Permit holder shooting/death in Rochester

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Permit holder shooting/death in Rochester

Postby INOR on Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:37 am

What a moron.
INOR

Postby MJY65 on Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:54 am

Ghost wrote: Could he have locked himself in his car? Would they have broken out the windows?

If he retreated to his car, they pursued him and broke out windows, I doubt he'd be in jail and charged.
MJY65

Postby Ghost on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:48 am

MJY65 wrote:
Ghost wrote: Could he have locked himself in his car? Would they have broken out the windows?

If he retreated to his car, they pursued him and broke out windows, I doubt he'd be in jail and charged.

Guess we’ll see. When a guy seemingly goes from Good Samaritan to murderer in a matter of minutes I’ll wait to pass judgement. Which, my judgement doesn’t matter anyway.
Ghost

Postby BigBlue on Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:17 pm

My observations on this situation*:

- Very surprised to have not yet seen the antis dancing on the grave here and spouting "see! we told you!!"
- Given the way the "victim's" witnesses have admitted to behaving after the cars collided I can only hope that, no matter what happens to Weiss, this acts as a deterrent for other ******* from being aggressive jackwads towards others. I make no judgement about whether this guy was justified in self-defense, but obviously these folks contributed greatly to the bad situation. It's time for people to stop being cocky and obnoxious.

(*): My observations are worth what you paid for them.
BigBlue

Postby mrp on Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:38 pm

BigBlue wrote:
(*): My observations are worth what you paid for them.

If I send you $5 can I get some better ones?

Will the fact that he was using a 17 round magazine in a G19 be put forth as proof that he was a cold blooded killer just looking to start trouble and shoot people up? Will the defense claim that the fact that his magazine wasn't fully loaded (only had 15 rounds after firing once) show that he was a not? Will the extra round and the bumper sticker together be an insurmountable hill for the defense to climb? Will we finally know whether a prosecutor will use "not factory" in a real case?

If nothing else, this case will give instructors more material for their "What not to do" scenarios.

Note: If you send me $20 I'll ask some better questions for you to answer.
mrp

Postby BigBlue on Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:05 pm

mrp wrote:Note: If you send me $20 I'll ask some better questions for you to answer.

We all get what we deserve on the Internet...
BigBlue

Previous

Return to In The News