Murderapolis at bar close time

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby INOR on Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:31 am

Can't hardly go downtown for anything anymore. Haven't been spending my money on any dinners, concerts, plays, or other evening events in Minneapolis for a long time. I do have concert tickets for a show in September off Hennepin that I purchased last year. Need to figure out if I can carry to that place. Think it's the State theatre. Have carried there before but not sure what their current security is like.

New Police Chief Medaria Arradondo said the department is increasing police presence in the area, where three people have been shot in two separate incidents since Sunday.

http://www.startribune.com/local/minnea ... 31933.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Re: Murderapolis at bar close time

Postby BigBlue on Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:39 pm

It used to be bar close was the time to stay away. Now people are getting shot on Hennepin at 7pm. The place is a $hitho|e.
BigBlue

Postby fjrdc on Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:59 pm

NO reason to go to murderapolis
" Little By Little One Travels Far"
fjrdc

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:44 pm

INOR wrote:Can't hardly go downtown for anything anymore. Haven't been spending my money on any dinners, concerts, plays, or other evening events in Minneapolis for a long time. I do have concert tickets for a show in September off Hennepin that I purchased last year. Need to figure out if I can carry to that place. Think it's the State theatre. Have carried there before but not sure what their current security is like.

New Police Chief Medaria Arradondo said the department is increasing police presence in the area, where three people have been shot in two separate incidents since Sunday.

Last show I was there for they were wanding, had to run back to the car. I think if I had strategically placed it, I might have made it through but there was a line due to the wanding and just did not want to risk it.
Holland&Holland

Postby sprigfan on Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:39 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
INOR wrote:Can't hardly go downtown for anything anymore. Haven't been spending my money on any dinners, concerts, plays, or other evening events in Minneapolis for a long time. I do have concert tickets for a show in September off Hennepin that I purchased last year. Need to figure out if I can carry to that place. Think it's the State theatre. Have carried there before but not sure what their current security is like.

Last show I was there for they were wanding, had to run back to the car. I think if I had strategically placed it, I might have made it through but there was a line due to the wanding and just did not want to risk it.
Yep. I was there last year and they wanded.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
sprigfan

Postby INOR on Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:39 pm

Bummer. Think I had carried there last time (a Joe Bonamassa concert) and had no issues but it's been a couple of years now.

INOR

Postby INOR on Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:42 pm

Or maybe that was the Orpheum. Either way, both are operated by the Hennepin theater trust.

INOR

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:06 pm

INOR wrote:Bummer. Think I had carried there last time (a Joe Bonamassa concert) and had no issues but it's been a couple of years now.

I had previously as well until the wandering started about a year go I think, Orpheum too.
Holland&Holland

Postby INOR on Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:25 am

F*** it. Worst that can happen is they tell me to do the walk of shame back to the car.

INOR

Postby Pat on Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:41 pm

Anybody know about Orchestra Hall?
"Happiness is...finding two olives in your martini when you're hungry." -Johnny Carson
Cardinal Kung Foundation , The Rule of Saint Benedict
Pat

Return to In The News