and were aggressive towards this guy's group. Basically, they should all be punished. But we all know which side will never face any ramifications. Must be nice to be treated specially.

BB

That's too bad. I have little regard for the BLM domestic terrorists, BUT- a mandatory tenet of a justified self defense shooting in Minnesota is that you MUST NOT BE A WILLING PARTICIPANT. This moron played an integral part of this terrible scenario, from start to finish.
Randygmn

Postby BigBlue on Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:17 am

Randygmn wrote:That's too bad. I have little regard for the BLM domestic terrorists, BUT- a mandatory tenet of a justified self defense shooting in Minnesota is that you MUST NOT BE A WILLING PARTICIPANT. This moron played an integral part of this terrible scenario, from start to finish.

I'm not sure that you understood my post. I was in no way saying this guy wasn't guilty or that he shouldn't be put in prison. I'm saying so should the rest of the rioters that were equally at fault. The fact that none will face ANY repercussions is the sad, sad commentary on life in America today.

BB
BigBlue

Postby Randygmn on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:30 am

BigBlue wrote:
Randygmn wrote:That's too bad. I have little regard for the BLM domestic terrorists, BUT- a mandatory tenet of a justified self defense shooting in Minnesota is that you MUST NOT BE A WILLING PARTICIPANT. This moron played an integral part of this terrible scenario, from start to finish.

I'm not sure that you understood my post. I was in no way saying this guy wasn't guilty or that he shouldn't be put in prison. I'm saying so should the rest of the rioters that were equally at fault. The fact that none will face ANY repercussions is the sad, sad commentary on life in America today.

BB

I understood. I completely agree. Just too bad this guy bears the cross for all involved.
Randygmn

Previous

Return to In The News