New law in Louisiana-Teaching firearm safety in schools

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

New law in Louisiana-Teaching firearm safety in schools

Postby Chunkychuck on Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:02 am

Louisiana(where I grew up. Caddo Parish (aka Caddo County)is the parish where I lived) is seen to be backward in many things but in this they have moved to forefront as I see it.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/ne ... /80800614/

"Locally, Caddo and Bossier parish school districts use their sheriff's offices as resources and both use Caddo Parish Sheriff's Office Safety Town program to teach gun safety, which includes National Rifle Association curriculum.

House Bill 446 easily passed the Legislature and was signed into law in July."
Chunkychuck

Re: New law in Louisiana-Teaching firearm safety in schools

Postby xd ED on Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:07 am

Yeah, the view that those old boys are backwards is changing with the times:

...uneducated, 125# punk like you who holds his gun sideways.....son, we do dumbbell presses with weights bigger than you...
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Lumpy on Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:33 pm

Finally! But I bet we'll hear of a backlash against "perpetuating the gun culture".
Lumpy

Postby job10 on Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:04 am

One of my daughters, that has her carry permit, lives in Caddo Parish. She told me that Caddo Parish has the highest ratio of permit holders in all of Louisiana.

Back in 1977, when I was in high school down in Iowa - the Iowa DNR came in for a week and taught gun safety to our PE class, boys and girls. We then took a written test and on the last day we went to edge of the school property and everyone that wanted, was allowed to shoot clay pigeons.
job10

Postby Bearcatrp on Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:26 pm

Gun safety should be taught in schools just like sex education is taught. Am sure there would be parents against it as with sex education. Some parents like keeping there kids in the dark.
Bearcatrp

Return to In The News