New world record sniper kill. Canadian sniper's 2 mile shot

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

New world record sniper kill. Canadian sniper's 2 mile shot

Postby Randygmn on Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:53 am

A Canadian SpecOps Sniper set a new world record, killing an ISIS fighter at 2 miles (3450 meters). The kill has been confirmed using multiple, high tech methods.

Because the unit and their operations are highly classified, the specific details are in short supply. We know that the sniper used a Macmillan 50 cal. Bullet flight time was 10 seconds. No mention of ammunition specifics. Would love to know grain weight and if these guys are rolling their own or it's store bought. No mention on which glass, either. Would really like to know if it took multiple shots, too.

Anyway- glad to see our northern brothers doing their part in making the world a better place, by surgically removing cancer from the planet, 1 trigger pull at a time.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/new...ticle35415651/
Randygmn

Re: New world record sniper kill. Canadian sniper's 2 mile shot

Postby BigDog58 on Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:15 am

NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Re: New world record sniper kill. Canadian sniper's 2 mile shot

Postby Randygmn on Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:34 am

Lol. I only looked in the news section. Wasn't there. No big deal.
Randygmn

Return to In The News