And again....and again.....another shooting (Germany)

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby Snakeman721 on Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:39 pm

Here we go again. This is becoming a weekly thing. Another shooting at a mall in Munich Germany. The story just broke and is ongoing, so details are sketchy at best right now. So, an axe and knife attacter on a train a few days ago and now this...in a country with STRICK gun control laws. Wow, good thing they let in those million UNvetted refugees...you know, the peaceful ones just looking for a new life......right. :stirthepot:
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Re: And again....and again.....another shooting (Germany)

Postby harryset on Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:18 pm

Surely you're mistaken. . . .You know these things only happen in America.
stercus accidit
It's not the LAWS you necessarily have to worry about, it's how the laws are regulated.

Send Me
harryset

Postby Nougat on Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:44 pm

becoming a weekly thing? its a daily thing and HAS been. ;)

violence and mayhem aren't anything new...there could be just as many disgusting stories put up about any 'race' everyday
Nougat

Postby Lumpy on Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:17 pm

Is it wrong of me that when I first saw the headline "Mall Shooting", I prayed "please let this be outside the US", and was relieved when it was?
Lumpy

Postby Snakeman721 on Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:24 pm

Latest news say he used a Glock handgun with the serial number filed off. So......how does an 18 year old mentaly disturbed kid obtain a handgun in a country with very strict gun laws? I wonder...... :cogitating: I also see that the MSM is ignoring that fact on how he obtained the gun.
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby Ghost on Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:30 pm

Snakeman721 wrote:Latest news say he used a Glock handgun with the serial number filed off. So......how does an 18 year old mentaly disturbed kid obtain a handgun in a country with very strict gun laws? I wonder...... :cogitating: I also see that the MSM is ignoring that fact on how he obtained the gun.

Illegally, he said he bought it.
Ghost

Postby Snakeman721 on Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:30 am

Ghost wrote:
Snakeman721 wrote:Latest news say he used a Glock handgun with the serial number filed off. So......how does an 18 year old mentaly disturbed kid obtain a handgun in a country with very strict gun laws? I wonder...... :cogitating: I also see that the MSM is ignoring that fact on how he obtained the gun.

Well yeah, I assumed it was obtained illegally. Just wondering how easy is it to obtain that illegal gun in the anti gun state of Germany? Something to throw at the anti gunners here....that gun control does NOT work, even in strick places like Germany. Not that any of them will listen, but hey...any "ammo" we can get is good.
Get off my lawn!
Snakeman721

Postby Pat on Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:13 am

I used to live in Munich. Called all my friends; everybody's OK.

There is a bit of rigamarole to go through, but you can legally purchase a pistol or long gun in Bavaria. The Free State of Bavaria is a semiautonomous region in Germany, with their own police, etc.
"Happiness is...finding two olives in your martini when you're hungry." -Johnny Carson
Cardinal Kung Foundation , The Rule of Saint Benedict
Pat

Postby PhilaBOR on Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:34 pm

Snakeman721 wrote:
Ghost wrote:

Well yeah, I assumed it was obtained illegally. Just wondering how easy is it to obtain that illegal gun in the anti gun state of Germany? Something to throw at the anti gunners here....that gun control does NOT work, even in strick places like Germany. Not that any of them will listen, but hey...any "ammo" we can get is good.

Easier than getting a book.
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations..."
PhilaBOR

Postby jdege on Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:56 pm

http://www.wsj.com/articles/munich-shooter-bought-recommissioned-pistol-on-dark-net-1469366686

Munich Shooter Likely Bought Reactivated Pistol on Dark Net

New details come as man kills woman with machete in another German attack
By RUTH BENDER in Berlin and CHRISTOPHER ALESSI in Munich
Updated July 24, 2016 4:23 p.m. ET

The gunman who killed nine people in Friday’s Munich shooting rampage appears to have bought his gun illegally on the internet and planned the attack for at least a year, investigators said on Sunday.

jdege

Postby Lumpy on Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:39 pm

Snakeman721 wrote:[ Just wondering how easy is it to obtain that illegal gun in the anti gun state of Germany? Something to throw at the anti gunners here....that gun control does NOT work, even in strick places like Germany. Not that any of them will listen, but hey...any "ammo" we can get is good.

From my reading of Wikipedia's article "Gun Legislation in Germany", guns themselves aren't that heavily restricted, just that their ownership is VERY heavily regulated. Basically, if you have a clean record and are willing to be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed and numbered, you can get a gun.
Lumpy

Postby Nougat on Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:32 pm

suicide bomber there today with I think a few others between...see I told you ? it wasn't just weekly :(
Nougat

Postby INOR on Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:04 pm

Article in the tribune acknowledging that even Germany's strict gun laws didn't prevent this. http://www.startribune.com/world/388082512.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Postby INOR on Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:37 am

I was surprised to see that the strib put that article on the front page online yesterday, even if only for a brief period of time. Figured that would have been buried. It's interesting...it speaks to the fact that more gun laws don't prevent bad people from doing bad things and also speaks to issues around border security.
INOR

Postby Bearcatrp on Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:50 pm

Hopefully Germany and the rest of the world will get a clue about bringing in illegals and keep them in there own country. Sooner or later they will start deporting all of them. But the bitch running for president want to bring in hundreds of thousand more Syrians if she gets elected. More crap like whats happening in germany and other countries will happen here if hey don't stop bringing in more refugees.
Bearcatrp

Next

Return to In The News