Routine arrest leads Minneapolis police to arsenal

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Routine arrest leads Minneapolis police to arsenal

Postby Ironbear on Tue May 16, 2017 6:20 pm

"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby mrp on Tue May 16, 2017 11:20 pm

yukonjasper wrote:The question we as lawful gun owners and proponents of the absolute right to Keep and Bear Arms - is how far are we willing to go to defend every citizen that right. If this individual is not a citizen, then this is a completely different discussion. Definitely fits in the "suspicious activities" column.

Are the 2A rights viewed the same as the 1A rights - should they?

You might find the relevant SAF cases interesting reading. They have been involved in numerous cases arguing for the rights of resident aliens.

https://www.saf.org/2nd-amendment-legal-action/
https://www.saf.org/2nd-amendment-legal ... itigation/
mrp

Postby BigBlue on Wed May 17, 2017 7:50 am

yukonjasper wrote:Some possibilities:
- testing drone technology for transportation of weapons into secured areas.
-picking up and dropping munitions or bombs.
-testing the effective range of - non line of site operation of the drone in an urban environment.

I suppose that could be, but something tells me if someone were doing things that sophisticated they wouldn't have the recipients be a car-full of twats who get torqued off easily and make a scene and then tell the responding officer that they are waiting for a drone. Maybe I've watched too many TV series and real life high crime isn't as carefully planned and well orchestrated - who knows?

BB
BigBlue

Postby yukonjasper on Wed May 17, 2017 11:04 am

I hope you are right, but I don't think you can underestimate the shear stupidity of criminals and terrorists.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Previous

Return to In The News