Shooter Attacks Congressional Baseball Team

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Shooter Attacks Congressional Baseball Team

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:11 am

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/14/steve-scalise-congressional-aides-shot-at-virginia-baseball-field-live-blog.html

June 14, 2017 6:20am PDT

Here's what we know so far:

- House Majority Whip Steve Scalise and multiple congressional aides were shot by a gunman who opened fire at a GOP baseball practice in Alexandria. Va. just after 7 a.m.
- Scalise, who suffered a gunshot wound to the hip, and the other injured people were transported to the hospital; Scalise is in stable condition.
- The suspect was shot by U.S. Capitol Police, apprehended and taken to the hospital.
-Sen. Rand Paul said the shooting at the practice "would have been a massacre." He recalled hearing more than 50 shots fired at the moment.
-The gunman had asked if the members on the field were "Republicans or Democrats," Rep. Ron DeSantis said.
- Police say the next press conference will be around 10:30 a.m. ET
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Re: Shooter Attacks Congressional Baseball Team

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:34 am

Another low life pissed off at the world.
Bearcatrp

Postby Jackpine Savage on Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:23 am

Sounds like the shooter was a left wing moon bat.

Things are getting hotter.
Jackpine Savage

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:44 am

ABC news just announced that Trump tweeted the lowlife died. Apparently he was targeting republicans.
Bearcatrp

Postby Randygmn on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:09 am

Liberal Terrorists™ doing what they do best. Violence. There MUST be a coordinated, Patriotic Citizen response.
Randygmn

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:43 am

Randygmn wrote:Liberal Terrorists™ doing what they do best. Violence. There MUST be a coordinated, Patriotic Citizen response.

:roll:
What are you suggesting?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby jdege on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:55 am

Jackpine Savage wrote:Sounds like the shooter was a left wing moon bat.

Things are getting hotter.

The left-over left is getting long in the tooth, and they're becoming desperately afraid that they won't see their progressive utopia in their lifetime.

Reagan was supposed to be a temporary aberration and Clinton a necessary evil.

Gore as supposed to win and usher in the promised land.

Bush outraged them. Trump has finally driven them round the bend.
jdege

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:35 pm

Trump drove the lowlife true democrats out into the open. Have never seen such sore losers, ever. They will do anything to push there agenda, which now means blood shed.
Bearcatrp

Postby harryset on Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:20 pm

AAAAAnnnnnndddddd, its Trumps fault in....3...2...1...
stercus accidit
It's not the LAWS you necessarily have to worry about, it's how the laws are regulated.

Send Me
harryset

Postby usnret on Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:27 pm

harryset wrote:AAAAAnnnnnndddddd, its Trumps fault in....3...2...1...

Are you sure it isn't Bush's fault?
"The two most important rules in a gunfight are: Always cheat and
Always win."
GLOCK Certified Armorer
usnret

Postby george on Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:28 pm

Maybe it's time to save the children. BAN DEMOCRATS FROM OWNING GUNS.........
NO GUNS FOR YOU!

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."
-- President Bill Clinton, August 12, 1993
george

Postby 2in2out on Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:32 pm

I've been waiting for a call to ban guns, but haven't seen one yet. There must be one somewhere, it's overdue. Both Franken and Klobuchar have commented on it, and they will jump on the "ban" wagon as soon as it comes around the bend.

It's terrible, and I hope this stirs discussion about what security is needed for group events that involve politicians. It's very VERY fortunate that a higher-ranking member of congress attended with their security detail or this could've been absolutely horrific.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:01 pm

Not blaming Trump at all. With todays events with both shootings, surprised the call for a gun ban hasn't started.
Bearcatrp

Postby jdege on Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:07 pm

2in2out wrote:I've been waiting for a call to ban guns, but haven't seen one yet. There must be one somewhere, it's overdue.

I'm looking for a preemption bill that forces D.C. to recognize carry permits.
jdege

Postby xd ED on Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:13 pm

2in2out wrote:I've been waiting for a call to ban guns, but haven't seen one yet. There must be one somewhere, it's overdue. Both Franken and Klobuchar have commented on it, and they will jump on the "ban" wagon as soon as it comes around the bend.

It's terrible, and I hope this stirs discussion about what security is needed for group events that involve politicians. It's very VERY fortunate that a higher-ranking member of congress attended with their security detail or this could've been absolutely horrific.

Personally, I believe those who make the laws live by the laws they create; be it the ability to defend oneself, or healthcare.

By all accounts Virginia's governor couldn't get in front of a microphone fast enough.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/06/14/virginia-governor-terry-mcauliffe-calls-gun-control-after-steve-scalise-shooting
Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D) called for more gun control immediately following the shooting of House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-LA) at a congressional baseball practice this morning in Alexandria, Va.

McAuliffe then stated that "we lose 93 million Americans a day to gun violence" before correcting the figure to 93 when a reporter pointed out the misstatement.

"This is a very serious issue," he said, recalling the recent "senseless" murder of a Virginia state trooper.

McAuliffe said "there are too many guns on the street" but then said the issue shouldn't be raised today.

A reported then remarked, "If it's not the day for it, why are you bringing it up?"

The governor said he talks about the need for more background checks on gun purchases and for closing the gun show loophole all the time.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Next

Return to In The News