Dead and wounded in Orlando

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Dead and wounded in Orlando

Postby Ghost on Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:38 pm

yukonjasper wrote:I am missing the point of the exercise? Is the point to then open the police force to lawsuits? You should ask yourself why you have such a hatred and mistrust of law enforcement.

In Sandy Hook they released a lot more info than I expected. I'd expect the same kind of info, doubt they hide it if they find out some rounds were from police. I'm not trying to point the finger at police, it happens they needed to end the threat and it may not have been easy.
Ghost

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:57 pm

How does one tell if a bullet, which penetrated all the way through a body, was fired by police or goblin?
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby darthdahl on Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:03 pm

Snakeman721 wrote:Still doesn't answer my question about friendly fire. When the cops went in, the barrage of gunfire was overwhelming. I doubt all bullets hit their target. Just wondering if any friendly fire hit the hostages/victims? My guess is we'll never know OR if known, we'll never be told about it.

I was surprised to see the media asking the same question...
http://usat.ly/28BCmND
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
All-Around Good Guy
darthdahl

Postby Ghost on Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:53 pm

Rip Van Winkle wrote:How does one tell if a bullet, which penetrated all the way through a body, was fired by police or goblin?

If a bullet is recovered from somewhere, DNA on the bullet matched to victim then bullet matched to a gun. Again, I don't know the depth they would investigate something like this.
Ghost

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:44 pm

Ghost wrote:
yukonjasper wrote:I am missing the point of the exercise? Is the point to then open the police force to lawsuits? You should ask yourself why you have such a hatred and mistrust of law enforcement.

In Sandy Hook they released a lot more info than I expected. I'd expect the same kind of info, doubt they hide it if they find out some rounds were from police. I'm not trying to point the finger at police, it happens they needed to end the threat and it may not have been easy.

I watched the news while sandy hook unfolded. I watched the 1st report on rifle used. It was not a AR15. The second report stated it was a AR15. Wish I would have recorded all of it. The truth is never fully disclosed as far as I am concerned. IF they did find out some folks died in Orlando, it would be covered up. My 1 cent worth.
Bearcatrp

Postby Geezer43 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:17 am

I kept the link to one of the news reports from the Today Show after Sandy Hook.
There was another video at the time that stated unconditionally that an AR15 was NOT used in that shooting.
Don't seem to be able to find that video or link at this time.

Here is a link to the Today Show video stating that he had left the AR15 in the trunk of his car, and that handguns were used in the shooting.
Later the Coroner claimed that the autopsies indicated that the victims were shot with an AR15, so the media and the liberals all jumped on that.

http://www.today.com/video/today/50208495#50208495
"Thank God for guns, huh Jerry?" -- William Shatner on Boston Legal
"I'm a Politician, which means that I'm a cheat and a liar. When I'm not kissing babies, I'm stealing their lollipops." -- Red October
Geezer43

Postby photogpat on Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:52 am

Rip Van Winkle wrote:How does one tell if a bullet, which penetrated all the way through a body, was fired by police or goblin?

Police in this case all would likely have the same type of bullet or duty round -- shooter would likely have had something different.

55gr FMJ vs. 62gr bonded SP for example are easy to tell apart.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby Snakeman721 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:07 pm

Yes, you are. I'm not bashing the police...they did what they thought was best. What I AM bashing is any potential cover up by the media that says that ALL the victims were shot by the perp. I'm bashing the media, Congress and the POTUS as they are using this to further their gun confiscation plan.
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby Snakeman721 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:07 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Don't think they would autopsy all to find out some dead where from cops. They would hide that. Government only wants to point out the evil black rifle is the culprit and ban them along with all semi auto weapons. 1st thing that needs fixed is the background check system. The scum bag should have been on there. As far as I am concerned, this one is on the government!

This^^^^^^^^^^^ :iagree:
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby Snakeman721 on Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:18 pm

Geezer43 wrote:I kept the link to one of the news reports from the Today Show after Sandy Hook.
There was another video at the time that stated unconditionally that an AR15 was NOT used in that shooting.
Don't seem to be able to find that video or link at this time.

Here is a link to the Today Show video stating that he had left the AR15 in the trunk of his car, and that handguns were used in the shooting.
Later the Coroner claimed that the autopsies indicated that the victims were shot with an AR15, so the media and the liberals all jumped on that.

http://www.today.com/video/today/50208495#50208495

Not to derail my own thread, but I saw a "tin foil hat" video that Sandy Hook was all a hoax and I have to admit, compared to all the other mass shootings, Sandy Hook looked like a DRY RUN EXERCISE. Ask yourself this....the kids evacuating the school, only saw 40-50 when the enrollment is over 400. The school was supposed to be closed due to asbestos problems. Amazing that there were NO wounded....all were dead. Father smiling and joking off camera just before he gave a stern faced interview about his loss. Zero photos of any bodies either on scene or at hospital or morgue. My opinion...it was Obama's plot to enact anti gun legislation with the newly elected Congress and it was all staged. Google the video...watch for yourself and draw your own conclusions compared to the very real massacre in Orlando.
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby SparkyJeff on Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:32 am

tenmilmag wrote:In today's world, we all know what's going on out there, if you are not prepared, it's your own fault.
Where were the CC patrons???

I don't think carry is allowed in places that serve alcohol in FL
A fight for liberty somewhere, is a fight for liberty everywhere.
SparkyJeff

Postby tenmilmag on Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:58 am

SparkyJeff wrote:
tenmilmag wrote:In today's world, we all know what's going on out there, if you are not prepared, it's your own fault.
Where were the CC patrons???

I don't think carry is allowed in places that serve alcohol in FL

Apparently this is the case. Sad :cry:
tenmilmag

Postby wasfuzz on Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:52 am

sprigfan wrote:
xd ED wrote:From what I read, they waited to take the guy because they were gathering intelligence from people/ hostages inside, and there was a fear of IEDs, second shooters...they say they went when they did, before sunrise, while it was still dark.

Sounds like a lame excuse to me.

Ah here were go - Monday morning quarterback at its finest! All based on info provided by an unbiased media!!! :evil:
ONE* Training LLC - Mapleton, MN
Offering Training in;
NRA Basic Pistol
MN DPS/ BCA Approved Conceal Carry
WI,IA Conceal Carry
NRA LE Firearms Instructor & LEO HR 218 Training
MN DNR Hunter Safety
ASP Expandable Baton
wasfuzz

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:39 pm

Snakeman721 wrote:

Yes, you are. I'm not bashing the police...they did what they thought was best. What I AM bashing is any potential cover up by the media that says that ALL the victims were shot by the perp. I'm bashing the media, Congress and the POTUS as they are using this to further their gun confiscation plan.

Soooo, what I think you are saying is that in order to further the anti gun agenda, Police and SWAT teams shot additional victims to up the body count to make it look really really bad that some crazy guy used an AR to kill people..............and that the Media, Congress and the President are complicit, at least, but more than likely are calling the shots (pun partially intended) to make sure the agenda to take away your guns is properly punctuated with maximum carnage. 49 dead is waaaaayyyy more effective propaganda than 20 or 28 or 35 dead. And as long as its "those people" the Law Enforcement people on site would be OK upping the kill count with excessive round counts or delaying action because they all think alike and follow orders. Just want to understand your point.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Ghost on Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:41 pm

yukonjasper wrote:
Snakeman721 wrote:

Soooo, what I think you are saying is that in order to further the anti gun agenda, Police and SWAT teams shot additional victims to up the body count to make it look really really bad that some crazy guy used an AR to kill people..............and that the Media, Congress and the President are complicit, at least, but more than likely are calling the shots (pun partially intended) to make sure the agenda to take away your guns is properly punctuated with maximum carnage. 49 dead is waaaaayyyy more effective propaganda than 20 or 28 or 35 dead. And as long as its "those people" the Law Enforcement people on site would be OK upping the kill count with excessive round counts or delaying action because they all think alike and follow orders. Just want to understand your point.

Ghost

PreviousNext

Return to In The News