Strib opinion piece

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Strib opinion piece

Postby INOR on Mon May 08, 2017 9:18 am

Oh boy. This guy is a world class hand wringer. Wants all guns to disappear so the world can be shiny and happy. Enjoy.

http://www.startribune.com/it-s-the-gun ... 421501873/
INOR

Re: Strib opinion piece

Postby MJY65 on Mon May 08, 2017 10:08 am

No point in arguing with them. The sides have been chosen and will never change. Just take a look at the comments after any gun related article. The same old arguments and name calling that has been going on as long as I've been alive. Vote for the right people and make our case at the legislature.
MJY65

Postby Ghost on Mon May 08, 2017 10:12 am

L O L
Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Mon May 08, 2017 11:18 am

Pants wetters be pants wetters. Never any mention of why criminals should be tolerated. It's like they have a right to rob you and you should submit because........well just because. The fact that criminals use guns and other weapons, to them just means that guns are scary not the people, just the guns. Oye vey!
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Randygmn on Mon May 08, 2017 1:23 pm

No distinction at all made if all the shootings he mentioned were involving permit holders, since he took special care to highlight permits early in the article. How many of those shootings were done by prohibited persons?
Randygmn

Postby MJY65 on Mon May 08, 2017 1:47 pm

Randygmn wrote:No distinction at all made if all the shootings he mentioned were involving permit holders, since he took special care to highlight permits early in the article. How many of those shootings were done by prohibited persons?

Most antis don't care. They don't like guns and one in your hands is just as bad as one in a gangsta's hands.
MJY65

Postby Lumpy on Tue May 09, 2017 7:32 am

The scorn drips through:

"feeling lucky when it comes to their chances of getting the drop on a wiseguy"
"packing heat"
"Say hello to my little friend"
"a Glock in your pants"
"a gun owner who feels threatened — serious question: take away all the hunters and is there any other kind?"
"judge, jury and executioner"
Lumpy

Postby yukonjasper on Tue May 09, 2017 8:27 am

It is a poorly written piece. Lazy and obviously pandering to the anti crowd who will overlook everything in deference to the message.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Return to In The News