Australian woman shot dead by Minneapolis police after calli

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby steve4102 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:17 am

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/17/au ... crime.html

An Australian woman engaged to marry an American next month was shot and killed by a Minneapolis cop Saturday night after calling police to report an incident, leading her family and investigators to question what caused the deadly shooting.

The woman, identified as Justine Damond, 40, was killed in the late-night shooting in the city's Fulton neighborhood, Fox 9 reported. She reportedly had called to report an assault.
steve4102

Re: Australian woman shot dead by Minneapolis police after calli

Postby steve4102 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:19 am

A rookie police officer who shot dead an Australian woman outside of her Minnesota home was already under investigation for 'violently' forcing a woman to hospital, court documents allege.

Mohamed Noor reached over and shot Justine Damond, 40, multiple times from the passenger seat of his squad car while she spoke to his colleague on the drivers side in a back alley behind her upscale Minneapolis home.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ation.html
steve4102

Postby steve4102 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:20 am

While many of the details about what happened Saturday night in the city's southwest corner have not been disclosed, this much was: She called to report a possible assault in the alley behind her house in one of the city's safest neighborhoods and was unarmed when officer Mohamed Noor shot her.

http://www.startribune.com/minneapolis- ... 4975623/#1
steve4102

Postby steve4102 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:35 am

Three sources with knowledge of the incident said Sunday that two officers in one squad car, responding to the 911 call, pulled into the alley. Damond, in her pajamas, went to the driver’s side door and was talking to the driver. The officer in the passenger seat pulled his gun and shot Damond through the driver’s side door, sources said. No weapon was found at the scene.

http://www.startribune.com/woman-killed ... 4782213/#1
steve4102

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:19 am

Australian Lives Matter. Are we ready to protest and block a freeway?

It is a tragedy and I can't imagine what could have triggered the officer to shoot. Sounds like he shot through the car across his partners body. All sorts of weird attached to this story. More mystery than Yanez and Castile.

Is it possible that we have a whole crop of officers who have been trained poorly or are not emotionally equipped to handle the job?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Ghost on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:21 am

yukonjasper wrote:Australian Lives Matter. Are we ready to protest and block a freeway?

It is a tragedy and I can't imagine what could have triggered the officer to shoot. Sounds like he shot through the car across his partners body. All sorts of weird attached to this story. More mystery than Yanez and Castile.

Is it possible that we have a whole crop of officers who have been trained poorly or are not emotionally equipped to handle the job?

Partner say "what?"

Black cop shoots white woman for what appears to be no reason. Might as well sweep this under the rug.
Ghost

Postby FJ540 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:10 pm

yukonjasper wrote:Australian Lives Matter. Are we ready to protest and block a freeway?

Or maybe the muslim was getting aroused and had to stop the sin?

We don't know what her jammies looked like, do we?
FJ540

Postby jdege on Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:51 pm

As is usual, the real newspapers get the story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4711080/Killer-cop-Noor-tells-story-Justine-startled-him.html

EXCLUSIVE: Killer cop says he shot Justine Damond because he was 'startled' by her when she ran towards his car in the dark after loud noise - and had no idea she was 911 caller
  • Mohamed Noor has not spoken to state investigators about why he shot Justine Damond in Minneapolis on Saturday - but has given an account to friends
  • They have spoken to DailyMail.com and revealed his first detailed version of how he shot the bride-to-be, 40, after she called 911
  • Noor says she approached their police cruiser in the dark after a loud bang and that he could not tell what she was carrying, so he shot her
  • He was 'startled' and the cruiser's lights were off at the time, he has told friends
  • Noor, a Somali-born American has also said he feels isolated for his race and friend said: 'His feeling is "I am an immigrant, a Muslim and not white."'
  • Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension issued statement on Tuesday night revealing he had declined to be interviewed by its investigators
jdege

Postby INOR on Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:45 pm

I don't think that anyone really thinks it's anything different or more sinister than that. Just another example of a cop on edge and ******* a brick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Postby dcwn.45 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:42 pm

FJ540 wrote:

You are an *******, get off my side!
dcwn.45

Postby xd ED on Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:16 pm

dcwn.45 wrote:
FJ540 wrote:

Can anyone honestly state that while trying to sort this out, FJ540's sentiment didn't, at some point, cross their mind when they heard the cop was a muslim?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby FJ540 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:57 pm

dcwn.45 wrote:
FJ540 wrote:

I can see you don't understand sharia law. Who said I was on your side?

https://www.al-islam.org/code-ethics-mu ... ing-others
FJ540

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:08 pm

Murderapolis is getting out of control. Police chief needs to resign as well as that worthless mayor. Tax payers will pay again for unjust shooting by police. They better prosecute this cop.
Bearcatrp

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:12 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Murderapolis is getting out of control. Police chief needs to resign as well as that worthless mayor. Tax payers will pay again for unjust shooting by police. They better prosecute this cop.

Nothing like jumping to conclusions without all the evidence. Why don't you go shut down a freeway? Seems to be the thing to do when you have a point you want to make these days.
Holland&Holland

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:20 pm

xd ED wrote:
dcwn.45 wrote:
FJ540 wrote:

Can anyone honestly state that while trying to sort this out, FJ540's sentiment didn't, at some point, cross their mind when they heard the cop was a muslim?

Yes, most definitely I can honestly state this. Now I get the comment so I did not comment on his comment (to each their own and humor however dark is still humor), but in all honesty I know several muslims who have managed to balance sharia law with our laws. Give unto Ceaser the things that are Ceaser's? Maybe some have heard of this? Maybe not? I really doubt this particular cop was a zealot who was out to enforce sharia law.

If one carries this line far enough, well do we really want to get into a bible verse back and forth? Cause I known some real effed up Christians in my day if you really want to get into what "god" told them to do to other people.
Holland&Holland

Next

Return to In The News