Federal Cartridge Lays Off 100 Workers in Anoka

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Federal Cartridge Lays Off 100 Workers in Anoka

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:25 pm

JJ wrote:
MJY65 wrote:I guess this would be why they weren't investing in new plants to keep up with the artificial hoarder/flipper demand a few years ago.

Ding, ding, ding....

We have a winner.

Remember a year and a half ago, when people were lambasting the manufacturers for not doubling/tripling/quadrupling 22lr production? The artificial bubble was bound to pop, and anyone who understands basic supply and demand principles knew this cas coming.

So why is the .22 supply not back to pre Newtown levels?
Holland&Holland

Postby JJ on Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:00 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
JJ wrote:
MJY65 wrote:I guess this would be why they weren't investing in new plants to keep up with the artificial hoarder/flipper demand a few years ago.

Ding, ding, ding....

We have a winner.

Remember a year and a half ago, when people were lambasting the manufacturers for not doubling/tripling/quadrupling 22lr production? The artificial bubble was bound to pop, and anyone who understands basic supply and demand principles knew this cas coming.

I suspect that of o was a distributor, i'd be trying to keep demand high, so that the market doesn't completely bottom out. Especially when sitting on a warehouse full of ammo...
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby Ghost on Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:42 pm

JJ wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:
JJ wrote:

Ding, ding, ding....

We have a winner.

I suspect that of o was a distributor, i'd be trying to keep demand high, so that the market doesn't completely bottom out. Especially when sitting on a warehouse full of ammo...

Yeah but there is more than one distributor so you'd be at risk of your competition being able to sell sell sell and make more money. Throughput is where you make money on distribution.
Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:34 am

Obviously it's a conspiracy, what is your theory or do you have a source?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby FJ540 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:08 pm

yukonjasper wrote:Obviously it's a conspiracy, what is your theory or do you have a source?

Cabela's, Sportsman's Guide, and Bass Pro have aligned a super consumership keeping Walmart from getting any .22lr and thus artificially keeping prices 20% higher than pre-newtown and this is their plan to world domination of the 2 Billion dollar rimfire ammo industry. :rotf:

Seriously, .22lr is out there if you shop anywhere BUT Walmart.
FJ540

Postby 2in2out on Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:21 pm

There's a good supply of .22LR right now. Nearly every retailer - except Walmart - has a wide selection of ammo in end caps, separate tables or on the main shelves with the rest of their ammo. I've even seen it on sale.

What I DON'T see are PRICES at or below pre-Newtown. That could be a result of the cost of manufacture, or it could simply be a retailer trying to make as much as they can (and nobody wanting to do anything differently by undercutting everyone else). It's probably a little of both. That goes for all ammo.

There's still some rimfire stuff that's out of stock - .22 Short is a little hard to come by right now. But, generally speaking if I need rimfire ammo, I can get it pretty much anywhere.

I think prices will continue to go down slowly as supplies continue to rise slowly.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Previous

Return to In The News