Evolving, apparenly officer involved shooting

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Evolving, apparenly officer involved shooting

Postby goosed on Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:48 pm

AutomaticAron wrote:
goosed wrote:Fox9 reported the victim in this case has previously plead guilty to 31 separate moving violations. Yet, he was still driving around with a broken taillight. Interesting...

Still has NOTHING to do with his death.

Ghost wrote:Still no reason to get ventilated, waiting on the rest of the story though

May or may not have anything to do with anything... we won't know until the facts unfold further.

It does beg the question, in my mind at least, how one gets fined that many times, but still doesn't get the hint? ... unless one enjoys trouble/conflict with police?
goosed

Postby goett047 on Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:58 pm

goosed wrote:
AutomaticAron wrote:
goosed wrote:Fox9 reported the victim in this case has previously plead guilty to 31 separate moving violations. Yet, he was still driving around with a broken taillight. Interesting...

Ghost wrote:Still no reason to get ventilated, waiting on the rest of the story though

May or may not have anything to do with anything... we won't know until the facts unfold further.

It does beg the question, in my mind at least, how one gets fined that many times, but still doesn't get the hint? ... unless one enjoys trouble/conflict with police?

Or is it evidence of the cops harassing people of color?
goett047

Postby Ghost on Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:24 pm

captnviper wrote:https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/07/08/confirmed-philando-castile-was-an-armed-robbery-suspect-false-media-narrative-now-driving-cop-killings/
Looks like more than a nose, but not the same guy. Just explains the cop being all trigger happy I guess.Also says he didnt have a ptc.

Having a gun on his lap or under his leg and not in a holster does cause some issues for the police officer who stops to talk to him. Especially if he tries to reach his ID.
Ghost

Postby AutomaticAron on Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:35 pm

goosed wrote:
AutomaticAron wrote:

And you truly don't believe you're grasping at straws looking for a reason to justify the officers decision to fire his weapon into a car with a toddler in the back seat? Really? You're entitled to your opinion but cmon.
"The best tactical add-on is 10,000 rounds of practice ammo" -Hickok45
AutomaticAron

Postby AutomaticAron on Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:37 pm

A traffic violation could be a parking ticket. I highly doubt that it's indicative of a desire to confront or create conflict with law enforcement.
AutomaticAron

Postby goosed on Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:03 pm

goett047 wrote:Or is it evidence of the cops harassing people of color?

Harassing? ... it's possible, but it's also possible the media is trying to sell you on hatred/division... Hate and sex are always big sellers... not that the media would ever try to push a certain side of a story or agenda for that matter that furthers their ideals and/or ratings... or would they?

He was found and/or plead guilty how many times? Could be possible the cops were just doing their jobs and enforcing the laws?

AutomaticAronA wrote: And you truly don't believe you're grasping at straws looking for a reason to justify the officers decision to fire his weapon into a car with a toddler in the back seat? Really? You're entitled to your opinion but cmon.

Clearly you've made up your mind, but for me there are still too many details unknown at this point for me to draw clear cut conclusions yet... clearly I'm not as smart as you or Dayton who know all the answers right away
goosed

Postby AutomaticAron on Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:17 pm

AutomaticAronA wrote: And you truly don't believe you're grasping at straws looking for a reason to justify the officers decision to fire his weapon into a car with a toddler in the back seat? Really? You're entitled to your opinion but cmon.

Clearly you've made up your mind, but for me there are still too many details unknown at this point for me to draw clear cut conclusions yet... clearly I'm not as smart as you or Dayton who know all the answers right away[/quote]

You're waiting for the details before you can say that it was was a bad, senseless shoot, yet you're comfortable enough drawing the conclusion that he had enough traffic violations to paint a picture of him as a person who looks for conflict with LEOs. Good to see everyone getting the same benefit of the doubt. But we obviously both have our biases. Good night.
AutomaticAron

Postby atomic41 on Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:36 pm

Well it sure as hell looks like the same guy that robbed that store with possibly the same gun:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/20 ... -killings/

The Ramsey Co Sheriffs Dept confirmed that they did not issue him a PTC. Is this guy still "one of our own"? with "no criminal background"? LOL

The girlfriend is changing her story like crazy.
atomic41

Postby Nougat on Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:59 pm

is this where I say I find it mind boggling that she somehow waited to record until... either that or if thats what happened to the guy how'd she manage to get her phone or whatever?!! oh hey officer that just shot the guy next to me.. I just gotta grab this? especially with him yelling keep your hands''' in the video?
Nougat

Postby AutomaticAron on Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:21 am

atomic41 wrote:Well it sure as hell looks like the same guy that robbed that store with possibly the same gun:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/20 ... -killings/

The Ramsey Co Sheriffs Dept confirmed that they did not issue him a PTC. Is this guy still "one of our own"? with "no criminal background"? LOL

The girlfriend is changing her story like crazy.

I hate to be the guy who has to say it, but all black people don't look the same. They are clearly just not the same person. Phil's hair would not fit under a baseball cap. Dreads on dreads on dreads and nothing shoulder length about them. I know this because I saw him damn near every morning for two school years when he served my daughter breakfast and lunch at JJ Hill. The amount of facial hair he had compared to the man in the video is an amount he could not have grown in the days separating that robbery from the day he was killed.

And if that tweet from Ramsey County were so concrete, why has it been deleted from their twitter account? And why has that MAJOR fact not been reported by ANY credible news outlet other than theconservativetreehouse.com?

Star Trib reports that he was issued one in Robbinsdale. Does that conflicting report mean anything? Are they any more or less credible than the source you cited?

Regardless, time will tell.
AutomaticAron

Postby Norsesmithy on Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:03 am

captnviper wrote:
goett047 wrote:
captnviper wrote:https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/07/08/confirmed-philando-castile-was-an-armed-robbery-suspect-false-media-narrative-now-driving-cop-killings/
Looks like more than a nose. Also says he didnt have a ptc.

I'll wait for a legit news outlet.

LOL you will be waiting forever on that front.

Mostly because that is ******** hearsay from a website that is as reputable, and has as much of an axe to grind in it's reporting, as Gawker.

That article is either bootlicking trash written by someone reaching like a spider monkey to prove that cops can do no wrong, or racist garbage meant to assassinate the character of a shooting victim.

Take your pick.
Norsesmithy

Postby captnviper on Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:43 am

I'll wait for a legit news outlet.[/quote]
LOL you will be waiting forever on that front.[/quote]
Mostly because that is ******** hearsay from a website that is as reputable, and has as much of an axe to grind in it's reporting, as Gawker.

That article is either bootlicking trash written by someone reaching like a spider monkey to prove that cops can do no wrong, or racist garbage meant to assassinate the character of a shooting victim.

Take your pick.[/quote]
I agree it's not him, however there are more similarities than a nose. As far as websites go journalism is dead in this country and I only gleaned a few minor tidbits from this particular one, there was also a link to the sheriffs Twitter stating they did not issue a ptc witch could just mean he wasn't living in the county at the time he received it. I just hope we don't get bamboozled by our leaders or media and all facts are brought to light and justice prevails.
"It's better to have a gun and need it then not have one and not need it" Ricky.
captnviper

Postby BigBlue on Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:58 am

goosed wrote:It does beg the question, in my mind at least, how one gets fined that many times, but still doesn't get the hint? ... unless one enjoys trouble/conflict with police?

Some people don't respect authority. They enjoy thumbing their nose at 'the man' and breaking laws they don't agree with. They might not be looking for conflict with police but they also don't really try to avoid it. There are also people who don't have any issue with ignoring consequences (such as fines) because they don't care whether they are conforming to society's requirements or not (i.e. if they lost their license because they didn't pay all their speeding tickets or lost their insurance they would be fine driving without either). Certain segments of society seem more prone to those concepts than others. I'm not saying this is what happened here because I don't know the facts, but I do know these general things happen. So I speculate...
BigBlue

Postby Bearcatrp on Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:07 am

Just noticed something. He was a passenger in the car. Why was he getting his license out?
Bearcatrp

Postby Ghost on Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:19 am

Bearcatrp wrote:Just noticed something. He was a passenger in the car. Why was he getting his license out?

He was the driver, the phone reversed the picture.
Ghost

PreviousNext

Return to In The News