Sen. Feinstein introducing bill to ban bump stocks after Veg

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Sen. Feinstein introducing bill to ban bump stocks after Veg

Postby Rodentman on Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:38 pm

I predict the Dems will try to ban semi-auto rifles.
Rodentman

Postby yukonjasper on Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:53 pm

MPR just suggested that a repeal of the 2nd Amendment would get to the heart of the issue. The left is getting very bold now that they see cracks in the once monolithic resistance to any infringement. Crazy that this is coming now with the majority of both houses of Congress and the presidency supposedly casting harder Right than anytime in the recent past. Definitely concerns me.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Ghost on Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:59 pm

yukonjasper wrote:MPR just suggested that a repeal of the 2nd Amendment would get to the heart of the issue. The left is getting very bold now that they see cracks in the once monolithic resistance to any infringement. Crazy that this is coming now with the majority of both houses of Congress and the presidency supposedly casting harder Right than anytime in the recent past. Definitely concerns me.

CW2 would start if a repeal happened
Ghost

Postby MJY65 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:05 pm

yukonjasper wrote:MPR just suggested that a repeal of the 2nd Amendment would get to the heart of the issue.

Good luck getting 33 states to ratify. If they didn't like the Electoral College math, they'll really hate the Constitutional math.
MJY65

Postby yukonjasper on Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:11 pm

Funny you mention the electoral college, that was brought up as an example of how the rural areas are overriding the population centers. Viewed as a big problem. Of course the people commentin were from the Washington post and the LA TIMES, go figure.

It's coming boys and girls, are we ready?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby MJY65 on Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:23 pm

yukonjasper wrote: It's coming boys and girls, are we ready?

Who's coming to rural MN? Some ANTIFA punk from NYC?
MJY65

Postby yukonjasper on Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:32 pm

I doubt it will be that dramatic, just some "common sense " legislation, you know, the kinds of controls "we can all agree are necessary to make us safe ".
I really hope I'm wrong. Not hearing any dissenting opinions anywhere.
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Randygmn on Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:52 am

Ghost wrote:
yukonjasper wrote:MPR just suggested that a repeal of the 2nd Amendment would get to the heart of the issue. The left is getting very bold now that they see cracks in the once monolithic resistance to any infringement. Crazy that this is coming now with the majority of both houses of Congress and the presidency supposedly casting harder Right than anytime in the recent past. Definitely concerns me.

The Restorative War will begin if they ban semi auto firearms, let alone the entire 2A. The possibility of the citizenry accepting another AWB like that of 1994, without sustained bloodshed, is nil. Our ideological problems can no longer be solved at the ballot box. The time to FINISH preparing for the only other viable remedy.....is now. “If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, so my child may know peace”.
Randygmn

Postby Randygmn on Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:56 am

MJY65 wrote:
yukonjasper wrote: It's coming boys and girls, are we ready?

Who's coming to rural MN? Some ANTIFA punk from NYC?

I’m not sure how often you “get out”, but unfortunately, there are plenty of these filthy, Liberal Terrorists™ that have infested Minneapolis and St Paul, with their disease. When the time comes, there will be no shortage of targets of opportunity. NOT ONE MORE INCH!!!!! And that’s all I’ll say about this subject, until the call to action occurs.
Randygmn

Postby MJY65 on Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:37 am

Randygmn wrote:I’m not sure how often you “get out”, but unfortunately, there are plenty of these filthy, Liberal Terrorists™ that have infested Minneapolis and St Paul, with their disease.

That is certainly true, but doubt any of them is going to be going door to door looking for gun owners in Todd County (just an example).
MJY65

Postby Randygmn on Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:03 am

MJY65 wrote:
Randygmn wrote:I’m not sure how often you “get out”, but unfortunately, there are plenty of these filthy, Liberal Terrorists™ that have infested Minneapolis and St Paul, with their disease.

That is certainly true, but doubt any of them is going to be going door to door looking for gun owners in Todd County (just an example).

Conversely, I’d expect patriotic Americans in Todd County (for example) not to wait, and instead, bring the fight to the enemy, wherever they may be, if/when that time comes. Who the hell, in good conscience waits for the threat to come up their driveway, when (hypothetically) the battle is raging 20 miles away?
Randygmn

Postby Tronster on Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:47 am

Randygmn wrote:The Restorative War will begin if they ban semi auto firearms, let alone the entire 2A. The possibility of the citizenry accepting another AWB like that of 1994, without sustained bloodshed, is nil. Our ideological problems can no longer be solved at the ballot box. The time to FINISH preparing for the only other viable remedy.....is now. “If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, so my child may know peace”.

Jeez man, do you even listen to yourself? Talking about war and bloodshed over some gun laws. No, just no. If anything passes there will be marches and rallying at the capital, messages to elected representatives, campaigning by gun lobby groups, and then everyone will go home and go to work the next day as usual. You're living on fantasy island if you think gun owners en mass are going to gather in the streets armed to the teeth ready to fight a gun battle. Gun battle with who? The cops? Some stupid whiny liberal protesters? You're going to be outside alone waving your gun around and cops will get called and either you're arrested or shot. So please keep your head level and don't do anything stupid.
Tronster

Postby george on Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:13 am

Tronster wrote:
Randygmn wrote:The Restorative War will begin if they ban semi auto firearms, let alone the entire 2A. The possibility of the citizenry accepting another AWB like that of 1994, without sustained bloodshed, is nil. Our ideological problems can no longer be solved at the ballot box. The time to FINISH preparing for the only other viable remedy.....is now. “If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, so my child may know peace”.

Jeez man, do you even listen to yourself? Talking about war and bloodshed over some gun laws. No, just no. If anything passes there will be marches and rallying at the capital, messages to elected representatives, campaigning by gun lobby groups, and then everyone will go home and go to work the next day as usual. You're living on fantasy island if you think gun owners en mass are going to gather in the streets armed to the teeth ready to fight a gun battle. Gun battle with who? The cops? Some stupid whiny liberal protesters? You're going to be outside alone waving your gun around and cops will get called and either you're arrested or shot. So please keep your head level and don't do anything stupid.

Gun owners can't even get together on voting for god sakes. Don't rely on gun owners for a shootout. Protect you and yours at your door is about it, and yes they will most likely shoot you. Remember the New Orleans Gestapo and that was unarmed citizens.

When personal freedom is being abused, you have to move to limit it."
- Bill Clinton
"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."
-- President Bill Clinton, August 12, 1993
george

Postby atomic41 on Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:30 am

Ghost wrote:

CW2 would definitely happen.
atomic41

Postby Tronster on Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:31 pm

atomic41 wrote:CW2 would definitely happen.

No, it won't. Are you hoping to have a house to house gun battle with anti's? :roll: Cause the average population is going to go to work like any other day if gun restrictions are passed. For F#&%'s sake all this talk of civil war is beyond stupid, and the only reason I'm commenting is to hopefully wake some of you up before you do something really really really stupid.
Tronster

PreviousNext

Return to In The News