READY FOR WAR Leftist gunman had 200 rounds

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

READY FOR WAR Leftist gunman had 200 rounds

Postby Greg on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:06 am

I'd expect to hear this kind of over the top reporting from MSNBC, not that I have a high opinion of Fox either.

That's not even a good day at the range!

READY FOR WAR
Leftist gunman had 200 rounds; Scalise upgraded

VIDEO: FBI: Scalise shooter had 200 rounds of ammo in storage unit

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/21/sc ... s-say.html
Diesel Boats and tube radios forever!
Greg

Re: READY FOR WAR Leftist gunman had 200 rounds

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:59 am

Poorly written and edited article. You have to remember that there are only so many journalism schools out there and from what I see, they are all "owned" by the left. The fact that this particular person happens to work for Fox News doesn't guarantee that there is any more understanding of the 2nd Amendment, guns, normal amount of ammo or have the deductive reasoning power to figure out why a person living out of a van might return to a storage locker (clothes, supplies etc.) multiple times or frequent a YMCA (showers and laundry services).

Everyone connected to commentary of the current political environment are completely breathless and outraged - they have to be to satisfy the audience they are serving. If they weren't that audience would dismiss them.

Not a lot of room for rational, reasoned, calm, well thought out rhetoric these days. Sad State of Affairs.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Randygmn on Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:37 pm

I agree about Fox. The day after the shooting, Fox reported on air it was "a .762 bullet powerful enough to take down an elephant". Yes, I'm serious. Smh.
Randygmn

Postby FJ540 on Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:40 pm

I just bought 1050 rounds of .22lr. The black helicopters are coming! :bolt:

(they were 20% off and I wasn't passing that up)
FJ540

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:10 pm

FJ540 wrote:I just bought 1050 rounds of .22lr. The black helicopters are coming! :bolt:

(they were 20% off and I wasn't passing that up)

Don't forget your tin foil hat, and rubber boots! :exactly:
Bearcatrp

Postby mmcnx2 on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:05 pm

I don't setup my progressive press to make less than 2000 rounds of any given caliber. I typically have 15k-20k rounds of pistol ammo loaded spread across the various calibers.
mmcnx2

Postby hopkins on Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:40 pm

By golly we must all be terrorists, why else would we own all those guns and have that much ammo.

These days they ought to require anyone writing about firearms to take a class and get a passing grade.
hopkins

Postby crbutler on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:50 pm

Well, lots of elephant are killed with the .30 commie short, so that doesn't say much for the power of the cartridge.
crbutler

Postby Nougat on Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:01 pm

''Rep. Steve Scalise was upgraded to fair condition Wednesday, as FBI officials disclosed more information about the gunman who was initially in critical condition at  shot him on a Virginia baseball diamond last week.''
:?:
Rep. Steve Scalise who was initially in critical condition was upgraded to fair condition Wednesday, as FBI officials disclosed more information about the gunman whoshot him on a Virginia baseball diamond last week.-at

I didn't even pay attention in English... proffesional writers and editors??? I think I fixed it? I cannot make sense of the one in quotes :shock:
Nougat

Postby hard h2o on Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:11 am

At various reunions and get togethers with my mom's side of the family the women would always be complaining that the men had too many lures, rod and reels, guns, ammo, tools...

Problem was all of the women sewed, crafted, crocheted, knitted...

Somehow it is a totally different thing when it is mentioned all the yarn, fabric... that they have accumulated.

With the left they try to portray firearms as only good for violence. They do not want to show the sporting, hobby, defensive, hunting, or hobby side of firearms.

Some of those lefties may have hobbies but they do not see ammo or firearms as tools or as something equating to a hobby nor pastime.
hard h2o

Postby TeeBee on Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:05 am

Between all I have stored up, in the 7 calibers I shoot, I would probably be considered a warlord in the media's eyes. And since I have a loading press in the garage, I must be arming up for a revolution.
TeeBee

Postby Ghost on Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:48 am

TeeBee wrote:Between all I have stored up, in the 7 calibers I shoot, I would probably be considered a warlord in the media's eyes. And since I have a loading press in the garage, I must be arming up for a revolution.

You too, we should start a club
Ghost

Postby Ghost on Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:48 am

hard h2o wrote:At various reunions and get togethers with my mom's side of the family the women would always be complaining that the men had too many lures, rod and reels, guns, ammo, tools...

Problem was all of the women sewed, crafted, crocheted, knitted...

Somehow it is a totally different thing when it is mentioned all the yarn, fabric... that they have accumulated.

With the left they try to portray firearms as only good for violence. They do not want to show the sporting, hobby, defensive, hunting, or hobby side of firearms.

Some of those lefties may have hobbies but they do not see ammo or firearms as tools or as something equating to a hobby nor pastime.

If everybody knew guns it would be hard for Hollywood to make money on their movies
Ghost

Postby LarryFlew on Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:23 pm

Crap, have a 4 press setup so my usual calibers each are set to go and 4th is changed to do all the others. Going to jail for sure not to mention file cabinet 3 draws full of loaded ammo. Hell, 200 rounds don't fill all of my CZ mags.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby FJ540 on Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:44 pm

LarryFlew wrote:Crap, have a 4 press setup so my usual calibers each are set to go and 4th is changed to do all the others. Going to jail for sure not to mention file cabinet 3 draws full of loaded ammo. Hell, 200 rounds don't fill all of my CZ mags.

200 rounds isn't even a 'patrol load' for mounted infantry - one troop of a squad. :lol:
FJ540

Return to In The News