indian mounds park shooting

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

indian mounds park shooting

Postby yukonjasper on Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:05 pm

One confirmed dead but not much else being released. Will be interesting to see this devolop. Wondering if this is a harbinger of what the summer has in store. We'll see. .......
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Re: indian mounds park shooting

Postby photogpat on Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:13 am

yukonjasper wrote:One confirmed dead but not much else being released. Will be interesting to see this devolop. Wondering if this is a harbinger of what the summer has in store. We'll see. .......

All I heard was "300 people assembled"...and I'm still trying to figure out why.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby Ghost on Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:26 am

http://www.twincities.com/2016/04/17/multiple-victims-in-st-paul-shooting-one-dead/

About 30 minutes after the shooting, a vehicle came to a screeching stop and a woman raced out of the vehicle toward the crime scene tape. She was restrained by officers but later managed to get away and raced under the crime scene tape screaming, “Where is my baby? Where is my baby?”

Police chased her and she collapsed on the ground, wailing. “Why is God punishing me? My baby got accepted to the University of Wisconsin. He was leaving. He was leaving in July.”
Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:06 am

Was this a Hmong celebration? I ask only because the Hmong people are one group that can organize 300 people without much effort. They also have young people involved in gang violence.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:19 am

Seems to me, the above article leaves us with more questions than answers.

We know one man(?) is dead, but we don't know who.
The article headline states multiple people were injured, but nothing in the article about who or how many.
We don't know who, or how many were involved.

Yawn, move along nothing to see here. :roll:
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby xd ED on Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:30 am

yukonjasper wrote:Was this a Hmong celebration? I ask only because the Hmong people are one group that can organize 300 people without much effort. They also have young people involved in gang violence.

I read a rumor that it was a fund raiser for legal expenses; but who knows.
The only people seen on the TV videos were cops and black folks
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby MJY65 on Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:48 am

yukonjasper wrote:Was this a Hmong celebration? I ask only because the Hmong people are one group that can organize 300 people without much effort. They also have young people involved in gang violence.

I suppose it's possible, but the verbiage used by the mother would suggest a different demographic.
MJY65

Postby shooter115 on Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:14 am

300 witnesses, yet "nobody saw nuttin".
shooter115

Postby xd ED on Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:16 am

St. Paul police say they have arrested a suspect in a shooting that killed a man Sunday at Indian Mounds Regional Park.
Twenty-four-year-old Prince Kavanaugh Williams of Minneapolis was arrested on suspicion of murder, police said Monday morning.
Investigators have been working to piece together what led up to the shooting Sunday evening.
http://kstp.com/news/fatal-shooting-indian-mounds-park-st-paul/4108972/?cat=1

PRINCE KAVANAUGH WILLIAMS, d.o.b. 10/18/1991, meets criteria based on a 9 point criteria to be a gang member and a member of the East Side Boys, a criminal gang that meets the statutory definition of a gang in Minn. Stat. 609.229, Subd. 1. Denzel Jamal Jenkins, Markyce McAdory and Khari Adams, d.o.b.05/18/1994, also meet criteria for inclusion as gang members in the East Side Boys.
PRINCE KAVANAUGH WILLIAMS does not have a permit to carry a handgun in public. His possession of the 9mm Daewoo was for the benefit of, at the direction of, in association with, or motivated by involvement with a criminal gang.
http://kstp.com/kstpImages/repository/cs/files/Williams,%20Prince%2010_9_13.pdf
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:10 am

Looks like we have some answers. Although not ideal or acceptable in any form, I prefer to know the actors and why something happened. I would never be involved in that sort of situation or be invited to that kind of gathering, so its less of an overt threat to me personally. If it's true that this was a criminal defense fund fundraiser, Predictable is preventable and if someone can't predict a high likelihood of violence arising out of that gathering so as to avoid that scene, I don't know what to say. Now if it were a random shooting happening at an event you wouldn't expect one to, that unpredictability gets a little scary. I would have been a little surprised if it were a Hmong gathering. My impression is that a higher level of respect for family and un-gang affiliated friends exists in the Hmong community - at least enough to not spray bullets that might strike bystanders.

(Says the White Suburban Corporate Type Guy who grew up on the mean streets of the Iron Range - so my opinion on this subject means bupkus - I did take 5-6 Psychology Courses for a Psych Minor at SCSU and a few of those were deviant psych and criminal psych - so, yeah I'm pretty much an expert.)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:12 am

xd ED wrote:
St. Paul police say they have arrested a suspect in a shooting that killed a man Sunday at Indian Mounds Regional Park.
Twenty-four-year-old Prince Kavanaugh Williams of Minneapolis was arrested on suspicion of murder, police said Monday morning.
Investigators have been working to piece together what led up to the shooting Sunday evening.
http://kstp.com/news/fatal-shooting-indian-mounds-park-st-paul/4108972/?cat=1

From the above article.
The Ramsey County Medical Examiner is working with the St. Paul Police Department to identify the man who was killed.

And in the other article, mama was screaming, "He was going off to collage"!

And people wonder why I refuse to read the newspaper.
Last edited by Rip Van Winkle on Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby photogpat on Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:13 am

yukonjasper wrote:Looks like we have some answers. Although not ideal or acceptable in any form, I prefer to know the actors and why something happened. I would never be involved in that sort of situation or be invited to that kind of gathering, so its less of an overt threat to me personally. If it's true that this was a criminal defense fund fundraiser, Predictable is preventable and if someone can't predict a high likelihood of violence arising out of that gathering so as to avoid that scene, I don't know what to say. Now if it were a random shooting happening at an event you wouldn't expect one to, that unpredictability gets a little scary. I would have been a little surprised if it were a Hmong gathering. My impression is that a higher level of respect for family and un-gang affiliated friends exists in the Hmong community - at least enough to not spray bullets that might strike bystanders.

(Says the White Suburban Corporate Type Guy who grew up on the mean streets of the Iron Range - so my opinion on this subject means bupkus - I did take 5-6 Psychology Courses for a Psych Minor at SCSU and a few of those were deviant psych and criminal psych - so, yeah I'm pretty much an expert.)

Not a Hmong gathering...BBQ fundraiser to raise money for medical expenses by a different social group of people seems to be the consensus now...
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:02 am

Thanks Pat. Too much coffee this morning, I'll let the media catch up instead of hypothesizing. Another mystery is the Lino Lakes "Rodeo" brawl - there appears to be more to that story as well..............................
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby mmcnx2 on Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:21 am

Appears he may have been 'know' to law enforcement.

http://kstp.com/kstpImages/repository/c ... 0_9_13.pdf
mmcnx2

Postby Lumpy on Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:57 pm

[sarcasm]In response, a buy-back program was announced to get guns off the streets.[/sarcasm]
Lumpy

Return to In The News