St. Cloud Mall stabbing

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: St. Cloud Mall stabbing

Postby LarryP on Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:16 pm

No permit holders involved?
LarryP

Postby LarryFlew on Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:08 pm

LePetomane wrote:Now I am done. :x :x

are you the one that calls almost daily with my "final notice" for better credit?
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby gman1868 on Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:41 pm

As forwarded by https://www.facebook.com/onedefensellc CNN reports "ISIS wings claims responsibility..." : http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/18/us/minnesota-mall-stabbing/
Living the Armed Lifestyle
gman1868

Postby Scratch on Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:41 pm

It's sad that innocent people were hurt, and that ISIS is now close to home, but it's refreshing to hear that the bad guy still attacked people without the use of a firearm... Meaning that if they can't get guns, they'll still attack us.
And that the only thing that stopped the attack, without any further injuries, was a good guy with a gun.

I hope everyone is ok. I hear one person still has life threatening injuries...
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby Erud on Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:35 am

LePetomane wrote:I thought I was done but I cannot let this one go. You guys and girls think I am nuts for leaving your little paradise. Well I can go shopping here and not worry about getting stabbed by some muslim terrorist. I can't wait to hear the first words out of your governor's mouth, "Let's not rush to judgement about muslims" or something of the like. Then he will scold all who oppose bringing refugees into Minnesota and say that if they don't like it they can leave.
Now I am done. :x :x

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........
Erud

Postby MNIceMan on Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:53 am

LePetomane wrote:I thought I was done but I cannot let this one go. You guys and girls think I am nuts for leaving your little paradise. Well I can go shopping here and not worry about getting stabbed by some muslim terrorist. I can't wait to hear the first words out of your governor's mouth, "Let's not rush to judgement about muslims" or something of the like. Then he will scold all who oppose bringing refugees into Minnesota and say that if they don't like it they can leave.
Now I am done. :x :x

Idaho does have it's immigrant problems. Maybe you should stoke up the grill for that fresh crow.
MN DNR FAS Instructor
NRA Life Member
"We all have our own Green Mile to walk. How will yours be?"
MNIceMan

Postby harryset on Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:59 am

LarryP wrote:No permit holders involved?

Reportedly: Off duty cop. CC holder and instructor.
stercus accidit
It's not the LAWS you necessarily have to worry about, it's how the laws are regulated.

Send Me
harryset

Postby xd ED on Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:18 am

Off-duty officer who killed mall attacker is firearms trainer, marksman - StarTribune.com
The off-duty police officer who confronted and fatally shot the man suspected of stabbing nine people in a St. Cloud mall was roundly praised for split-second heroics that likely saved others from harm.

As a onetime police chief early this decade in nearby Albany, Jason F. Falconer was careful Sunday afternoon not to impede the nascent investigation into the attack Saturday night at Crossroads Center, violence that federal authorities are treating as a potential act of terrorism.

“I’ve been trying to stay away from it all, for the time being,” said Falconer, a medal-winning marksman who operates a firearms training business in neighboring Waite Park.

Falconer said he was unharmed during the confrontation, but he had no further comment.

St. Cloud Mayor Dave Kleis said at a news conference Sunday that Falconer’s “life was clearly in danger” during what had been an uneventful shopping trip for the part-time officer in Avon, Minn.

Kleis said video from inside the mall shows Falconer shooting once and the attacker falling and getting back up three times. At another point, the man lunges toward the officer with a knife.

“Officer Falconer was there at the right time and the right place,” Kleis said. That place, where the assailant died, was inside Macy’s.

St. Cloud Police Chief William Anderson said “this could have been much, much worse” if not for Falconer’s “swift and direct” response to the chaos.

Along with being president and owner of Tactical Advantage and Tactical Advantage Firearms Training, the 43-year-old Falconer’s professional bio notes that he has assisted St. Cloud State University with law enforcement training “in the disciplines of decision shooting and dynamic entry” in realistic situations. He says his training is also beneficial for “responsible citizens” who might find themselves in life-threatening peril.

Falconer, who lives just outside of St. Cloud, was a multi-medal recipient in 2012 when St. Cloud hosted the Can-Am Police-Fire Games....

:bravo: :thankyou: :cheers:
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby igofast on Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:44 am

The article released this morning seems to have the most accurate account:

http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/local/2016/09/17/reports-several-hurt-crossroads-center-incident/90607870/

What caught my attention is this mentality from the article:

"I saw this security guard sprinting down the hallway toward Target," Weires said. "He was yelling, 'Call the cops! Call the cops!' "

Weires said she and her friends followed the guard because they thought maybe there was a shoplifter or a kidnapping.

Wow... just... wow...
igofast

Postby Citiot on Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:54 am

harryset wrote:
LarryP wrote:No permit holders involved?

Reportedly: Off duty cop. CC holder and instructor.

I believe police (aka civilians employed in law enforcement) don't need to get permits to carry, and can carry in any state.

Retired police (civilians formerly employed in law enforcement) can also carry without getting a permit to carry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_Enfor ... Safety_Act

Other non-police civilians need to get permits to exercise their God given rights (except for constitutional carry states).

Yes, this is a bit of a grumpy comment, and the off duty police officer is a hero, but we all know the Animal Farm quote.
Citiot

Postby Ghost on Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:02 am

igofast wrote:The article released this morning seems to have the most accurate account:

http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/local/2016/09/17/reports-several-hurt-crossroads-center-incident/90607870/

What caught my attention is this mentality from the article:

"I saw this security guard sprinting down the hallway toward Target," Weires said. "He was yelling, 'Call the cops! Call the cops!' "

Weires said she and her friends followed the guard because they thought maybe there was a shoplifter or a kidnapping.

Wow... just... wow...

I assume this security officer was not the knifer and was a real security guard who is worthless as he isn't allowed to use tools that would allow him to do his job?

A side note, I stopped at the Eagan Outlet mall on Saturday night and on my way back to my car there were Muslims in the parking lot on prayer rugs praying, I hadn't seen this before. They were praying towards the airport. I thought east was the correct direction?

I guess I had a cousin in the St Cloud mall on Saturday. Got put in lockdown at BWW but made it out all right.
Ghost

Postby LePetomane on Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:14 am

Citiot wrote:Yes, this is a bit of a grumpy comment, and the off duty police officer is a hero, but we all know the Animal Farm quote.

Tell us the quote and maybe I will leave.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Ghost on Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:16 am

LePetomane wrote:
Citiot wrote:Yes, this is a bit of a grumpy comment, and the off duty police officer is a hero, but we all know the Animal Farm quote.

Animal Farm by George Orwell. “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”
Ghost

Postby Citiot on Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:18 am

LePetomane wrote:

<smile>,

Ghost beat me to it.
Citiot

Postby Citiot on Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:23 am

A side note, I stopped at the Eagan Outlet mall on Saturday night and on my way back to my car there were Muslims in the parking lot on prayer rugs praying, I hadn't seen this before. They were praying towards the airport. I thought east was the correct direction?

This shows the "great circle" direction to Mecca. Around here it is NE.

http://qib.la/
Citiot

PreviousNext

Return to In The News