PBS right now

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

PBS right now

Postby Kelor on Tue May 10, 2016 7:55 pm

They have a show on regarding the scary gun. I'm in St. Cloud, so don't know if it's the same in the twin cities.

The show is called Faith and Guns.

Now they are saying that God does not advocate guns. This is absolutely ridiculous.
Kelor

Re: PBS right now

Postby Ghost on Tue May 10, 2016 8:02 pm

Armoroflight is on now in the cities

meet two Christians - an evangelical anti-abortion activist and an African-American mother whose son was murdered - who find common ground in the fight against the rising tide of gun violence
Last edited by Ghost on Tue May 10, 2016 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost

Postby silvor on Tue May 10, 2016 8:04 pm

Turned it off when he said "my weapon of choice is love"
silvor

Postby Ghost on Tue May 10, 2016 8:10 pm

In response to the rising tide I mentioned above

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/08/us/study-gun-homicide/
Study: Gun homicides, violence down sharply in past 20 years

Yes, I quoted CNN
Ghost

Postby Kelor on Tue May 10, 2016 8:18 pm

This is tough to watch, but worth watching.

These people are the same people that hate freedoms.
Kelor

Postby Kelor on Tue May 10, 2016 8:22 pm

Some nut case melted down an ak47 and turned it into a hoe. The moderator said it's also very scary looking.
Kelor

Postby Ghost on Tue May 10, 2016 8:26 pm

Kelor wrote:Some nut case melted down an ak47 and turned it into a hoe. The moderator said it's also very scary looking.

Well a guy built an AK from a shovel so it all evens out in the end.
Ghost

Postby 2in2out on Tue May 10, 2016 8:42 pm

I thought you were talking about this:

Independent Lens - Armed in America
Tune-in for a special two night event examining gun violence in the United States. Watch two new documentaries - Peace Officer and The Armor of Light - each followed by special town hall discussions hosted by NPR's Michel Martin.

Peace Officer
Follow one man's crusade to examine the effects of a militarized police force. William "Dub" Lawrence was a former sheriff who established and trained one of Utah's first SWAT teams, only to watch in horror as that same unit killed his son-in-law in a controversial standoff years later.
Monday, May 9, 8 p.m.

Armor of Light
Follow the journey of Evangelical minister Rob Schenck, who is trying to find the courage to preach about the growing toll of gun violence in America, and Lucy McBath, the mother of an unarmed teenager who was murdered in Florida and whose story cast a spotlight on the state's "Stand Your Ground" laws.
Tuesday, May 10, 7 p.m.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby Ghost on Tue May 10, 2016 9:00 pm

2in2out wrote:I thought you were talking about this:

Independent Lens - Armed in America
Tune-in for a special two night event examining gun violence in the United States. Watch two new documentaries - Peace Officer and The Armor of Light - each followed by special town hall discussions hosted by NPR's Michel Martin.

Peace Officer
Follow one man's crusade to examine the effects of a militarized police force. William "Dub" Lawrence was a former sheriff who established and trained one of Utah's first SWAT teams, only to watch in horror as that same unit killed his son-in-law in a controversial standoff years later.
Monday, May 9, 8 p.m.

Armor of Light
Follow the journey of Evangelical minister Rob Schenck, who is trying to find the courage to preach about the growing toll of gun violence in America, and Lucy McBath, the mother of an unarmed teenager who was murdered in Florida and whose story cast a spotlight on the state's "Stand Your Ground" laws.
Tuesday, May 10, 7 p.m.

Armor of light is the one I started to watch
Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Tue May 10, 2016 10:30 pm

The propaganda machine is busy changing attitudes. They will frame the debate and they will win the same way they always do.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby photogpat on Wed May 11, 2016 6:29 am

yukonjasper wrote:The propaganda machine is busy changing attitudes. They will frame the debate and they will win the same way they always do.

^This....don't doubt for a second that Bloomberg's machine funded this....
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby yukonjasper on Wed May 11, 2016 11:05 am

The Anti's put together PBS specials and conjure news pieces and the Pro Gun Crowd has to deal with AK 47 boy in St Cloud. Perception is reality in the world of public opinion. Start thinking about how best to craft a unified message that shows your side in the best light possible.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

PBS right now

Postby xd ED on Wed May 11, 2016 11:37 am

yukonjasper wrote:The Anti's put together PBS specials and conjure news pieces and the Pro Gun Crowd has to deal with AK 47 boy in St Cloud. Perception is reality in the world of public opinion. Start thinking about how best to craft a unified message that shows your side in the best light possible.

I try to wear my cleanest 'Kill-em-all--let God-sort-em-out' t shirt under my tacticool vest when open carrying my AR in Starbucks. ...get a lot of compliments about the nobility of standing up for my rights...

Seems to be a good counter to the PBS BS.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby photogpat on Wed May 11, 2016 11:58 am

xd ED wrote:I try to wear my cleanest 'Kill-em-all--let God-sort-em-out' t shirt under my tacticool vest when open carrying my AR in Starbucks. ...get a lot of compliments about the nobility of standing up for my rights...

Seems to be a good counter to the PBS BS.

Could you wear your Brady Campaign T-Shirt instead when you do this?
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby Dante on Thu May 12, 2016 9:31 am

I watched most of "Armor of Light" and thought it was interesting and worth watching.
Dante

Next

Return to In The News