Australian woman shot dead by Minneapolis police after calli

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Australian woman shot dead by Minneapolis police after calli

Postby Ghost on Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:51 am

Squib Joe wrote:Image

LoL
Ghost

Postby ttousi on Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:03 am

Snelling and Uni....wrong city
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby FJ540 on Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:58 am

ttousi wrote:Snelling and Uni....wrong city

Probably too scared to put it up in Mpls (might get shot). :didntdoit:
FJ540

Postby steve4102 on Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:35 pm

Hmac wrote:
steve4102 wrote:Given the political makeup of the city’s leadership and its desire to hire more black officers, especially those with roots in the Somali community, it is highly unlikely that investigators will seek to find out if Noor was motivated by his own religious bias in the killing of Justine Damond, said former Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann.

Michele Bachmann raises an issue that you know is on many minds.

The question that needs to be answered is, was this shooting a mistake or was it a “cultural seizure” by a Muslim officer who snapped and acted irrationally at the sight of a woman in her pajamas?

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpr ... ian-woman/

I think that's ridiculous. It was nothing more than a poorly trained officer without the right mindset for law enforcement who accidentally and negligently pulled the trigger on his gun. There's no evidence whatsoever to make such a silly assumption as the one that Michelle is insinuating.

There is no evidence whatsoever.

So, you have access to the investigation and statements by those that were there and those conducting this investigation?

Cool, why not enlighten us with all of the facts and all of the details that have not been released to the public.

Thanks, I look forward to your " evidence" or lack there of.
steve4102

Postby Hmac on Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:00 pm

steve4102 wrote:
Hmac wrote:I think that's ridiculous. It was nothing more than a poorly trained officer without the right mindset for law enforcement who accidentally and negligently pulled the trigger on his gun. There's no evidence whatsoever to make such a silly assumption as the one that Michelle is insinuating.

So, you have access to the investigation and statements by those that were there and those conducting this investigation?

Cool, why not enlighten us with all of the facts and all of the details that have not been released to the public.

I apologize...I forgot to add the "IMHO" to that post.

I have no "evidence" whatsoever. It's just my opinion based on common sense, my lack of conspiracy paranoia, and what little has been published. I take it that my opinion runs counter to yours? You can express your opinion too, you know, here on the internet. Although it's possible that some ******* might indignantly demand that you provide "evidence" to back it up.
Hmac

Postby smurfman on Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:00 pm

Squib Joe wrote:Image

I like that bookstore, have found a few rare/hard to find treasures in there at pretty good prices.
smurfman

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:47 am

Channel 5 evening news obtained the training records for the officer. Nothing shocking, he passed everything and went through all the training. Character/demeanor was summarized as "well suited " for the job.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby xd ED on Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:57 am

yukonjasper wrote:Channel 5 evening news obtained the training records for the officer. Nothing shocking, he passed everything and went through all the training. Character/demeanor was summarized as "well suited " for the job.

The personnel records for a Minneapolis police officer who fatally shot an Australian woman were released Monday, providing some detail about the training courses the officer took but no insight into his performance on the job......

.... His file also says he passed all of his annual semi-automatic, handgun and shotgun qualifications, but there are no additional details about how he performed....

...The records released Monday don’t list any awards or commendations for Noor. Records previously released show he had three complaints against him, including one that was dismissed with no discipline and two that are pending...
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Bearcatrp on Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:08 pm

KSTP just stated a search warrant was issued to search her residence. Looking for any excuse they could use against her is the only thing I can figure out why. Seems odd though.
Bearcatrp

Postby xd ED on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:09 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:KSTP just stated a search warrant was issued to search her residence. Looking for any excuse they could use against her is the only thing I can figure out why. Seems odd though.

I don't know the motivations of the BCA, but it's conceivable that an assailant, who might leave evidence behind, was in the woman's house; after all she did run out into the night in her pajamas, for reasons that may be forever lost.
In terms of trying to justfy the shooting, It's hard to imagine what damning things a search of her house would reveal...drugs, etc, that would not appear in an autopsy.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:09 pm

steve4102 wrote:
Hmac wrote:
steve4102 wrote:Given the political makeup of the city’s leadership and its desire to hire more black officers, especially those with roots in the Somali community, it is highly unlikely that investigators will seek to find out if Noor was motivated by his own religious bias in the killing of Justine Damond, said former Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann.

Michele Bachmann raises an issue that you know is on many minds.

The question that needs to be answered is, was this shooting a mistake or was it a “cultural seizure” by a Muslim officer who snapped and acted irrationally at the sight of a woman in her pajamas?

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpr ... ian-woman/

I think that's ridiculous. It was nothing more than a poorly trained officer without the right mindset for law enforcement who accidentally and negligently pulled the trigger on his gun. There's no evidence whatsoever to make such a silly assumption as the one that Michelle is insinuating.

And Bachmann has evidence? Or does she get a pass because she agrees with you?
Holland&Holland

Postby steve4102 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:47 am

Holland&Holland wrote: of.

And Bachmann has evidence? Or does she get a pass because she agrees with you?[/quote]

Read it again, this time with clarity.

Here let me help.

She did not say anything about evidence or facts, she said his motives should be questioned and should be a concern.

Nowhere did she say, there is evidence of religious motivation, she said these questions should be asked.
steve4102

Postby Ghost on Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:07 am

steve4102 wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote: of.

And Bachmann has evidence? Or does she get a pass because she agrees with you?

Read it again, this time with clarity.

Here let me help.

She did not say anything about evidence or facts, she said his motives should be questioned and should be a concern.

Nowhere did she say, there is evidence of religious motivation, she said these questions should be asked.

I'd think by now we'd all understand Bachman says a lot of stuff. Fact checkers love her because she keeps them relevant.
Ghost

Postby Hmac on Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:09 am

steve4102 wrote:Read it again, this time with clarity.

Here let me help.

Yeah, I agree...it was a stupid thing for her to say.
Hmac

Previous

Return to In The News