Glock 45??? Colt 45? Malt Liquer?

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Glock 45??? Colt 45? Malt Liquer?

Postby John S. on Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:23 pm

So, on CBS news tonite Scott Pelly said the AL church shooter had a Glock 45. Did some searching, and there doesn't seem to be a "Glock 45"/ I see a bunch of Glock .45 ACPPPP but pretty sure the ffff'd up way Glock numbers shtuff, that is a 23, 31, or some off the wall number system, but, IS THERE A GLOCK 45 same as GLOCK 19, which is a 9mm? Doubt it! As usual, the media talks guns calling a .45 ACP a "Glock 26" isn't as scary as a "Glock 45," which prolly doesn't exist???

Hell,a Glock 45 is prolly a .22 short......................that's kind of how clear Glock makes it....lmao :lol:
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian
John S.

Re: Glock 45??? Colt 45? Malt Liquer?

Postby EAJuggalo on Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:35 pm

There is or at least was a .45 Glock Auto Pistol caliber that was made in Models G37, G38 and G39.
I think the Glock numbering system is perfectly clear, they number the products as they make them. The original Glock, the G17 was the 17th product made my the Glock Manufacturing Company. Seems much clearer than say the Taurus or S&W numbering systems.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not". - Thomas Jefferson
EAJuggalo

Postby Rodentman on Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:41 pm

I might say I have an S&W 44 rather than a 29. I'd say 29 here but perhaps not in general conversation. I think it's pretty obvious that they meant a 45 caliber Glock. The huddled masses wouldn't understand a model number.
Rodentman

Postby hammAR on Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:03 pm

Rodentman wrote:I might say I have an S&W 44 rather than a 29. I'd say 29 here but perhaps not in general conversation. I think it's pretty obvious that they meant a 45 caliber Glock. The huddled masses wouldn't understand a model number.

Neither would almost any low speed-high drag reporter/journalist/propagandist.............. :shock:
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby Ironbear on Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:41 pm

hammAR wrote:Neither would almost any low speed-high drag reporter/journalist/propagandist.............. :shock:

I thought they were all "on-speed, in-drag"
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:51 pm

Ironbear wrote:
hammAR wrote:Neither would almost any low speed-high drag reporter/journalist/propagandist.............. :shock:

I thought they were all "on-speed, in-drag"

Nope, you no longer are allowed to drag them at speed anymore.
Holland&Holland

Postby Rodentman on Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:04 am

I watch a whole episode of Ru Paul's "Drag Race" before I realized there was no car racing involved. I thought something was missing.
Rodentman

Postby JJ on Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:38 am

Have we turned into the persnickety nitpickers on this board, or what.

30 seconds of my life reading this thread, that I'll never get back. :roll:
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:39 pm

JJ wrote:Have we turned into the persnickety nitpickers on this board, or what.

30 seconds of my life reading this thread, that I'll never get back. :roll:

Turned into? Was that not a requirement to join?
Holland&Holland

Postby John S. on Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:27 am

Just like a 10/22 is a the most dangerous assault weapon, the most kill for the buck.......................Well, to be honest .22 cal is cheap, AND it WILL kill................Everything in the media is a "assault" weapon, lol :o

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_weapon
[quoteAssault weapon is a term used in the United States to define some types of firearms.[1]][/quote]
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. -- P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian
John S.

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:31 am

Any implement used as a weapon to assault someone is an assault weapon.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Return to In The News