Texas homeowner uses ar15

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Texas homeowner uses ar15

Postby nhluke on Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:39 pm

http://www.libertyinfo.net/2017/09/05/w ... e-in-mind/

Early info.
Homeowner returns fire at 3 gunman in a car. Kills 2. Hits all 3. The homeowners brother says he used an ar-15 and frequents a shooting range.
It'll be interesting to hear a few more details as time goes on . It's a crazy world though.
Last edited by nhluke on Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nhluke

Postby george on Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:50 pm

And I have heard many times, you don't need that kind of firearm, even from hunters who I considered gun people. Well I guess you do.... I would even want my BFS lll and a spare thirty rounder. Glad he was the winner, quite the fight it sounded like.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."
-- President Bill Clinton, August 12, 1993
george

Re: Texas homeowner uses ar15

Postby Ghost on Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:58 am

We writing books or reporting news now?

I have to ask why was the homeowner standing in the front yard with an AR? Was it because he heard shots and went outside to see what was going on?
Ghost

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:50 am

I would urge caution before jumping on the bandwagon praising this guy until more information becomes available.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby george on Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:21 am

Ghost wrote:We writing books or reporting news now?

I have to ask why was the homeowner standing in the front yard with an AR? Was it because he heard shots and went outside to see what was going on?
Where did you make this up from ? Wasn't from the article.

"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."
-- President Bill Clinton, August 12, 1993
george

Postby Jackpine Savage on Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:23 am

Houston, maybe he was on guard for looters? Or, it was a gang hit.
Jackpine Savage

Postby yukonjasper on Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:44 am

DRive by shootings are rarely random. The fact that this guy was sitting on his front porch and just happened to have a battle ready AR with him smells fishy.

I need more detail to celebrate the "heroic act".

I also agree that this story is written with a little too much Hollywood sensationalism. News reporting is clearly in trouble if this is acceptable.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Ghost on Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:56 am

george wrote:
Ghost wrote:We writing books or reporting news now?

Where did you make this up from ? Wasn't from the article.

Did you watch the video? Said he was standing behind a tree with the AR when they drove by.

Maybe it was this guy

Ghost

Postby Ghost on Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:28 am

Ok I did some Google fu and this happened May 6th
http://abc13.com/news/homeowner-shoots-at-drive-by-suspects-killing-2/1960774/

Says there was an arson attempt at the house the day before. The guy was waiting in the bushes at about 2-3 am.
Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:45 am

Arson is also a) not usually a team event b) random c) attempted again when it fails the first time unless a) you are really unpopular in your home owners association b) a drug dealer /gang banger c) knock up some Cholo's sister /mother and disrespect her d) rat someone out to the police.

Anyway you slice it, this is no victory for 2A rights unless this guy is some Charles Bronson like vigilante who is single handedly bringing down the Columbian Drug Cartels.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Jackpine Savage on Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:29 am

Jackpine Savage

Postby Ghost on Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:45 am

yukonjasper wrote:Arson is also a) not usually a team event b) random c) attempted again when it fails the first time unless a) you are really unpopular in your home owners association b) a drug dealer /gang banger c) knock up some Cholo's sister /mother and disrespect her d) rat someone out to the police.

Anyway you slice it, this is no victory for 2A rights unless this guy is some Charles Bronson like vigilante who is single handedly bringing down the Columbian Drug Cartels.

Agreed, there's obviously more to this story
Ghost

Postby nhluke on Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:01 pm

I hadn't purchased a medal for the shooter or organized a parade. It was just a story I had decided to follow and was suprised it hadn't yet been discussed on here. Ok back on topic,
Let's freak out that it probably wasn't an ar-15, or he should have known 5.56 doesn't have any knock down power...
I find it "funny" an updated article says a maroon car with 4 men in it...then later says all 3 men in the car were hit. Unless I get to assume one got out or had a gender swap mid fight. Now that's a debate...tactical gender transitions.
nhluke

Postby xd ED on Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:57 pm

nhluke wrote:I hadn't purchased a medal for the shooter or organized a parade. It was just a story I had decided to follow and was suprised it hadn't yet been discussed on here. Ok back on topic,
Let's freak out that it probably wasn't an ar-15, or he should have known 5.56 doesn't have any knock down power...
I find it "funny" an updated article says a maroon car with 4 men in it...then later says all 3 men in the car were hit. Unless I get to assume one got out or had a gender swap mid fight. Now that's a debate...tactical gender transitions.

Maybe somebody took one in the junk.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby nhluke on Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:08 pm

I laughed out loud hard enough to wake my dog.
nhluke

Return to In The News