Body Cam of MPLS pitbull shooting released

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Body Cam of MPLS pitbull shooting released

Postby JJ on Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:06 am

http://www.startribune.com/body-camera- ... 435637703/

Well, I'm starting to think MPLS may have some issues with their training.

If that dog is aggressive, then we might as well just start shooting every dog encountered.

SMH
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Re: Body Cam of MPLS pitbull shooting released

Postby Squib Joe on Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:23 pm

Pepper spray would have been a better idea
"The weight is a sign of reliability. I always go for reliability." - Boris "The Blade" Yurinov
Squib Joe

Postby Ghost on Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:53 pm

Or maybe pet it
Ghost

Postby MJY65 on Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:00 pm

JJ wrote:Well, I'm starting to think MPLS may have some issues with their training.SMH

I agree. I'm not sure if it's coming from the academy or from some of these continuing ed "trainers" that are ridiculously over the top with their "them vs us", "warrior cop", "go home to your family (good) NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKES (bad).
MJY65

Postby JJ on Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:11 pm

Ghost wrote:Or maybe pet it

or take a couple more steps back, and let the situation develop.

Any way you shake it, it seems that shoot first, damage control later is a failed tactic...
"a man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." Frederick Douglass
JJ

Postby george on Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:41 pm

Making it harder and harder to have any respect for the police.
I try to avoid them at all costs, I am beginning to believe you put yourself and family at as much risk as the bad guys.
The other night I had two deputies pounding on the door trying to get in at 2am I went down with both dogs and pistol, they asked about the dogs, nothing about the pistol, wrong house. Wasn't a bust but a suicide attempt. In talking to them I found out they had to incorrect addresses so I got the phone book and help them to find the right location.

I need to edit to say, I kept the pistol behind the door until I opened it and made contact.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."
-- President Bill Clinton, August 12, 1993
george

Postby nhluke on Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:44 pm

Very sad. Not as sad as the situation sounds in South Minneapolis but I would be furious if those were my animals. It seems like the shots to hits ratio is higher on these videos than when there are "actual threats". Everytime people ask me why I never pursued a career in law enforcement I can think of an additional reason. I'm thankful some people are willing to do it but I'd bet taxpayers could save a lot of lawsuit payouts if hiring/training were adjusted.
nhluke

Return to In The News