Eden Prairie Mall Locked Down

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Eden Prairie Mall Locked Down

Postby BigBlue on Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:04 pm

Not much detail at present. But I'm guessing since there were no reports of shots it was probably some ninny who saw a permit holder and freaked out. Will be interesting to hear more.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/11/21/eden-prairie-mall-on-lockdown-after-report-of-person-with-weapon/
BigBlue

Re: Eden Prairie Mall Locked Down

Postby BigBlue on Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:17 pm

And yes, it was a f**ktard report:

http://www.fox9.com/news/eden-prairie-center-on-lockdown-for-report-of-person-with-weapon

According to police radio traffic, a witness saw a man with a long gun case entering the Scheels store at the mall, and the man was told the store does not provide the service he was seeking.
BigBlue

Postby Citiot on Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:02 pm

I think some Scheels stores offer gun smithing. I guess not the EP one.

As before mentioned, this will likely turn out to be an anti 2a ninny "swatting." This is how innocent people end up getting killed.
Citiot

Postby Ghost on Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:22 pm

BigBlue wrote:And yes, it was a f**ktard report:

http://www.fox9.com/news/eden-prairie-center-on-lockdown-for-report-of-person-with-weapon

According to police radio traffic, a witness saw a man with a long gun case entering the Scheels store at the mall, and the man was told the store does not provide the service he was seeking.

WTH
Ghost

Postby INOR on Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:49 pm

I wondered when something this dumb would happen. Some suburbanite all alarmed about seeing a cased firearm entering a business which sells guns and they get their panties (male or female version of panties, that is!) in a wad over it?
INOR

Postby BigBlue on Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:36 pm

EP police just made a statement on KARE11. The sergeant said "the person did nothing illegal". Did not say anything bad about the guy's actions or what he did. Said it would be an easy mistake to make since Scheels' other locations all service guns. He was totally like "this is not a big deal". It will be interesting to see how the media carves that up and turns it into anti-gun drivel by the 5:00pm news.

Interesting tidbit gleaned from the statement (made by the mall spokeswoman after the police statement) is that Scheels will be taking over the old Sears location in the mall. She said some huge number like 248,000 sq. ft. of space, but that seems too large. In any event, an upgrade like that will be really nice for EP to have. I just hope they are bringing a huge gun department and it leads to these types of mistakes vanishing entirely because people carrying cased guns will be commonplace there!

BB
BigBlue

Postby BigDog58 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:49 pm

BigBlue wrote:EP police just made a statement on KARE11. The sergeant said "the person did nothing illegal". Did not say anything bad about the guy's actions or what he did. Said it would be an easy mistake to make since Scheels' other locations all service guns. He was totally like "this is not a big deal". It will be interesting to see how the media carves that up and turns it into anti-gun drivel by the 5:00pm news.

Interesting tidbit gleaned from the statement (made by the mall spokeswoman after the police statement) is that Scheels will be taking over the old Sears location in the mall. She said some huge number like 248,000 sq. ft. of space, but that seems too large. In any event, an upgrade like that will be really nice for EP to have. I just hope they are bringing a huge gun department and it leads to these types of mistakes vanishing entirely because people carrying cased guns will be commonplace there!

BB

I hope they finally make the EP location a full store. It will save me from driving to their St. Cloud or Mankato locations. Never went to the EP location, because it only carried clothing type articles.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Ghost on Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:30 pm

BigDog58 wrote:
BigBlue wrote:EP police just made a statement on KARE11. The sergeant said "the person did nothing illegal". Did not say anything bad about the guy's actions or what he did. Said it would be an easy mistake to make since Scheels' other locations all service guns. He was totally like "this is not a big deal". It will be interesting to see how the media carves that up and turns it into anti-gun drivel by the 5:00pm news.

BB

I hope they finally make the EP location a full store. It will save me from driving to their St. Cloud or Mankato locations. Never went to the EP location, because it only carried clothing type articles.

I like the Rochester location. A play area for my daughter and a shooting gallery upstairs.
Ghost

Postby gbono23 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:01 pm

The current Scheels store in EP Center only sells clothes. They have however taken over what was the Sears store and will be opening a store similar to their store in Fargo. It is supposed to open in 2018. With the closing of Gander Mountain there isn't a good sporting goods shore in the SW Metro.
gbono23

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:40 pm

gbono23 wrote:The current Scheels store in EP Center only sells clothes. They have however taken over what was the Sears store and will be opening a store similar to their store in Fargo. It is supposed to open in 2018. With the closing of Gander Mountain there isn't a good sporting goods shore in the SW Metro.

???? Fleet Farm????
Holland&Holland

Postby harryset on Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:36 am

gbono23 wrote:The current Scheels store in EP Center only sells clothes. They have however taken over what was the Sears store and will be opening a store similar to their store in Fargo. It is supposed to open in 2018. With the closing of Gander Mountain there isn't a good sporting goods shore in the SW Metro.

I feel your pain. Gander Mountain came into town, and forced every local SG store out of business,now it's gone as well. Sports Authority came into town, and forced other local SG stores out of business, now it's gone. All shopping is now at least 2hours down the road.

Our Fleet store sells ammo, but no firearms. Wish we had a Mills Fleet instead.
stercus accidit
It's not the LAWS you necessarily have to worry about, it's how the laws are regulated.

Send Me
harryset

Postby Straydog175 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:01 pm

harryset wrote:

I feel your pain. Gander Mountain came into town, and forced every local SG store out of business,now it's gone as well. Sports Authority came into town, and forced other local SG stores out of business, now it's gone. All shopping is now at least 2hours down the road.

Our Fleet store sells ammo, but no firearms. Wish we had a Mills Fleet instead.

I haven't been to the l&m in Bemidji but the one in Grand Rapids has a better firearms selection than most fleet farms I've been to.
Straydog175

Postby gbono23 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:15 am

Yes there is a Fleet Farm in Carver county, but its still a 20 mile drive, and Fleet Farm in Burnsville is about the same, and then there are the two Metro Cabelas locations. Its just going to be nice to have a Scheels in town!
gbono23

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:20 am

gbono23 wrote:Yes there is a Fleet Farm in Carver county, but its still a 20 mile drive, and Fleet Farm in Burnsville is about the same, and then there are the two Metro Cabelas locations. Its just going to be nice to have a Scheels in town!

Sure, but to state there are no options in the SW metro is just not accurate.
Holland&Holland

Postby ex-LT on Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:54 am

gbono23 wrote:Fleet Farm in Burnsville...

There's a Fleet Farm in Burnsville? Where?
The only Fleet Farm south of the river that I know of is in Lakeville. Right across the freeway from Gander Outdoors (also in Lakeville).
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Next

Return to In The News