Richard Wyatt from American Guns TV guilty of 10 felonies

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Richard Wyatt from American Guns TV guilty of 10 felonies

Postby Randygmn on Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:39 pm

I used to watch this show on Discovery. Apparently there was some drama behind the scenes. Wyatt was found guilty on 10 felony counts of operating without an FFL, among other things. Really shocking to me because he seemed like such a straight laced guy to me. Now, he's facing 15 years.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/03/10/am ... convicted/
Randygmn

Re: Richard Wyatt from American Guns TV guilty of 10 felonies

Postby Ghost on Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:53 pm

Never really expected that but all I seem to remember about that show is

Hard to believe Discovery didn't confirm these legalities.
Ghost

Postby BigBlue on Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:50 pm

Interesting situation there. Hard to believe they thought they could get away with continue operation of the store that way. You'd think a former cop would know right from wrong...

BB
BigBlue

Postby Randygmn on Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:01 pm

BigBlue wrote:Interesting situation there. Hard to believe they thought they could get away with continue operation of the store that way. You'd think a former cop would know right from wrong...

BB

Lol. I forgot he was a cop. Crazy. What an idiot.
Randygmn

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:26 pm

Agreed, he is an idiot. That said I can not help but note that he is facing 15 years for dealing without a license. Any body in the government get convicted yet over fast and furious?

Interested that the ATF can come after someone for dealing without a license. :cogitating:
Holland&Holland

Postby Randygmn on Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:44 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:Agreed, he is an idiot. That said I can not help but note that he is facing 15 years for dealing without a license. Any body in the government get convicted yet over fast and furious?

Interested that the ATF can come after someone for dealing without a license. :cogitating:

Some folks call me a radical, but Fast and Furious was actually about attempting to fraudulently infring upon our God given rights, and usurp our Constitution. Those responsible should have faced a death penalty prosecution and already been executed.
Randygmn

Postby Scratch on Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:45 am

Are you guys still talking about this? I haven't gotten past the second post!
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:32 am

How stupid do you have to be, to be running an unlicensed firearms business, while staring in a tv show about being in the firearms business. :roll:
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby usnret on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:12 am

That show was about as bad as the one about Red Jacket firearms with Will Hayden.
"The two most important rules in a gunfight are: Always cheat and
Always win."
GLOCK Certified Armorer
usnret

Postby goett047 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:58 am

usnret wrote:That show was about as bad as the one about Red Jacket firearms with Will Hayden.

If I recall correctly, there was also an issue with Hayden's FFL.
goett047

Postby Ghost on Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:05 am

goett047 wrote:
usnret wrote:That show was about as bad as the one about Red Jacket firearms with Will Hayden.

If I recall correctly, there was also an issue with Hayden's FFL.

I think the bigger thing with Hayden was his accusations of child rape/molestation by an ex and his own daughter. Looks like he's still awaiting trial.
Ghost

Postby goett047 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:09 am

Moral of the story is if you are a criminal, don't get a reality TV show about you being a criminal.
goett047

Postby BigBlue on Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:17 am

No, I don't put the two in the same category. The Red Jacket one was a typical "manufacture drama from anywhere you can to make everything seem crazy" show. The American Guns one was at least interesting because they dug into more about how the customization happened and the drama was toned down. It still had some drama, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't as stupid. Plus there were a few sets of nice cans to look at on American Guns.

BB
BigBlue

Postby FJ540 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:41 am

BigBlue wrote:

No, I don't put the two in the same category. The Red Jacket one was a typical "manufacture drama from anywhere you can to make everything seem crazy" show. The American Guns one was at least interesting because they dug into more about how the customization happened and the drama was toned down. It still had some drama, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't as stupid. Plus there were a few sets of nice cans to look at on American Guns.

BB

The helicopter was just as bad as Will's "neva been dun before" and you really have to question a guy who uses his own daughter's boobs to gain ratings.

I hope Will's cell mate imagines that daughter when poking his rear. :twisted:
FJ540

Postby Ghost on Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:47 am

FJ540 wrote:
BigBlue wrote:

BB

The helicopter was just as bad as Will's "neva been dun before" and you really have to question a guy who uses his own daughter's boobs to gain ratings.

I hope Will's cell mate imagines that daughter when poking his rear. :twisted:

Technically not Wyatt's daughter or son. Her real name is Paige Grewcock, no joke.
Ghost

Next

Return to In The News